What did you do today?

Ouchy

Anyone have tips to sticking with? I mean I start strong and feel the want and urge, but if I don't constantly remind myself or have an obligation with others involved I never end up sticking with it.

Incase it matters I'm just trying to get into some basic running and for now just some basic bodyweight exercises on my off days, push ups, crunches, and maybe some squats.

Find something that you could maybe pursue at a basic competitive level, and sign up for a event. If you're into running signing up for a local 5k run would be an easy way to motivate yourself to train. In an ideal world everyone would be motivated by their future health and longevity, but realistically that's easy to sideline, but if you know you'll be running 5k or a half marathon or whatever in a few months doing well in that is always an incentive.

Edit:

Today I did 3 sets of 5 back squat at 105kg and then for time: 40 bench press at bodyweight (75kg) and 40 reverse wall walks, where you start with your feet against the wall and walk them up into a handstand position then back down. My shoulders are burning like hell now, took me almost 50 minutes, the wall walks are brutal.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Bonez, ask yourself this. What am I actually doing this for? Do you want a better body? Are you doing it for a girl? Do you just want better health? Think about why you are doing it and what you want to achieve.

Persistence is key here, it's what gets you out of bed in the mornings to go for a run/gym when you just want to stay in it.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Jesus christ that is a good effort for your weight. Congrats! icon_thumbsu.gif

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Explains, why the guy talks about polygamy...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Anyone got gym buddies that don't turn up often, when they come you're always waiting for them, but otherwise they're alright?

It's really annoying me, I always did gym by myself then my friend saw my results and asked to come with me, I said it was fine. He comes once-twice a week, three times max and most of those times I'm waiting 20-30 minutes for him, or it's at a time kinda inconvenient for me. He also never goes by himself. Otherwise, when we work out he really pushes himself, is a good spotter and is nice to have around.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I've never really worked out with buddy so I can't relate to you. I've always wanted to though.

Been doing Strong Lifts for about 4 and a bit weeks now. Seeing good progress, can't wait to see what it will be like after 12 weeks.

ojdv.jpg

Does anybody else on this forum play disc golf? I started last summer and have been improving quite a bit since then. My friend got me started and I'd always go with him, and he was so much better than me. He'd always shoot a few under par and I'd always end up a few over. He actually ended up getting sponsored after going to tournaments for a while. Now that I've been improving I'm thinking about going to some tournaments.

I went discing yesterday and on the first hole my first shot landed about 15 feet from the pin (240 foot hole (there have been days where I flew about 20-30 feet past the pin by accident)). Then the second hole my drive landed right underneath the pin, lying against the pole that holds the basket in place (224 foot hole). I ended up shooting 4 under par that round, which is my personal best for that course. Before that my best had been 2 under par. :thumbsup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

To be honest I had never even heard of it. Looks fun though,

ojdv.jpg

It's tons of fun, plus you meet a lot of friendly people while you're out playing a round. I've made quite a few friends through discing.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Always wanted to try it but haven't gotten around to it. There's a park with it set up about 5 minutes walk from my house

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I almost always go to the gym by myself and when I have gone with friends it was alway random and we just happen to be at someones house and collective decide on going right then. Other then that I only work out with people if I actually run into them at the gym and we're working on the same things. I don't really like waiting for people especially if I know it's going to be an inconvenience for me.

tFtfA.jpg

Started this training cycle, I want to get way more exposure to the Oly lifts than I was getting because mine are very under-developed, and I was also starting to stall out on the linear progression a little. One week into the cycle and it's going pretty well, my O-lift numbers are still very low but starting to feel a little more comfortable about throwing a weight over my head and dropping down to catch it. It's also nice to have a change in training focus.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Ran a few miles outside. It was blazing hot, but I knew I wouldn't do it later in the evening. So I just sucked it up. Stopped numerous times because I haven't worked out since spring break. Bleh.

Gonna have some mad blisters.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Does anybody here have any experience with gymnastics? After I finish up my bench press goal in the Fall/Winter, I was thinking of getting into gymnastics considering those guys are [bleep]ing STRONG haha. That'd be awesome to be able to do planche pushups or tiger bends, though I have no idea how long it takes to achieve that.

Anyone got gym buddies that don't turn up often, when they come you're always waiting for them, but otherwise they're alright?

It's really annoying me, I always did gym by myself then my friend saw my results and asked to come with me, I said it was fine. He comes once-twice a week, three times max and most of those times I'm waiting 20-30 minutes for him, or it's at a time kinda inconvenient for me. He also never goes by himself. Otherwise, when we work out he really pushes himself, is a good spotter and is nice to have around.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

If I'm meeting a friend at the gym, I usually just meet at the entrance... but my friends are usually punctual. Sometimes I'll just say "meet at the bench" or something, and I'll just be warming up while waiting on him so it doesn't really matter if they're late. Plus there's only 3 benches and the gym's usually packed so I've gotta wait 5-10 mins for an open bench anyways.

Having a late friend shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you're both doing the exact same workout, in which case yea that'd be kinda inconvenient.

77yLQy8.png

Interesting day today at the gym:

Failed a squat for the first time ever.

Realised I wasn't squatting low enough so now I dropped down the weight to 80kgs so I can squat to parallel.

Nearly fainted doing a deadlift of 115kgs.

ojdv.jpg

Fail a squat, like had to dropped the bar?

For some reason, my gym was packed this afternoon, which is usually isn't. I had a pretty easy week last week only going three days and doing light sets after an intense 3+ weeks but now I'm batch at my normal intensity until the end of June. I don't really know why I'm training so hard, but I think I might try for my first triathlon in early fall, which means I need to start swimming..

tFtfA.jpg

Yeah. Got stuck at the bottom, so I just dropped forward. I had the side bar things set up so it only dropped about 3 cm.

ojdv.jpg

i ran 100 meters to the mail box .. almost didn't make it home.

i really like the feeling after running fast, but the running itself is nearly unbearable :/. woulda thought humans would have evolved to run in a manner that wasn't so taxing (maybe i'm just totally out of shape though, whatever that means).

i ran 100 meters to the mail box .. almost didn't make it home.

i really like the feeling after running fast, but the running itself is nearly unbearable :/. woulda thought humans would have evolved to run in a manner that wasn't so taxing (maybe i'm just totally out of shape though, whatever that means).

Your out of shape :)

Yeah, I only started setting it up as of this week as a precautionary measure. I'm glad I did :P

ojdv.jpg

Worked out in fat/track pants for the first time today. OMG THE COMFORT <3

ojdv.jpg