17th November 2009 - Potions, Spells and Runes

Jon Arcane

Also FYI: I used a wolpertinger and did not recieve any bonus from it. Has anyone else? Its possible these familars are not included in damage boosts, or were forgotten.

Did you use the scroll to boost your magic level or just have it summoned?

They might have removed it from the equation as not to make 92 summoning the cheaper extreme magic potion as well as disallowing it in PvP.

I'm using a wolpertinger + scrolls at rock lobsters at the moment, I've hit a few 25's with ice burst so I can confirm wolpertinger does work.

Also, +10 from extreme mage seems a bit overpowered. Spellbook swap/ice barrage at 84/86?

I think it is pretty balanced at the moment, both 92 summ and 91 herblore are pretty hard to get.

Is it not too hard with wolper hitting the lobs messing up your lures?

Also, what do you mean by this 84/86?

And I think it's okay, but I would have liked for extreme mage to be given at least one or two levels more than the wolpertinger, since wolper gives stackable scrolls and can be used in pvp (meaning it's more useful/cheap so should have less of a bonus).

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also FYI: I used a wolpertinger and did not recieve any bonus from it. Has anyone else? Its possible these familars are not included in damage boosts, or were forgotten.

They might have removed it from the equation as not to make 92 summoning the cheaper extreme magic potion as well as disallowing it in PvP.

I'm using a wolpertinger + scrolls at rock lobsters at the moment, I've hit a few 25's with ice burst so I can confirm wolpertinger does work.

Also, +10 from extreme mage seems a bit overpowered. Spellbook swap/ice barrage at 84/86?

I think it is pretty balanced at the moment, both 92 summ and 91 herblore are pretty hard to get.

Is it not too hard with wolper hitting the lobs messing up your lures?

Also, what do you mean by this 84/86?

And I think it's okay, but I would have liked for extreme mage to be given at least one or two levels more than the wolpertinger, since wolper gives stackable scrolls and can be used in pvp (meaning it's more useful/cheap so should have less of a bonus).

With +10 from extreme mage you would already be able to cast those two spells at level 84/86.

The wolper doesn't mess up the lures that badly, maybe gets a lob stuck somewhere every 1/5 lures.

188k mage xp and 294 crimsons in the first 1k bursts, but I messed up a lot at the start. I expected the +18-21% damage would help more, but it's still pretty good.

2dvjurb.png

aah, okay.

And 188k xp per 1k bursts seems a bit low yes, since I got 180 before all these updates. Maybe the rumor is true that it only affects on lob.

I've been getting a 202 xp/burst average over 350 bursts since those first 1k bursts, so the low xp was probably because I messed up a lot at the start.

2dvjurb.png

You people are still ridiculous.

Overall, the exp rate for Runecrafting has not changed at all. It is still going to take the same amount of time to do. Time is the sole cause of all prices in RS. Was the rate at which 91 RCers made money based on just some magical number that came out of nowhere? No. It can all be accounted for by time. The huge profit made by 91 RCers was just an effect of them spending so much time between 44-91 RC. The price of natures was determined by how many people were training, how many people put the time in to get 91, etc etc.....

All that matters is that they did not increase the exp rate or anything else of that nature...(NATURE...get it..? anyway) It is still going to take the same ammount of effort to train this skill. Now instead of being an average money making skill between 44-91, and then becoming ridiculous on the other half of your journey to 99, this ammount of "reward" is now being disbursed evenly between levels 44-99 instead of being just ridiculously rewarding after you spend a huge ammount of time getting less reward.

Sure it might suck for anyone who already got 91 RC. But ummm...so? My impressions were that we all made the choice to play a game that gets updated because we like the fact that the game will constantly get better and more fun to play. I bet a lot of you 91 RCers wouldn't whine if they suddenly made one of your low skills much more rewarding to train. You can't be selfish here. This update is a great addition to those of us who havent gotten that high in RC, and it is not so great for people who are used to 2x nats. I'm not sure why you think you should matter more, the small population who did something the "old way", compared to the UNLIMITED ammount of potential players that could someday benefit from this update.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I kind of agree with you Mywepons, but I fear that it won't be better money now for 44-91. Nature rune prices will drop, making the profit exactly the same. The only people really losing here will be the 91 runecrafters. The only people really winning are those who made alchable stuff, cause that will probably rise a bit when natures go down.

