STOP SUPPORTING TERRORISTS!!!!!!

DaN

hopefully you won't share yours over the phone anyway.

SO we lose our right/ability to use a phone for private convosation?!

The only reason to use a phone over other methords is for privacy.

You can be monitored by the Australian (any other country for that matter) government at any time, however they will not release any information about you unless itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s for a serious crime, terrorist threat etc.

http://www.dsd.gov.au/about_dsd/privacy_safeguards.html

There is no where in the world where you can have 100% privacy, so get over it. I don't know about you but I use a phone because it is more convenient then visiting the person, rather then privacy.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Death_By_Pod: I was under the impression that Australian law enforcement required a warrent to listen in on any communcations?

The DSD is part of the ECHELON network, It's not clear if they can directly monitor Australian citizens but they sure can indirectly monitor citizens from its partners on the ECHELON network (US, UK etc. for example Australia monitors America and America monitors Australia). If you look at that site I posted earlier the mere fact that they have a section on "Privacy Concerns" and protocol on dealing with Australian communications should give you the hint that they are capable of getting Australian signals.

I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know if itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s any different but the DSD works inside of the Department of Defence, not the Federal police. I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think the military have things such as warrants however I could be wrong. What will they warrant for anyway? ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not physical property.

I know you need a subpoena for a lot of intelectual-property kind of things. Digial communications (I'd doubt phones come under that) would require one, or at least a court order :-?

I'd hate to think they can just bypass that system all together. Last I read anything on it they needed some rather solid evidence to be allowed...

hopefully you won't share yours over the phone anyway.

SO we lose our right/ability to use a phone for private convosation?!

The only reason to use a phone over other methords is for privacy.

Nope, that right was lost a while ago if you had any suspicious type activity, but the point is it doesn't matter what you talk about over the phone as long as it's not about terrorism, since they simply won't care. They have better things to do than monitor your phones, they'll monitor the phones of people they're watching.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I dont know about where you guys live, but here in Norway we sometimes "Pick up" other peoples conversation when talking with a friend or relative on the phone. This happens rarely, but often enough to make me wary of what im talking about on the phone. I would never say something on the phone I didnt want anyone else then the person im talking with, can hear. Very private convos I save for when we're alone. :P

Oh, and if I knew my phonecalls were tapped I wouldnt mind really. Because I have nothing to hide and if investigating me can clear me for any suspicion, well thats great then :)

If I should have a rampage everytime I was kept under surveillance, I would have to stop going outside; theres cameras everywhere! Not only that; The media monitor me as well; what I see on the television is carefully monitored. What internet sites im visiting is also carefully noted. Even what im buying from catalogues will be registered!

This for advertising purposes of course. But what is worst? Some ad employee (that could be your neighbour you know) knows what you had for dinner today, what you watched on the TV, what radiostation you listening too, what magazines you subscribe too and so on, then if a anonymous investigator do the same?

Frankly, I prefer the latter.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Who doesn't run from the police? Me for one. If you are completely innocent then why would you run from armed police? I'm not talking about the shooting of the innocent after the London bombings either, they were different circumstances; but whatever you have done to make the police want to stop you, you'll only make it worse by running away from them, since it begs the question, why are you running?

I ran from the police the other day. i didnt have mt helmet on and i was on my bike, i ran into the train station because i was gonna go home anyways when they came. Supose that law was in and they saw a tall guy with a backpack on sprinting towards a packed train station.. well i could have ended up like that poor sod in London who got pinned to the ground and shot 5 times in the back of the head.

manedit.png

First and only pixel thinger I made.

This is getting stupid I hate my officialy country its a nation of cowards.

In Australia there is a new law allowing the police to hold you for 14days at their will without charging you with anything.

Theirs also a shoot to kill act coming out soon wich will allow the police to shoot suspected terrorists who run from them. (who dosent run from the police?)

now there is talk of phone tapps (the police already have our sms) and even voIP calls being tapped. What ever happened to privacy I dont care about terrorism Its not apart of my life.

Why are people supporting terrorists? After the london bombing I hear that many americans canceled flights to england. WHY? support terrorists by doing exactly what they want?

I say to the world STOP HIDING UNDER YOUR BEDS!

and can the stupid terror laws there cabbage and are assisting the terrorists to disrupt our way of life

Agreed 100%.

Who would attack Australia, the population isn't even 25 million?

Australia has been attacked twice since 9/11.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Wow where to start... :/

- Who doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t run from the police? Is that honestly a question? If your not doing drugs or something illegal don't run from the cops, you've been watching to many action movies :roll:, cops aren't bad guys, they exist to protect you. If they yell stop, stop and if need be pay the 20 dollar fine or whatever, you have no idea how hard their job is without everyone simply running away. Then realize that even if that law stops a single terrorist on the run 20 years from now the law will have saved many lives.

- Phone taps?. What ever happened to privacy!? I will never understand this fear of having your phone tapped. What do you people fear? Are you scared that soon you won't be able to talk about drugs with your buddies? Are you worried that the CIA will listen in to you telling you friend about what you did to your girlfriend last night? First off if they find out how would that affect you in any way, especially if you didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know about it? Secondly do you honestly think the government has the resources to tap random people?!?! LOL! The CIA has a backlog of months worth of audio tapes from wire taps of suspected terrorists in the Middle East, I doubt they will spend their valuable time listening to 14 year old Sussy tell her bbf that she has a crush on John :roll:. Terrorists laugh at our system, they know that they can talk about who they are going to kill over public phones and they do it everyday knowing that cops need a warrant to listen in. I have nothing to hide if my phones are tapped, and I know that the cops wouldn't even think about wasting their time on my house.

