17th November 2009 - Potions, Spells and Runes

Jon Arcane

Right now, 2x astrals is still more profitable than 1.5x natures.

The two runes are related (both crafted 2x by high level rcers) so they will fall together.

Mind explaining me why you think Astrals will fall? Because it makes no sense :)

Here's why:

low level - 82 : craft 1.5x nats for profit

82 - 91 : craft 2x astrals for profit

91 - 99 : craft 2x nats for profit

astrals are sandwiched by nats on both sides, so they're inextricably linked.

There is absolutely NO reason that there will be more people crafting Astrals.

The only reasonable thing that will happen will be that some of the higher level crafters, previously doing astrals, will be moving onto natures. Only talking about the 88-89-90 crafters (depending on nature's probability ofcourse).

So the only change in amount of astrals daily crafted will be a decrease, meaning that price will go up when demand stays the same, which, at the moment, probably will...

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And runecrafting is still a slow skill to level so getting 99 won't be any easier. You'll just get more runes on the way!

More runes on the way to 91, maybe. But no more runes from 91-99. Which is pretty much the only thing I have a problem with at this point. If I know anything about coding, it would have been so easy to add mathematical curves after the current caps extending to the theoretical caps past 99 RC such that you could occasionally triple some of your nats, but they didn't. Well, it would be easy if their coding is good. But if they did a bunch of sloppy hard coding, I can see where that would be difficult.

Right now, 2x astrals is still more profitable than 1.5x natures.

The two runes are related (both crafted 2x by high level rcers) so they will fall together.

Mind explaining me why you think Astrals will fall? Because it makes no sense :)

Yeah, the price should actually rise, not fall, as supply will be decreased.

Can anyone with 95+ RC test with a couple of loads of astrals to see if you can get more than 2 per essence? Or chaos for that matter...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

The only reasonable thing that will happen will be that some of the higher level crafters, previously doing astrals, will be moving onto natures. Only talking about the 88-89-90 crafters (depending on nature's probability ofcourse).

So the only change in amount of astrals daily crafted will be a decrease, meaning that price will go up when demand stays the same, which, at the moment, probably will...

Actually there is, if nats fall lower than astrals, then people will craft more astrals.

So, basically, getting more nature runes on earlier levels has been made easier, yet all the other runes still won't get doubles?

Oh yes, jolly. I feel ever so giddy going through the trouble of getting 91 RC to get massively assraped by JaGeX.

One more reason not to renew membership in 14 days.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

And also, pure ess shouldn't rise too much. I mean, you can get 150 free just by stopping by Wizard What'shisface in Ardougne with the Ardy Cape 3.

Wizard Cromperty.

And ohh yes, 150 essence REALLY CAN BE COMPARED to the hundreds of thousands of essence that are mined each and every day. Way to go in logical thinking =P

I'm not really sure about this. I'm after a long term goal of 99 RC, so more runes on the way is good, but the idea of Natures becoming worth less is annoying, tbh =/ What they need to do now is to combat that by adding some nature related spells to bring the demand for, and therefore the price of, Natures up.

And where the hell is my soul rune altar!?!?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Actually there is, if nats fall lower than astrals, then people will craft more astrals.

No, no and no.

Currently, everyone interested in making money from Rc that is between 82 and 91 rc, will make astrals.

So, why would there be more people making astrals at once?

You, my friend, are making no point with how you see it :)

sigwg.png

Can anyone with 95+ RC test with a couple of loads of astrals to see if you can get more than 2 per essence? Or chaos for that matter...

Has been tested with Laws, and you do not get multiple laws..

So anything higher than 100 doesn't count :)

sigwg.png

The Runecrafting update makes all the sense to me. I always found it illogical that you became no better at crafting runes for 45+ levels (from 44 to 90 RC, discounting the essence pouches), then when you're 5 xp away from 91, you craft a single more rune from the tens of thousands you had already crafted before and then BAM!, suddenly divine illumination comes to you and you realize out-of-nowhere how to improve your RC efficiency 100%!

As you gain cooking levels, you don't burn all the same rate until you reach the non-burning level. As you level, you improve gradually. The same thing for mining, woodcutting, fishing and so many other skills. So why should RC be different? Like I said, the previous system was illogical and inconsistent with the rest of the game.