Rawr, I wasn't referring to new memembers specifically. Actually I was talking about people who are members and have paid for that month. Now if you're like me and someone gave you a membership card for a month because they were trying to get into your pants, and you decided to redeem it because you wanted to do the Ardougne achievement diary the thursday after it came out, then this four weeks would have truly sucked for updates like it did for me.

I imagine there must be other people out there like me who got a month around the same time I did and got this crap for the past month. They'd probably be annoyed as well.

I don't think there are many people who got membership this month because someone trying to get into their pants gave them a membership card.

XD

But I see your point.

Like you said, 91 herb ain't easy to get, so I don't mind someone with lower magic level then me using spells I can't because they have 91 herby.

aah, okay.

And 188k xp per 1k bursts seems a bit low yes, since I got 180 before all these updates. Maybe the rumor is true that it only affects on lob.

No. Jagex wouldn't make something like that.

Also, Jagex can't be like "oh, well your magic level is boosted, but because a WOLPERTINGPER (or w/e it is, sorry about spelling) gave you the boost. Oh, you can hit +5 more damage with DBA spec vs super str pot because DBA gave the bonus."

No. The bonus is a bonus that affects stuff.

Sorry if that came across as a little obnoxious.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Rawr, I wasn't referring to new memembers specifically. Actually I was talking about people who are members and have paid for that month. Now if you're like me and someone gave you a membership card for a month because they were trying to get into your pants, and you decided to redeem it because you wanted to do the Ardougne achievement diary the thursday after it came out, then this four weeks would have truly sucked for updates like it did for me.

I imagine there must be other people out there like me who got a month around the same time I did and got this crap for the past month. They'd probably be annoyed as well.

I feel stupid for arguing with you, but have you ever realized there is more then Runescape then updates. You make it sound like updates are the only thing you're interested in, in this game. There is so much more! BTW, people with a positive attitude are also a lot happier then those with a negative attitude. You should try it sometimes.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

There are some people who play who have exhausted all of the content they are interested in. After a while RS gets boring and you DO start running outta things to do.

Takes a while. But it can happen.

And don't say "get every 99 then." because that is extremely boring repetitive grinding in my books.

That being said, I'm happy with what I have now, although I wouldn't mind a nice new quest. A nice one.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I feel stupid for arguing with you, but have you ever realized there is more then Runescape then updates. You make it sound like updates are the only thing you're interested in, in this game. There is so much more! BTW, people with a positive attitude are also a lot happier then those with a negative attitude. You should try it sometimes.

The problem is not about level of enjoyment for playing the game, but it is a question of what the hell we are paying for. If you buy Oblivion for Xbox360, it comes with a set ammount of things to do. You pay for the game, you get the game, you pay a limited amount of money, and get a limited amount of game.

With a game that requires a subscription fee, you obviously are paying for more. It isn't like you can spend 30 bucks, and get to play RS for as long as you want to. You pay for it. Why? Because it is expected that more work is going to be continually put into the game. What Libs feels is that the amount of work and inginuity displayed by Jagex is rather lack-luster, and Jagex could afford to be providing a better quality of service for our continued payment for this game.

Hell, Team Fortress 2 is a 20 dollar game with no monthly subscription fee, and although the team does not update it on an extremely regular basis, they have provided amazing additional content AND bugfixes to the game. For no additional money per month. A million players give Jagex 6 dollars a month and well, sometimes you just have to wonder where it all goes. Either they are profiting like bandits or they are overpaying their employees for the quality of innovative thinking.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Some people were comparing woodcutting and fishing to runecrafting now and saying things like "You cant fish sharks under 76, and you arent making natures under 44."

