What do you think the most useful potion is?

onedaysoon

I know a lot of people will just go, pfft overload, gf, next topic. However I reckon that some people, myself included would think otherwise. There are lots of potions out there that are very useful, my personal choice would be special recovery potions ;)

I think the 3 most useful, especially when used together, are special recoveries, overloads and Saradomin brews.

What do you think?

4sDIn.png

What this boils down to is what your doing, the most useful for me would be prayer, extreme attack and strength. From your choice it seems you monster hunt alot

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

I'd actually say prayer potions. You can get away without stat boosts, although they're super helpful; however, you cannot go without prayer potions.

Watch me ;)

At bosses. No Super Restores either!

When doing gwd with 4 people or more with 99 prayer you don't really need prayer potions or super restores. Altar gives all prayer restoring you need. Unless you are tanking at zammy :P At armadyl you need 1 dose of sr/ppot between recharges if you are using hawk/eagle eye.

My answer to the topic is overload potion. Used in combination with saradomin brews. Great for ffa and soloing. I'm not quite sure how useful that special restore potion really is.. It has its uses for sure in both soloing and ffa. Might be good for slayer too (more sgs spec = more cheap prayer restoring for boost prayers or protection prayers in some cases.

I'd actually say prayer potions. You can get away without stat boosts, although they're super helpful; however, you cannot go without prayer potions.

Watch me ;)

At bosses. No Super Restores either!

When doing gwd with 4 people or more with 99 prayer you don't really need prayer potions or super restores. Altar gives all prayer restoring you need. Unless you are tanking at zammy :P At armadyl you need 1 dose of sr/ppot between recharges if you are using hawk/eagle eye.

My answer to the topic is overload potion. Used in combination with saradomin brews. Great for ffa and soloing. I'm not quite sure how useful that special restore potion really is.. It has its uses for sure in both soloing and ffa. Might be good for slayer too (more sgs spec = more cheap prayer restoring for boost prayers or protection prayers in some cases.

I will make a lot of special restore pots to get my herblore lvl up, so I will have much more than I'm going to use anyway so I'm planning to bring them about anywhere I am fighting. An extra sgs spec every minute will probably make food or healing familiars obsolete on most tasks. I could also use them for 2 extra dds specs a minute, which should also make a difference (I'm interested in how big the difference would be).

edit: at maximum efficiency you get 60 extra sgs specs an hour, let's make it 50 because you wont drink your spec restore exactly after 30s every time. On top of that you got your regular 12 full spec bars an hour (its 5 minutes for a full bar, right?), these account to another 24 specs. So 74 sgs specs an hour, healing around 10 hp each (very low estimate), that's 740 hp an hour and also half of that in prayer pts, which is like 13 doses of ppot. (all very rought estimates)

prayer and super restores

without those hunting trips =impossible

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Sara brews, they were the food I used for 99 thief and have allowed me to tank for several minutes while teleblock wears off a ma.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

it really depends on the situation, but overall probably either Sara brews or Prayer/Super restores.

zemus.gif

24th to 2496 Overall   ~  29th to 120 Dungeoneering

~ Wilderness Guardian since November 2007 ~

• 2 weeks later...

My first thought is the prayer potion. I have lunar spells and a prayer book to handle poison, and those are about the only two things I ever use pots for anyways. However, when I think about it there are some times when another skill needs restoring.

I would have to say the super restore is the most useful stand alone potion there is, as it is a prayer potion that can handle all those odd cases when you other stats take a hit. Playing the game as I do right now, the super restore potion is the only one I actualy need. I can use prayer to boost my skills for combat instead. Also the prayer book that cures poision consumes prayer. At the end of the day, prayer potions are actualy all I need. I ca use redemtion continuously to keep me alive shoudl I find my self in a stat draining area.

• 2 weeks later...