Waterfiends!!!! The Crimson Charm Kings!!!!!

wateverlol

Waterfiend.gif

Waterfiends!!!! A summoner's best friend, but also their worst enemy. At level 115, they are a fomidal foe, with a money making side as well. You can die in a matter of seconds!!! Unless, you use the right equipment...

Requirements!

You need at least:

70 Attack

65 Strength

65 Defence

Done Barbarian Training up to Pyre Ships

Location, Location, Location!!!

The waterfiends are located in the Ancient Cavern, or in the Chaos Tunnels. To get to the Ancient Cavern, you must jump into the whirlpool after starting the Pyre Ship section of barbarian training.

Ancient_cavern_location.png

This map shows you how to get there. Also, you must pray Protect From Magic when you run past the Brutal Green Drags. To exit the caverns, you can use the Escape Logs at any time to end up by where you start Waterfall Quest

summonge6.png

Equipment

There are 3 major methods of killing Waterfiends. Prayer Tank, Void Tank, and Ranging

Prayer Gear

summonom3.png

Helm: Helm of Neitiznot, Proselyte Sallet

Amulet: Fury, Glory, Stole(Not reccomended)

Cape: Fire, Trimmed Skill Cape, Obsidian, Prayer Cloaks(Not Reccomended)

Ammo: Mith Arrows (Saves inventory space)

Body: Karil's or other Barrows (High mage and Range def)

Legs: Same as Body

Gloves: Barrows, Dragon, or Rune Gloves

Boots: Dragon

Ring: Warrior ring, Beserker ring (use Warrior ring only if you are using slash attacks)

Seer's ring, Wealth Ring, Explorer Ring

Weapon: Zamorakian Spear, Saradomin Sword, Abyssal Whip

Shield(if using Whip): Rune Defender, Unholy Book, Holy Book, Balance Book

Inventory:*

Super Sets,

Prayer Pots,

Holy Wrench (lets you get extra points through prayer potions),

High Healing Foods or Healing Familiars and Scrolls

Summoning Pots (if using familiars)

Tank Method

waterfiendinventtb2.png

This is instead of using prayer potions, they are using food and bunyip familiars to heal them.*

Can be used in void

Cape: Trimmed Skill Cape, Fire Cape, Obsidian Cape

Gloves: Same as prayer tank

Here is a person using the Tank Method.

waterfiend-deco.png

Ranging Method

This is what is reccomended for killing waterfiends.

waterfiends_ranged_equipment.jpg

Helm: Armadyl, Archer, Void

Cape: Accumulator

Amulet: Fury or Glory

Ammo: Ruby(e) or Broad Bolts

Body: Armadyl, Black D'hide

Legs: Armadyl, Black D'hide

Boots: Snakeskin

Gloves: Rune-Barrows Gloves, Black D'hide Vambracers

Ring: Archer, Seers, Wealth, Explorer Ring

and the reccomended inventory.*

http://www.nightslayers.org/runescape/guide/images/waterfiends/waterfiends_ranged_inventory.jpg

Prayer Pots

Here is a person using the Ranged Method

waterfiends_safe_spot.jpg

My friends from the Night Slayers say to stay behind the red line in the pic and kill the ones in the yellow paralellogram.

It is not reccomended to use Dharoks here due to the fact you can be killed in seconds.

No matter what, you need a ONE CLICK TELEPORT!!!!!!

To kill these, simply switch on range protect, and kill as many as you please, just monitor your health and prayer.

Here is someone's trips to the waterfiends for Slayer:

Prayer Method (With Godsword)

181waterfiends.jpg

This is a list of what you can get from Waterfiends.

Adamant chainbody, Blood rune (2-12), Blue charm, Blue d'hide vamb,

Broad bolts (1), Crimson charm, Cactus seed, Clue Scroll (level 3),

Coins (1, 96, 120), Death rune (9-19), Fishbowl (empty), Gold charm,

Green charm, Grimy avantoe, Grimy dwarf weed, Grimy guam,

Grimy harralander, Grimy irit, Grimy kwuarm, Grimy lantadyme,

Grimy marrentill, Grimy ranarr, Grimy tarromin, Harralander seed,

Jangerberry seed, Limpwurt seed, Mist rune (3-9), Mithril arrow (90),

Mithril bar (2), Mithril full helm, Mithril ore (1-5) (Noted), Mithril warhammer,

Mud rune (3-9), Oyster, Poison ivy seed, Ranarr seed,

Raw lobster (4,8,10,12), Raw shark (1-6), Rune med helm, Sapphire bolts (15),

Seaweed (10-30) (Noted), Shark, Snapdragon seed, Snape grass (20) (Noted),

Staff of water, Steam rune (3-10), Strawberry seed, Tarromin seed,

Toadflax seed, Uncut diamond, Uncut emerald, Uncut ruby,

Uncut sapphire (2) (Noted), Vial of water (1-10) (Noted), Water battlestaff, Water orb (1-10) (Noted),

Water rune (91), Water talisman, Watermelon seed (1-4), Wildblood seed

Please submit to any changes to this guide.