This sounds good to me, but right now you have to look at it this way.

We start "Fishing" nature runes at 44 and the better we get at "fishing" runes, the faster we "fish" them in.

At 91 however, there is a cap for how fast we can "fish" in runes.

So someone at 91 "fishing" would "fish" runes at the same speed as someone with 99 "fishing", while before 91, people would be "fishing" better and better for every level.

I dont think its right to cap the speed in which you "fish" runes when fishing fish gives you a faster speed all the way to 99.

The problem is not about level of enjoyment for playing the game, but it is a question of what the hell we are paying for. If you buy Oblivion for Xbox360, it comes with a set ammount of things to do. You pay for the game, you get the game, you pay a limited amount of money, and get a limited amount of game.

With a game that requires a subscription fee, you obviously are paying for more. It isn't like you can spend 30 bucks, and get to play RS for as long as you want to. You pay for it. Why? Because it is expected that more work is going to be continually put into the game. What Libs feels is that the amount of work and inginuity displayed by Jagex is rather lack-luster, and Jagex could afford to be providing a better quality of service for our continued payment for this game.

Hell, Team Fortress 2 is a 20 dollar game with no monthly subscription fee, and although the team does not update it on an extremely regular basis, they have provided amazing additional content AND bugfixes to the game. For no additional money per month. A million players give Jagex 6 dollars a month and well, sometimes you just have to wonder where it all goes. Either they are profiting like bandits or they are overpaying their employees for the quality of innovative thinking.

But then what is this? Isn't this an update? I don't see the complaint of "no big updates". She said this month is horrible. In the exact timeframe of a month, we got: Duel tournaments rework (huge update IMO, finally I can play it again), Ardy diary, anti 76K'ing, Helloween, RSC classic, new champions, new hairstyles, adventure logs, new spells, extreme potions back to some safe minigames and an RC update. Of course not everything appeals to everyone, but that seems like some impressive and big game changing updates to me. What do you want to be satisfied? A WGS like quest or new god dungeon every month?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I don't think there are many people who got membership this month because someone trying to get into their pants gave them a membership card.

XD

But I see your point.

Like you said, 91 herb ain't easy to get, so I don't mind someone with lower magic level then me using spells I can't because they have 91 herby.

aah, okay.

Also, Jagex can't be like "oh, well your magic level is boosted, but because a WOLPERTINGPER (or w/e it is, sorry about spelling) gave you the boost. Oh, you can hit +5 more damage with DBA spec vs super str pot because DBA gave the bonus."

You didn't get what I meant.

I meant that I heard of some people that the extreme mage pot's extra damage only applied on one enemy (in this case one rock lobsters), meaning all other 8 rock lobster got hit by a regular burst (with a max of 22). Not sure if it is still like that cause this was what it was like (according to these people) BEFORE the update.

Some people were comparing woodcutting and fishing to runecrafting now and saying things like "You cant fish sharks under 76, and you arent making natures under 44."

We start "Fishing" nature runes at 44 and the better we get at "fishing" runes, the faster we "fish" them in.

So someone at 91 "fishing" would "fish" runes at the same speed as someone with 99 "fishing", while before 91, people would be "fishing" better and better for every level.

I dont think its right to cap the speed in which you "fish" runes when fishing fish gives you a faster speed all the way to 99.

I was the one who said that example, and your completly right, which is what I was trying to get across, I just worded it badly I guess.

The update benefits everyone up until 91, but provides no benefit to players 91+.

Everyone is talking about reversing the update and how horriable it is. But thats wrong. This update is excelent, and makes the skill better, but Jagex just didnt go far enough with it.

My point was instead of reversing this update and not making each level useful on your way to 91, Jagex should do the exact opposite, and make EVERY level more productive, even after 91.