I have a friend whose RC level is 86. He made a nat trip carrying 52 essence and came out with 76 nats, wich is a 44% improvement. He had to leave and couldn't do more trips, but I imagine the rate doesn't deviate too much from that. If it does, I'll come back and edit this, but for now I say: Despite being 5 levels away from 91, he's only 44% better than a 44 RC'er, while a 91 RC'er is 100% better. A difference of 56% in 5 levels. So being 91 RC is still a whole lot better; this update has not dimmed the glory of double natting :)

It definitely has. Now that RCers with 70+ make as much money as 82 rcers do with 2x astral, both nats and astrals will go down quite a bit.

Maybe at lower slayer levels you should have a chance of hitting monsters then?

Precisely. Suddenly being illuminated on how to kill an Abyssal Demon while having absolutely no clue before, after killing, say, 1 extra Dust Devil from your task is just as ridiculous as RC was before this. What should have been done with Slayer is that you could kill high-level Slayer monsters without having the necessary level, but it would take an awfully long time as you would only hit for example 1 in 30 attacks. Then as you improved Slayer the hit chance would increase... A few levels below the required level, half of the attacks you would have normally have hit if you had the level would instead hit 0. It would have been the most logical thing to do.

Should I be able to mine rune at lower levels as well? What about fishing sharks and cutting magic trees? Why can't I attempt to cook a shark at 70 Cooking or weild an abyssal whip at 65 attack? Runescape doesn't work like that.

10xy5fk.png

Has been tested with Laws, and you do not get multiple laws..

So anything higher than 100 doesn't count :)

Somewhat disappointed by that... It's a good update for everyone not 91 RC then, oh wait that's about 95% of RSers...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Should I be able to mine rune at lower levels as well? What about fishing sharks and cutting magic trees? Why can't I attempt to cook a shark at 70 Cooking or weild an abyssal whip at 65 attack? Runescape doesn't work like that.

Exactly. I think you should earn the level to reap the rewards, not get rewarded for free basically.

I'm not really sure about this. I'm after a long term goal of 99 RC, so more runes on the way is good, but the idea of Natures becoming worth less is annoying, tbh =/ What they need to do now is to combat that by adding some nature related spells to bring the demand for, and therefore the price of, Natures up.

Extreme level alchemy? :ohnoes:

I don't want to see a soul altar until souls are useful.

You guys are forgetting how cooking works, take sharks for example, you can cook them at 80 and only stop burning them at 94 WITH cooking gloves... Following your logic, the true cooking level should be what...80 or 94? I think it's a good move by Jagex and if anyone tell me I say this because I have the mid level to benefit from this, you can bet that ess prices and rune prices will balance to reach a point where RC will be as profitable as it was prior to the update. RC is not faster today than it was yesterday and once prices stabilize, it will be as profitable as it was.

langerkiller.png

Extreme level alchemy? :ohnoes:

I don't want to see a soul altar until souls are useful.

Rofl. Super High Alchemy at level 90something erm.... some other creative ideas I cba thinking up :P Maybe spells related to the new skill that will come out (eventually)? Like using magic to call on nature to blow the wind into your boat sails...

And true, the soul altar should only be introduced with a new spellbook/major addition to Lunar book.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I think ive found the curve they were talking about with the double runes.

If the rise in % is the same all the way between the levels for the double runes, you will have about 2,13% chance of getting double natures at 45 runecrafting.

At 50, you would have 12,78% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 60, you would have 34,08% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 70, you would have 55,38% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 80, you would have 76,68% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 90, you would have 97,98% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 91, you would have 100,11% chance of getting double nature runes. (Ignore the ,11. It was in my formula :P)

This is only if there is a set amount which increases by the same amount every level though.

If this were to continue, this would be how triple nats would look:

92 - 2,13% chance of triple nats.

93 - 4,26% chance of triple nats.

94 - 6,39% chance of triple nats.

95 - 8,52% chance of triple nats.

96 - 10,65% chance of triple nats.

97 - 12,78% chance of triple nats.

98 - 14,91% chance of triple nats.

99 - 17,04% chance of triple nats.

