'THE' Turns 10 on December 16th

Adr1an

In 2 weeks time we will be turning 10 years of age. In case anyone is wondering how a clan can be older than the game they play, 'THE' was formed in a pre-Runescape game called Cyber Wars. We have been around for quite some time and although my time in 'THE' has been no where near 10 years it has been a great experience.

We have planned assorted events for the entire week in which the details can be found here on our forums: http://forums.theclanrs.com/index.php?showforum=240

A few of our members have been working on making an "All THE & TF ever list" and it has been a real huge project. It now boasts over 1200 members and there are many many that have still not been added. The thread to be added to that list can also be currently found in that thread as well. I am still sometimes amazed at how many people in the clan world have been touched by 'THE' and/or TF at sometime in their life.

THE clan is also on a mission to try to get some sort of orange team cape in which a topic was made earlier but was closed sadly: QFC 82-83-813-59604504

In a time of closure for many clans it seems that some of the truly oldest clans have continued to thrive and I was wondering what some may think of this? I am sure there will be those that say these older clans are dead and that is to be expected. Some of us are not where we have been in the past but we still war, pk, host events, and as far as I am aware show no signs of stopping. Personally 'THE' has been pulling as low as 60% to as high as 80% ml pulls to prepped fights recently Many of these clans have gone through many ups and downs and changes in leadership have occurred yet they still are around and many of them are consistently active at least in the top 25.

Is it the ideals of these clans that keep them from going against the test of time?

Thoughts?

P.S. Thank you to any clan or member that shows up to our birthday we are hoping that this is the biggest birthday for us since the beginning. That can only happen with the participation of the clan world.

flamesig.jpg

2 days before ma birthday :S

on why so many clans been closing and what keeps "the" alive I would say is the impressive loyalty of the core members that been init forever and still active

gene.png

gene2.png

gene3.png

person who won the most awards: Generaldesor

RETIRED

Congrats on your tenth birthday guys!

I do think that the history you guys have gives more motivation to stay alive - and old school members continue to help the clan, without the "want everything now" attitude that some clanners have. Also explains why clans like BK are still going relatively strong.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Congrats on year 10. Clans survive because of their members, without the dedication of the people who have been around (in some cases) since the beginning and the new faces that will become the old faces a clan will die. The leadership lays the foundation, but the members build the clan.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Impressive accomplishment to you guys. Starting out in the clan world I always looked forward to a day when I would join. Unfortunately, my plans changed, but still quite a remarkable history you have, and hopefully you are able to celebrate years of even more impressive stories and adventures.

j0xPu5R.png