26-Nov-09 Thanksgiving & Community Event (UNTIL DEC 7TH)

Toad

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answers and explanation for clue 4.

[hide=Answers]

3 Small Nets

10 Air Runes

7 Cabbages[/hide]

[hide=Explanation]

You're taking 8 off every number, so 11 - 8 = 3

Which means you pick every third letter in his worded clue which leaves you with those items :)[/hide]

Clue 5

[hide=Clue 5]

The Leader is:

South of a Furnace, east of a store, north of a Bard and west of a river.

Clue for the items is:

Active game player rescues our cliff imp.[/hide]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Candidates,

You’re nearly there! You have the details of the final contact you’ll need to speak to. All you need are the code items to give him the go-ahead to share his knowledge with you. Get your cryptic-crunching craniums around this clue and you’ll be all set.

For your next brain-training endeavour, we asked our good friend Sir Tiffy Cashien to come up with a complex conundrum for you to contemplate.

“On one of my many journeys about Gielinor, I encountered the strange beast known as the Chaos Elemental. When I came across this swirling vortex of randomness it was holding a rather mundane looking chest.

“What items do you have in that chest?” I asked it.

The creature responded: “Its no Mirasol all Gentle cats can tilt red Romulans rear crease bulbs salt gate

Thoroughly confused, I told him I didn’t understand. Again, the bizarre monster responded: “43 – 35 – 27 – 19 – 11… Use what follows to skip over the answer.

Confused? By Jove, that’s an understatement! I was dumbstruck for a while, but I remembered my lessons in deciphering secret messages and eventually I cracked it! An odd assortment of items, but then the Chaos Elemental is a strange being!

Anyway, you’ll need three of the first item, ten of the second and the number you get if you take the first from the second for the third. Haha!”

If you can solve Sir Tiffy’s little puzzle then you should know what items you will need for this part of your test! Take them to our contact for your final set of clues.

Good luck, as ever.

Best of luck everyone!

Should we include spaces?

Oh, this has been answered already. No.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

[hide=Last Two Clues spoilers]Our leader is south of a furnace and east of a store,

Seek him out and you'll search no more,

He's north of a bard and west of a river,

Find him now for he calls you hither

As for what you'll need, it's a bit muddled, but I know a place you can read up on this kind of thing. As I gaze into my crystal ball I spy...

Something about 'Active game player rescues our cliff imp'?[/hide]

[hide=PERSON TO TALK TO]Roddeck the Advisor in Lumby[/hide]

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

After talking to the guyw ith those items i'm hella confused. :S

contact is in lumby, house with the dungeon icon

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

[hide]there is a river, a furnace, a bard, and a store arrayed in approximately that formation in lumbridge... which would make roddeck our man. just leaves the items.[/hide]

edit - this event is f2p right?

same, I've got the person, but the items are at a lost for me

by the way the 4th contact puts it, I'm thinking it's for a location, to get/learn about the items

f07t4.gif

2ciad91.png

Faraq said it's the location of the items, where we can find them, so i think the clue is not about the actual items themself, but about the location of the item(s), i'm trying gipsy in varrock right now

EDIT: gipsy didn't had a different chat option, there is a crystalball in her tent though, which has the following examine text: "the gypsy's crystal ball rests on this table"

by the way the 4th contact puts it, I'm thinking it's for a location, to get/learn about the items

Ye thats what I was thinking.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Guys, please put your answers in spoiler tags, including the location of the last contact. As for the final clue:

[hide]I think it's an anagram.[/hide]

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

I don't think it has to do with a crystal ball, he just said that to give the clue

f07t4.gif

2ciad91.png

Guys, please put your answers in spoiler tags, including the location of the last contact. As for the final clue:

[hide]I think it's an anagram.[/hide]

Not sure I disagree! ;-) I'm also working on the line that we need to talk to someone to find out what they are first. All the other clues were very very easy, this one seems hard, so I might be over thinking it.

Added in Edit:

[hide]possibly the "active game player rescues our cliff imp" clue refers to the burthorpe games room. Plenty of cliff like stuff and games. Not many imps that I can think of....![/hide]

Louis_Redux.png

All skills 70+ again 16/06/2010

ac gae yer cue r ciff mp | all previous items

It cannot be all previous items as we have had two different sums of gp and the rest of the anagram needs to make sense also thats mostly gibberish.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

It cannot be all previous items as we have had two different sums of gp and the rest of the anagram needs to make sense also thats mostly gibberish.

And theres more than 28 items

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And theres more than 28 items

I know I thought it was a bit coincidental, that's all. :D

German hint:

Südlich eines Hochofens und östlich eines Laden endet deine Suche

Nördlich eines Barden und westlich vom Fluss

and the last hint is strange:

Spiel gefroren Murmelufo?

Care to translate?