100 - 19,17% chance of triple nats.

[You guys have bit confused with all this "new" method...

it is like cooking, the higher you get less chance of failing or producing more like woodcutting or fishing.

However it's only about certain things that you're already able to do. can't compare slayer skill and saying you can slay abbys at lower lvl. if we would fit slayer into this logic, it would be able to slay slayer monsters better at higher lvls, or get better rewards from them/the slayer masters.

The change in runecrafting is going by the right logic - in 44 you already gain the ability to make nature runes - 91 just make it producing more. so instead of the improving getting at once, over 5m xp later, you get it by steps till 91 - in a going up graph. if you fit to it the "wrong slayer case" then you get runecrafting natures before 44.

About the update itself: some may not like runecrafting like all new training methods, but it's good and it's gonna stay there watever you like it or not. but the mage update is kinda weak - as some already pointed out even without ancient spellbook, god spells are by far better in both price&lvl gained&max hit&spell cost - in the long run these spells won't change a bit in runescape. only nice graphic spells.

I excepted jagex to do more creative magic update that'll...for example...continue the line of GOP robes that makes you use less runes. this could actually lead into the right way of finally making mage should'able in more PVM situations. or some special attacks in mage, or making diffrent between bonuses staffs gives with adding the speed factor (kinda RSC->RS2 they did to range&melee, the forgot mage?). just raising the max hit helps only PKers, and "omg i can hit x damage with y" guys...

want_a_box.png

It pisses me off that they nerfed Extreme Magic Potions. Their justification for it was that the nerf puts the Extreme Magic Pot more in line with the other extreme potions, except the error in that logic is that magic has a far lower normal max hit than the other two styles. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuu-

td2sig.jpg

you don't get the full benefit of doubling every ess untill 91 and people it only takes 44 rc to start making nats so therefore this idea that killing slayer monster with out the base level means nothing because you only need 44 rc to start making natures so you still need the base level for the slayer monsters to be able to kill also slayer has had boosts for years slayer respite and wild pies. your idea that killing a abby at lvl X but taking a long time makes absolutely no since at all because of the original base level to start making natures and also your basing the reward "doubling nats" to killing a slayer monster. killing a slayer monster wields no rewards unless it actuarially drops something. so the idea of being able to kill a higher lvl slayer monster then your current level but taking allot longer is a utterly useless statement for the fact of killing a monster means nothing unless you can get exp/rare drop from it.

if you wanted to compare this is slayer start flaming that if u have 99 slayer that you should have a better chance at getting drops from a lower level monster not the ablity to kill the monster since that is compared to 44 rc for natures and say 83 for spirit mages those are the base lvls and the reward is say more natures per ess at 45 then 44 and more d boots at 99 slayer then 84 slayer.

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

The more natures in the game, the cheaper their price.

The cheaper their price, the more people who use high alchemy as a viable training option.

The more people who use high alch, the more coins generated.

See, pvp is only part of inflation. The increased number of 91+ runecrafters (and runecrafting in general) also has a pretty big thing to do with it, as much as we hate to admit it.

lalalasig2.png

I think ive found the curve they were talking about with the double runes.

If the rise in % is the same all the way between the levels for the double runes, you will have about 2,13% chance of getting double natures at 45 runecrafting.

At 50, you would have 12,78% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 60, you would have 34,08% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 70, you would have 55,38% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 80, you would have 76,68% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 90, you would have 97,98% chance of getting double nature runes.

At 91, you would have 100,11% chance of getting double nature runes. (Ignore the ,11. It was in my formula :P)

This is only if there is a set amount which increases by the same amount every level though.

If this were to continue, this would be how triple nats would look:

92 - 2,13% chance of triple nats.

93 - 4,26% chance of triple nats.

94 - 6,39% chance of triple nats.

95 - 8,52% chance of triple nats.

96 - 10,65% chance of triple nats.

97 - 12,78% chance of triple nats.

98 - 14,91% chance of triple nats.

99 - 17,04% chance of triple nats.

100 - 19,17% chance of triple nats.

You're assuming a linear cure by level.

I think this is totally wrong, it'd make more sense if it was an exponential curve by experience :)

sigwg.png