17th November 2009 - Potions, Spells and Runes

Jon Arcane

So, if you can now craft multiple natures before 91, shouldn't that mean that you can craft multiple laws/deaths/bloods, too? Thought someone earlier in the thread said you couldn't craft multiple laws, but that wouldn't make sense if it worked for natures and not the other runes.

Anyway, potentially cheaper magic is worth the slightly decreased income from Runecrafting. New spells are kind of cool. The prices to use them should go down in the next few months. Totally digging the extreme potion update. Gives Wolpertinger scrolls a legitimate use and cuts down on what was a slightly OP extreme mage potion.

I rofl'd as I read this. I didn't realize that there was an exact replicate of the extreme magic, only cheaper, that IS available in PvP. I disagree that the extreme magic was overpowered - even hitting 46 with cogs my magic average hit at barrows was still only 17. Not too stunning. The effect of this update is that magic sucks again and extreme magics are worthless.

Seems like Pure Essence is unbuyable from G/E again. WONDERFUL. Jagex is forcing me to DIY another skill and I have over 620m to spend. rolleyes.gif

It's been... quite a frickin' long time since the normal spell book has gotten new spells, if I can recall.. I'm glad to see it, though.

With the runecrafting update itself, it seems quite alright. Hopefully the market for runes and runecrafting itself will stay a tiny bit stable.

That's like saying that smoking kills forced you to stop training slayer because it made spots more crowded. Actually, it is PLAYERS who are forcing you to DIY a skill. Actually, they're forcing you to DIY it or wait a day for ess to buy.

New magic max hit down to 39 from 46.

Runecrafting is a lot less valuble (in my opinion) for the levels you have gained. I have been 99 since Jan 07, and this is by far the worst Runecraft update out (worse than when ZMI was released for me).

And I was planning on Runecrafting in December after not doing so for practically 2 years.. Oh well..

Also, does anybody know if Wolpertinger bonus stacks with extreme magic? Caus if it does then the max hit is back up to around 46.

They are both visible boosts so it does not.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if you can now craft multiple natures before 91, shouldn't that mean that you can craft multiple laws/deaths/bloods, too? Thought someone earlier in the thread said you couldn't craft multiple laws, but that wouldn't make sense if it worked for natures and not the other runes.

Anyway, potentially cheaper magic is worth the slightly decreased income from Runecrafting. New spells are kind of cool. The prices to use them should go down in the next few months. Totally digging the extreme potion update. Gives Wolpertinger scrolls a legitimate use and cuts down on what was a slightly OP extreme mage potion.

Hmm okay, it gives wolpertinger a use, but for me it makes extreme mage pots just obsolete. I think + 10 magic bonus for extreme mage pot would have been a better solution. Wolpertinger would still be good cause its cheaper (300gp a scroll or so) and can be used in pvp worlds, while extreme mage pot needs a very high herblore lvl, hit higher, but cannot be used in pvp worlds.

@ howdasisbad: Were you even thinking when you posted that? Mage didn't get any good update at all. You still hit higher with claws of guthix and it's even cheaper. Only downside is you risk your void mace if you would use it in risky pvp, but then you would probably use ancients anyway.

Range doesn't need any updates at all. I guess it's just a coincidence that you are 99 ranged and only 83 magic? :-)

Lol a good update considering jagex pwned extreme pots from anything pvp related. And now you won't have to spend many mils to get 90ish herbalore to get some magic bonus. And with a Wolpertinger it (should technically) have around the same max hit as before.

Lol i fight clan wars with mage mostly, only switching to range if they are in dragonhide or worse armour since magic is hella lot more useful .

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I rofl'd as I read this. I didn't realize that there was an exact replicate of the extreme magic, only cheaper, that IS available in PvP. I disagree that the extreme magic was overpowered - even hitting 46 with cogs my magic average hit at barrows was still only 17. Not too stunning. The effect of this update is that magic sucks again and extreme magics are worthless.

