What did you do today?

Ouchy

Humidity + No chalk = Very hard to deadlift's :( Wanted to go higher but I couldn't as it was just slipping out of my hands.

Also it's annoying when people hog the squat rack for ages :( Had to cut out squats today because of this.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

The gym I go to is actually at a university (AUT, to be precise). The gym at my school is terrible.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Was hit by a car yesterday while I was riding my bike yesterday. Nothing serious cause I was able to maneuver well enough to avoid any serious injuries. Ended up scrapping my knee a little when I pulled my foot out of my petal strap. Basically came out with just a sore leg but it prevented me from doing my leg workout today. Was afraid I'd have to cut out my back workout too but I managed to do it with little pain to my leg.

This is why cleats are far better for cycling; when I got hit by a car back in 2009/10, I was able to stop myself from being injured because unclipping a cleat is so quick/easy compared to a pedal strap, in spite of the fact I was going at 30 mph.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Oh yeah, how much is your membership?

$290 for 6 months, which isn't bad. Not sure about the 12 month price.

ojdv.jpg

Was hit by a car yesterday while I was riding my bike yesterday. Nothing serious cause I was able to maneuver well enough to avoid any serious injuries. Ended up scrapping my knee a little when I pulled my foot out of my petal strap. Basically came out with just a sore leg but it prevented me from doing my leg workout today. Was afraid I'd have to cut out my back workout too but I managed to do it with little pain to my leg.

This is why cleats are far better for cycling; when I got hit by a car back in 2009/10, I was able to stop myself from being injured because unclipping a cleat is so quick/easy compared to a pedal strap, in spite of the fact I was going at 30 mph.

If I was on my bike with clip-ins I probably would have actually ate shit, that or my frame would have shattered. I'm not quick at unclipping (probably should loosen my tension). I can put my feet out of my straps like it's nothing though, I just pulled my leg out and brought it up higher then I should have and it probably hit the top bar trying to avoid the car.

I've done a couple 25+ mile rides in the past few weeks though.

Also got more serious with my workouts this week. Upped my intensity, increased my gym sessions from about 45mins to an hour and half. Probably the most serious I've been about my workouts since May. Feels good.

tFtfA.jpg

Anyone know the benefits of doing less reps per set on a higher weight rather than more reps, lower weight?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Was just curious, I see a lot of people at the gym tend to do 8/8/6, or something around that on bench. I've always gone 15/12/12(though, usually only get 10 out on last set), or as close to that as possible.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

:thumbup: thanks. the higher reps are what I was told to do by PT when I first started, so it makes sense. It's been over 20 months since I last had a PT session, so I'll try lower reps higher weight next time.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'm learning to powerclean so I can replace my bb rows. I usually take to any sport like a fish in water but I feel [bleep]ing gumby learning powercleans.

I'm set to hit 5x5 squats at 100kg within a fortnight, really looking forward to it.

Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time this school year. Ran around the track for 10 minutes, jump-roped, and then biked like crazy for 13 minutes. Was sweating so much. It actually felt good, though. Calves hurt today, though.

I have yet to stop avoiding actual lifting. I just don't feel comfortable lifting. I'd much rather do pushups and situps in my room, but I don't know if I'll get toned at all/build a bit of muscle just from pushups and some ab exercises.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

If you do them enough you will. The first few times you start messing with weights you will probably feel weird, but that's just because you're new to it. I remember the first couple of times I started going to the gym I felt so awkward because I didn't know anything, but once I started trying things out, going with friends, etc to the point where I am now, where I pretty much feel like a boss every time I walk into my gym.

tFtfA.jpg

I don't know if I'll get toned at all/build a bit of muscle just from pushups and some ab exercises.

Getting toned is just losing fat so your get definition in your physique. Ab work is a waste of time imo, you work your abs plenty doing squats, deadlifts, ohp, pullups etc. 6 packs are made in the kitchen if that's what you're after.

Pushups will build a little muscle if you currently struggle to do like 5, but otherwise chances are they won't do a whole lot.

If you only want to do body weight exercises for some reason, pullups, chinups and dips are good, though you should start hanging weights off yourself when you get comfortable with them.

Ahhh so nice. Been half-sick for two weeks, so i've only been able to walk.

But since a couple of days i'm all up and running again. So i had a 3km run (don't like running long distances) today, and ahh... What a great feeling. Half crappy time, but whatever.

Then in the evening, 1h grip training session. Lovely!

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

• 3 weeks later...

Thread hasn't been posted in for nearly a month...

NOPE.

I tried doing front squats today (where the bar is infront of you, rather than on your back), but I couldn't because of my wrist playing up :(

ojdv.jpg

Went to the gym Thursday and Friday, did full body workouts each day. Other then that, my workouts have been limited to that two day a week format due to other commitments. Would have loved to do a bike ride this weekend too but the weather wasn't cooperating.

tFtfA.jpg