26-Nov-09 Thanksgiving & Community Event (UNTIL DEC 7TH)

Toad

I just created an account here, so I could participate.

"It should lead you to a place where you can find the items that you'll need."

This is my idea:

active game player rescues our cliff imp

What if "active game" tells us we have to go to a location where there are active games.

I can think of three places. Fist of Guthix, Duel Arena, and Clan Wars.

I don't know what "player rescues" would be. There's infirmaries sorta near Clan Wars and one in Duel Arena.

As for "our cliff imp". I don't even know where a cliff is on f2p Runescape, except maybe the Ice Mountain.

I tried the Wise Man, Gypsie, and that one Librarian in Varrock (I forgot his name). No luck.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone thought about Prince Ali's rescue?

Let's see here, "Active game player rescues our cliff imp." If you look up the word imp in the dictionary, it can mean more than just a demon. It can mean a mischievous child, or an offspring. This could mean that the imp we're talking about is Prince Ali. After all, we did rescue him from trouble. :)

Now I'm not so sure about the cliff part, but this is what I've gotten out of it so far. Perhaps we have to speak to Ali, or find something like a book around Ali. Maybe even the jail where we rescued him from.

imp,cliff....as far as i know,karamja has imps on a cliff,anyone think of that?

IDK, not really a cliff, it's more of an incline, cliffs usually just cut down

Has anyone thought about Prince Ali's rescue?

Let's see here, "Active game player rescues our cliff imp." If you look up the word imp in the dictionary, it can mean more than just a demon. It can mean a mischievous child, or an offspring. This could mean that the imp we're talking about is Prince Ali. After all, we did rescue him from trouble. :)

Now I'm not so sure about the cliff part, but this is what I've gotten out of it so far. Perhaps we have to speak to Ali, or find something like a book around Ali. Maybe even the jail where we rescued him from.

could be!

I did notice his use of the word our

f07t4.gif

2ciad91.png

Sir Tiffy says in the forum post " but I remembered my lessons in deciphering secret messages and eventually I cracked it! "...And Faruq says how "it's a bit muddled...but I know a place you can read up on this kind of thing". Maybe that place is where tiffy learnt his stuff.

Maybe a white knights link?

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Quote from '2 2 5' on RuneScape forums. He knows the item(s) but he can't give it out, so he made another riddle which may be easier to use.

Here's a hint for 2days clue, that I hope i am allowed to say, that will help you out...but not give it away.

using what you obtain from the 2nd part (what follows)

apply that to the 'simplest components' of the 1st to get the message.

if at first you do not succeed, try starting from a different 'simple component'.

Now while that makes sense to me, solved it :D, I hope the hint will help others....yet not completely spoil anything.

if this has to be hidden, I understand...my intents were not to give anything away.

MoM has a crystal boll you can look into, maybe the museum in Vrock as well?

I checked and none of the 4 floors has anything.

This is my idea:

What if "active game" tells us we have to go to a location where there are active games.

I don't know what "player rescues" would be. There's infirmaries sorta near Clan Wars and one in Duel Arena.

As for "our cliff imp". I don't even know where a cliff is on f2p Runescape, except maybe the Ice Mountain.

I tried the Wise Man, Gypsie, and that one Librarian in Varrock (I forgot his name). No luck.

Fist of Guthix and Clan Wars are members-only. this is a f2p event

I'm intrigued as to the method of solution to the last item clue. Its the only one I dont know how you get the answer

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is my idea:

Fist of Guthix and Clan Wars are members-only. this is a f2p event

They are actually both F2P.

I'm stuck on this last one >_<

[hide=Clue Fest Day 4 Items!]

Part one of the 4th clue, hints given via the forums linked from the main page.

3 Small fishing nets, 10 air runes & 7 cabbages.

Second part of the 4th days clue, which was hinted by Faruq. And the actual hints were found on the "Creative Gamplay" forum rules.

234 Coins, 8 Chisels and 3 Eggs

End reward being the Magnifying Glass!

[/hide]

Was a very fun and enjoyable few days, great experience and I do hope Jagex do more of these. Really does bring the community together just that little bit more.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'm intrigued as to the method of solution to the last item clue. Its the only one I dont know how you get the answer

It's an anagram of:

[hide]Creative Gameplay: Forum Specific Rules

Which is where the answers to the riddle are found.[/hide]

I'm not sure if anyone actually solved this or found out by chance.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

So, we all now the answer by now but can anyone tell me how the found the puzzles on the forum?

"active player secure our cliff imp".

active player = creative play

Secure our cliff imp = forum specific rules

I figured it out after someone here said you could spell "forum" with english, german and french hints.

I had to go to RSOF to figure out that it was actually pointing at the forums.

After that, I had to go to RSOF because the hint pointed in that direction after I spent 20 minutes unscrambling that mess due to these forums being down and my refusal to refer to any other sources.

While it was a clever place to hide it, the execution was a bit mishandled.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the silly attack animation on this magnifying glass. I figure Sherlock Holmes would have solved things faster this way.

8f14270694.jpg

All the people, items and the reward for anyone just now doing it:

Day 1: Lachtopher in Lumbridge: 3 ropes, 2 buckets, and 5 bananas

Day 2: Bartender at Jolly Boar Inn: 2 buckets of milk, 227 gold pieces, 4 hammers, and 7 fishing bait

Day 3: Herquin in Falador: 6 red spider's eggs, 200 gold pieces, and 3 jugs of water

Day 4 Part 1: Faruq in Al Kharid: 10 air runes, 7 cabbages, and 3 small fishing nets

Day 4 Part 2: Roddeck in Lumbridge: 8 chisels, 3 eggs, and 234 gold pieces

Reward: Magnifying Glass

I dont get it. Where is the Lumbridge Sage's house? I want to start looking for clues but talking to him at the lumby respawn does not seem to do anything?

The Sage isn't the start point that's an introduction post, you start by talking to Lactopher with the required items :)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I dont get it. Where is the Lumbridge Sage's house? I want to start looking for clues but talking to him at the lumby respawn does not seem to do anything?

The Sage isn't the start point that's an introduction post, you start by talking to Lactopher with the required items :)

Any idea the area I can find Lactopher? Thanks