45-90 should have a chance to make double nats

91 should make double nats

92-99 should have a chance to make triple nats

I would rather see the skill boosted upwards than tore down to what we had before. I didn't really focus on my last post with that before, but its what I intened to get across.

But your right, the cap should be removed.

dawnsigblue-3.png

aah, okay.

I meant that I heard of some people that the extreme mage pot's extra damage only applied on one enemy (in this case one rock lobsters), meaning all other 8 rock lobster got hit by a regular burst (with a max of 22). Not sure if it is still like that cause this was what it was like (according to these people) BEFORE the update.

That does seem to be the case, I've been getting 187 xp/burst for 2.5k bursts, and it was 180 before the update. Out of that 180 xp, 140 xp is from damage, which means 15.55 xp from damage per rock lobster. (15.55*1.31)+(8*15.55)+40 =185 xp/burst. It would have to be close to 220 xp/burst or something like that if it actually boosted the damage on all lobs.

2dvjurb.png

[hide]

I was the one who said that example, and your completly right, which is what I was trying to get across, I just worded it badly I guess.

The update benefits everyone up until 91, but provides no benefit to players 91+.

Everyone is talking about reversing the update and how horriable it is. But thats wrong. This update is excelent, and makes the skill better, but Jagex just didnt go far enough with it.

My point was instead of reversing this update and not making each level useful on your way to 91, Jagex should do the exact opposite, and make EVERY level more productive, even after 91.

I would rather see the skill boosted upwards than tore down to what we had before. I didn't really focus on my last post with that before, but its what I intened to get across.

[/hide]

Could have sworn a few others mentioned some resource skills aswell.

But yeah, I agree with you.

But then what is this? Isn't this an update? I don't see the complaint of "no big updates". She said this month is horrible. In the exact timeframe of a month, we got: Duel tournaments rework (huge update IMO, finally I can play it again), Ardy diary, anti 76K'ing, Helloween, RSC classic, new champions, new hairstyles, adventure logs, new spells, extreme potions back to some safe minigames and an RC update. Of course not everything appeals to everyone, but that seems like some impressive and big game changing updates to me. What do you want to be satisfied? A WGS like quest or new god dungeon every month?

I never said that I didnt think this month wasnt worth my 6 bucks, I was just responding to when you said "have you ever realized there is more then Runescape then updates". That is what I was directing my reply to, and I just wanted to clarify the position of being angry with no updates. I wasn't necessarily talking about this specific month of updates in MY post.

I also have to add that, while Jagex sometimes does not show much creative genius, they are still miles and miles ahead of Blizzard. WoW has countless problems with class design, community design, and game balance, and all they do to fix these problems is give short lived adjustments to the way some things work. For example if there is a problem with the damage being dealt by one class, they will just take certain spells and nerf/buff them. However this never changes the problem that each class goes through stages of being buffed and nerfed that become sickening to the average WoW player. Blizzard needs some creative and innovative thinking to make their game more enjoyable and present solutions that will present LONG term balance. Jagex isn't the best when it comes to this thing either (PLEASE just come up with a way to give us a fun, fair way to get level 80,90+ armor and weapons :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ), but they are for sure better than Blizzard...

Myweponsgood.gif

Comparing RC to Fishing and wood cutting is a bad example because those are both gathering skills.

A better more accurate comparison would be would be with another processing skill, one like Cooking to be precise.

Cooking works exactly the same way as RC. Only you replace chance at failing to process with chance at processing multiples.

Prism_Swords.png

After killing 13 Blue Dragons with Fire Surge, 4 guards and 3 skeletons, I gained nearly 10k magic xp (Not sure how many casts), but not quite so sure how many casts that was. But either way, it is rather fast xp.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Well, depending on the exp rates, maybe the new spells aren't crap. Damagewise though, 95 to hit 28, that's crap.

That would be rather nice XD

Btw how exactly have the Duel Tournaments been re-worked again? Only time I went there was for a week to rank it.

XD

But I see your point.

aah, okay.

Oh. Um. Maybe.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png