- I dont care about terrorism Its not apart of my life. Thats what 2,752 people thought on September 10th, 2001

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

- Who doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t run from the police? Is that honestly a question? If your not doing drugs or something illegal don't run from the cops, you've been watching to many action movies :roll:, cops aren't bad guys, they exist to protect you. If they yell stop, stop and if need be pay the 20 dollar fine or whatever, you have no idea how hard their job is without everyone simply running away. Then realize that even if that law stops a single terrorist on the run 20 years from now the law will have saved many lives.

- Phone taps?. What ever happened to privacy!? I will never understand this fear of having your phone tapped. What do you people fear? Are you scared that soon you won't be able to talk about drugs with your buddies? Are you worried that the CIA will listen in to you telling you friend about what you did to your girlfriend last night? First off if they find out how would that affect you in any way, especially if you didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know about it? Secondly do you honestly think the government has the resources to tap random people?!?! LOL! The CIA has a backlog of months worth of audio tapes from wire taps of suspected terrorists in the Middle East, I doubt they will spend their valuable time listening to 14 year old Sussy tell her bbf that she has a crush on John :roll:. Terrorists laugh at our system, they know that they can talk about who they are going to kill over public phones and they do it everyday knowing that cops need a warrant to listen in. I have nothing to hide if my phones are tapped, and I know that the cops wouldn't even think about wasting their time on my house.

- I dont care about terrorism Its not apart of my life. Thats what 2,752 people thought on September 10th, 2001

Exactly.

Well said.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Exactly.

Well said.

I second that

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I dont care about terrorism Its not apart of my life. Thats what 2,752 people thought on September 10th, 2001

You make it sound like there were 2 752 people as ignorant and nonchalant as he. You're not making a point, you're undermining people's intelligence and selflessness.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

I dont care about terrorism Its not apart of my life. Thats what 2,752 people thought on September 10th, 2001

You make it sound like there were 2 752 people as ignorant and nonchalant as he. You're not making a point, you're undermining people's intelligence and selflessness.

in interperet that as he thinks that all americans dont give a * about anyone else...

nuff said..

to be honest.. yeah some of us dont.. that doesnt mean there are not people in american who care. if it wasnt for America there would be wars still going on (major ones) a.k.a World Wars.

I beleive the entire U.N council is anti-terrorist and are out to stop them. just some of them do not support taking "lethal action" a.k.a - war

This is getting stupid I hate my officialy country its a nation of cowards

YOU ARE UNAUSTRALIAN!!!

How dare you call Australia a nation of cowards!!! Did you think about the men who are in the army for Australia? Do you dare call them cowards? The men that protect out shores? You are an idiot!!!

That's the kind of reasoning that has been quite prevalent here in North America since September 11th.

Once we got that "you're with us or against us" spiel people started following whatever others said because they feared their beliefs would be labelled "un-American". :?

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

it dosnt seem like this is up for discussion? so why is it in a forum?

its off topic...duh! :lol:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

No I was simply making a point that its human nature to not care about something unless its part of your life. However once it is part of your life... its too late. I can imagine WW2 is your mindset was chared by the Allies.

Poland: "France, Britain, help! I'm being invaded!"

France: "Soo... what? I not being invaded. Thats not a part of my life"

Unfortunaltly to some extent that belief was common in the US back then and apparently its still common around the world in present day.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Terrorist kinda affect us all cause what about 9/11, i didnt see that coming.

Im sick of the whole 9/11 thing.

"The day the world changed"

No the world hasnt changed because of just ONE incident!

I blame bush for kicking up so much fuss if bush gets assasinated I will set up a website proclaiming victory to his assasin.

One incident that killed thousands of people...

Basically you want terrorists to blow up everything, but we don't care because we're too "cool" to care.

i wonder what everyone has against this bush president guy, he did not kill countless people did he? wonder if he also did anything good, o well im not american or whatever country he's in, im just dutch(also named netherlands), and proud of it!, glad here we have nothing much to care about terrorists and so forth.

Known in-game as Mister evil9(lvl 93)(P2P).

Modding gta2(making maps, scripts,editing it).

On world 54 mostly.

Made a nice GTA2 site!

A little in-active...

god just let this topic die :roll:

oh go cry just because you dont like it..

- Who doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t run from the police? Is that honestly a question? If your not doing drugs or something illegal don't run from the cops,

So you can honestly tell me if someone shouts and runs at you you will stop?!?!

sorry to say but you probably wont live to long if you walk around expecting every stranger on the street to be a cop. alot of people whith this attitude endup dead in the gutter.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

So you can honestly tell me if someone shouts and runs at you you will stop?!?!

sorry to say but you probably wont live to long if you walk around expecting every stranger on the street to be a cop. alot of people whith this attitude endup dead in the gutter.

If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re running away from something, you must have spotted it in the first place in order to identify it as a threat. If they are wearing a police uniform, chance is the person is a policeman.

You even said it in your own words "Runs and shouts at you." Firstly you can see them running at you and if they are wearing a uniform (after all they are the police). Secondly they are shouting at you, they are shouting things like stop itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the police or I'll shoot at the very least this should get you to turn around.

The only situation where you might run away without spotting the person is if someone starts screaming for no reason. Do you honestly run way away from someone screaming without looking at them or listening to what they are saying; are you that jumpy? I guess 99% of the world's population would end up dead in the gutter according to you.

I can honestly tell you if a policeman shouts and runs at me I will not try to run away from me, if they are running after me chances are they are not going to stop if I start running; I don't know why you can't do the same.

Let police do what they gotta do.There trying to save lives.Also,you shouldnt be running from police in the first place.Maybe this incentive,will make people think twice before running/fleeing from the police,putting other people in harms way.