Special Thanks To: Runescape Wiki, Google Images, and Pure_MageUK for pics and info.

TY!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

TFR_Fail.gif

20k.png

Barrows Drops:

Guthan Helm: 2

Dharok Greataxe:1

[hide=Obselete]I'm not completely sure if this is caused by the thread, but upon viewing my browser was redirected to a site that AVG claimed was trying to download malware.

So watch out and keep your computer safe.

Scanned the files individually, they seem to be fine.

[/hide]

Semi-decent, two main things that are blatantly sticking out is that you did not post level recommendations and you used other player's pictures for scenarios that could be easily captured by yourself.

I'm not sure if you had permission to use the pictures, but giving special thanks doesn't qualify you to use a picture. You should give thanks to players for providing you with use of their pictures, not for their pictures.

Anyway, I like that you have motivation that drives you to create a guide, keep at it, ask for constructive critcism, and you will be a professional in no time. Also, look at completed guides in the AoW. Look at the methods people used to make their guide organized and unique. Look at what the players liked about the guide. Obviously, don't plaguarize their topic or blatantly steal their template, rewrite it in your own words, adding in sections and tips that could potentially make it better. Pictures are amazingly helpful, but don't overuse pictures. A picture does tell a thousand words, and if you have too many pictures you will receive a type of reply close-cousin of "tl;dr" (Or "Too long, didn't read" if you do not know.) Good luck, and have fun creating guides. =)

I'm not completely sure if this is caused by the thread, but upon viewing my browser was redirected to a site that AVG claimed was trying to download malware.

So watch out and keep your computer safe.

Could someone move this please to the AoW please?

Thank you!!

Dod Mi Ih

TFR_Fail.gif

20k.png

Barrows Drops:

1/10. Would be zero but you had a nifty little gif of a waterfiend.

Instead of Just giving me a rating, could you please tell me what i could do to make it better???

Thanks.

TFR_Fail.gif

20k.png

Barrows Drops:

Instead of Just giving me a rating, could you please tell me what i could do to make it better???

Thanks.

You are generally very vague in your guide.

You don't adequately list out the recommended equipment.

A warrior ring gives a slash bonus only, therefore is useless with a crush weapon. A berserker, would be first followed by either a seers, wealth, or explorers ring.

You don't even mention the trimmed skill cape, but you mention the obsidian cape. Same goes for the Saradomin Sword, it doesn't even get a mention.

You fail to mention mimimum and recommended stats to kill Waterfiends.

You fail to mention the requirement of barbarian firemaking to access them.

You fail to mention alternative methods of killing them. (Ranging, Chaos Tunnels, Dharoking etc.)

In all honesty, it's a poorly written guide. I just picked out the major flaws with your guide, there is so much more that could be done. Another thing, you could at least take your own pictures instead of just taking someone else's Waterfiend GIF and Ancient Cavern map. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. It's a decent start, but there are so many ways you can go with this and you chose to leave it in this raw rough draft form.

Foooman.png

Thanks.

You are generally very vague in your guide.

You don't adequately list out the recommended equipment.

A warrior ring gives a slash bonus only, therefore is useless with a crush weapon. A berserker, would be first followed by either a seers, wealth, or explorers ring.

You don't even mention the trimmed skill cape, but you mention the obsidian cape. Same goes for the Saradomin Sword, it doesn't even get a mention.

You fail to mention mimimum and recommended stats to kill Waterfiends.

You fail to mention the requirement of barbarian firemaking to access them.

You fail to mention alternative methods of killing them. (Ranging, Chaos Tunnels, Dharoking etc.)

In all honesty, it's a poorly written guide. I just picked out the major flaws with your guide, there is so much more that could be done. Another thing, you could at least take your own pictures instead of just taking someone else's Waterfiend GIF and Ancient Cavern map. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. It's a decent start, but there are so many ways you can go with this and you chose to leave it in this raw rough draft form.

Thanks for giving me your honest opinion never though about skill cape at all, the requirements, etc. Thanks

TFR_Fail.gif

20k.png

Barrows Drops:

I see you have a holy wrench in your first inventory picture (after the trip). You may want to mention in what circumstances, if any, you should use the holy wrench.

Thanks

TFR_Fail.gif

20k.png

Barrows Drops:

No offense but its lacking quite a bit.

Theres a lot more equipment which is arguably better.

•  
  • Dwarven helmet
  • Fighter hat
  • God capes
  • Enchanted rings
  • Regen Bracelet

Tzhaar-ket-em (obby mace)- <<near tried it but with rune defender and zerker necklace would be very powerful.

You also need 1 super restore or summoning potion dose per extra pouch (depends on summoning level whether or not you need it for just 2)

If your camping there high alch runes add a lot of cash per trip.

Karils or other barrows second best to karils is black dhide. The melee barrows sets are horrible here and ahrims has no range defense.

With your required levels you'll be lucky to last over 30 mins.

Whipping them is very hit and miss and I've only ever heard of half way decent rates if your on a slayer task using black mask/slayer helm.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I think this is a nice start for a guide, but some poor people (like me) can't even afford barrows, so maybe rune stuff could be in the guide too (If you don't want to do it you don't have to, it is your guide ;) ) ofcourse I am to poor to buy a gs or zammy spear too but it is possible to lend a weapon now and other weapons are horrible against them :) (So I wouldn't put whip on the reccomend list because it is quite horrible to kill them with ;) )

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The bottom two loot pictures (the one with 201 crimsons and the one with the whip) are mine :blink:

I took them for a guide about summoning about one year ago, which can be found here. The first one is a screen after 250 waterfiend kills, but the second one is after 250 abby demon kills. Why would you want to add an abby demon loot screen in your waterfiend guide? :???:

Anyway, i'm not very happy that you used my pictures in your guide without asking. Please remove them and add your own. Thanks.

Leonxb.png

The bottom two loot pictures (the one with 201 crimsons and the one with the whip) are mine :blink:

I took them for a guide about summoning about one year ago, which can be found here. The first one is a screen after 250 waterfiend kills, but the second one is after 250 abby demon kills. Why would you want to add an abby demon loot screen in your waterfiend guide? :???:

Anyway, i'm not very happy that you used my pictures in your guide without asking. Please remove them and add your own. Thanks.

Ok... now that picture makes sense im soory and ill take them off

Dod mi ih

TFR_Fail.gif

20k.png

Barrows Drops:

Although, can i use the waterfiend pics instead???

Thanks,

Dod mi ih

TFR_Fail.gif

20k.png

Barrows Drops:

hey, good guide but not to burst your bubble or anything like that but,

• the Waterfiends in the Chaos give more charms than the ones where u are talking about. just wanted to pointed that out
    Plus u can bring a titan to help you kill them, Mutliway combat there too

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

• the Waterfiends in the Chaos give more charms than the ones where u are talking about. just wanted to pointed that out

I found the drop rates of crimsons to be pretty much the same in both locations. The CT is more crimsons per hour as combat familiars really speed up the kill time, not because they drop them more often.

Theres big differences between the cost, required levels and methods in each location.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I found the drop rates of crimsons to be pretty much the same in both locations. The CT is more crimsons per hour as combat familiars really speed up the kill time, not because they drop them more often.

Theres big differences between the cost, required levels and methods in each location.

I truthfully agree with joe cuz like i was there half an hr ago and was like there for 3 mins and almost died...

So Ancient Cavern is the best way to go...

Sorry but this is a bad guide, for reasons people mentioned before. There are several pretty good guides out there already tbh, so I wouldn't really bother. You would need a lot of work to make it really good, and most of all experience with killing them, which you don't really seem to have. In fact, after reading this, did you ever kill some? You can go much much more in depth about killing them.

You also don't die there in a second, you are dramatising the thing. Dharoking IS actually the fastest way (in the ancient cavern) to kill them, so don't just turn it down cause it is risky.

So yeah, sorry if this sounds harsh, but your guide sucks.

I have been looking around for Waterfiend guides to help me along for my first time there. I have been Slaying and starting to get into it a lot and i saw this guide and clicked.

It seems that this guide is poorly constructed. I mean. No offense but it looks like you put it together in under 20 minutes by copy pasting links from elsewhere and adding information YOU THINK would help and none that WOULD ACTUALLY help.

Again. No offense. But i have seen FAAAAAAAAAR better guides than this and if you want to make one that people like you need to come up with many many different percentages of drops/charm rates and xp rates. You need to spend a few hours working on it, refining it and testing it. Then once you have finished; preview it, critique it yourself find errors and make sure it gets polished.

Out of 10.. A sad and disappointing 3 from me.. Sorry. But this doesn't really help me much at all in learning about Waterfiends. :mellow:

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.