You're right, hitting that high on monsters is a good thing. To clarify my stance, extreme magic potions were slightly OP for PVP, but perfectly acceptable for PVM. Ah well, too bad you can't bring a wolpertinger into Barrows.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

hope this sheds some light on the topic.

They drop a few MF's in this video so if you are actually offended by hearing bad words don't watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhB9nMxBxP0

this update really makes me angry, as I got 91 rc not long ago. It also makes me angry that no matter what the community says jagex always seems to know better. They know how the economy should be run, they know what we want better than we do, and they know that they can get away with ANYTHING. They could release game changer after game changer and we would all still play. Case and point removal of free trade only suffered a small player loss.

may be time to switch my status from semi-retired to retired.

4e0Vn.png

They drop a few MF's in this video so if you are actually offended by hearing bad words don't watch it.

this update really makes me angry, as I got 91 rc not long ago. It also makes me angry that no matter what the community says jagex always seems to know better. They know how the economy should be run, they know what we want better than we do, and they know that they can get away with ANYTHING. They could release game changer after game changer and we would all still play. Case and point removal of free trade only suffered a small player loss.

After that sobfest of a video, please do. You have no idea what you're talking about.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Since rune cost is one of the biggest reason of why most people does not use magic, would not a decreased rune price encourage others to try using it more before calling magic underpowered? Just how much is this affecting rc anyway?

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

After that sobfest of a video, please do. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I think zarfot was one degree of sarcasm ahead of you

Since rune cost is one of the biggest reason of why most people does not use magic, would not a decreased rune price encourage others to try using it more before calling magic underpowered? Just how much is this affecting rc anyway?

I do believe rc profit and excitement went up, especially in f2p, so more fires on the market then ever, and I predict prices actually staying the same.

Best update in such a long time.

Highlights:

Un-nerfed the herblore update for all but the stupid thugs which dont deserve it.

Automatic ammo pickup at castle wars.

Summoning made a little usefull in combat. (Yeah I know its a only a simple buff to magic which any old pot could do, but its still something when there was nothing but useless walking trashcans.)

Unless your one of the 5 elitests with 91 rc crying yourself to sleep tonight and not the other 1,000,000 accounts then the rc update just helped you out tremendously.

Great for DIY training.

Really long overdo, runes just cost too much and are too hard to get.

Really too good of an update to be Jagex, what happened? They fire all the fools over the mechscape disaster?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I do believe rc profit and excitement went up, especially in f2p, so more fires on the market then ever, and I predict prices actually staying the same.

Fire runes? I thought every slayer and their mother have a cabbage load of fire runes in their bank. XD

I do suppose in the short run the rune prices will stay the same, but if this update does create a much larger amount of runes, magic may finally be on par with range, ammo cost wise. I dream for the day in which combat styles are used equally by all, instead of the majority of melee, small amount of rangers, and the lone ancient who is worshiped by his/her teammates. :)

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I lmao'd at that. :lol:

all cept the middle part. :-|

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

The point of this update was to lower the price of Natures and Astrals which were absurd overpriced Natures making 400gp per essence and Astrals 300gp per essence which means they can both make over 1000k an hour easily while Deathes and Blood are only 200gp per essence and take more time per run and only come out at about 500k an hour and may make even less xp too.

The extreme magic potion was updated because it was overpowered at 40% more damage just from 1 dose while staffs only get 10% now that made it give boosts instead lets you use them for quests etc. and lowers like other extremes it also increases your accuracy and makes the wolpertinger a better summon.

You know...I thought there was a familar's special that gives the owner a huge magic level boost, +10 or something? Would not that familar just replace the extreme mage pot? :s

11-1.jpg[

You know...I thought there was a familar's special that gives the owner a huge magic level boost, +10 or something? Would not that familar just replace the extreme mage pot? :s

Your talking about the wolpertinger it gives the same as the new extreme magic potion.

I lmao'd at that. :lol:

all cept the middle part. :-|

LOL irl :lol: :eek: