ranarr

mikeb241

Chaos Druids and Aberrant Spectres I suppose, but all monsters that drop herbs give the same proportions of Guam:Marrentil:Ranarr etc. Just kill monsters that drop herbs a lot.

how about banchees? they seem to drop alot of herbs. thanks for the info

Chaos Druids and Aberrant Spectres I suppose, but all monsters that drop herbs give the same proportions of Guam:Marrentil:Ranarr etc. Just kill monsters that drop herbs a lot.

I don't agree. There is a such thing as "drops rare herbs more commonly" or "drops common herbs more commonly" (compared to other monsters, ofc).

Anyway, I'd stick to Ab Specs and Banshees. Anything else probably isn't worth your time. You can cannon both of them in the Polly Well slayer dungeon.

I don't agree. There is a such thing as "drops rare herbs more commonly" or "drops common herbs more commonly" (compared to other monsters, ofc).

Anyway, I'd stick to Ab Specs and Banshees. Anything else probably isn't worth your time. You can cannon both of them in the Polly Well slayer dungeon.

thanks for the info

Aberrant Spectres drop them most often.

Aberrant Spectres drop herbs more often than Chaos Druids, but they also take significantly longer to kill and require more expensive supplies such as prayer potions. They're better for profit, but that's if you make short trips with optimal gear and levels. Less-advanced players will probably do better at Chaos Druids.

Which monsters do this? I can only think of fever spiders.

Suqahs are the only other ones I can think of.

That's where only one or two kinds of herbs are dropped by a monster, Zaaps is talking about monsters that drop rare herbs MORE OFTEN than other monsters (Though I can't think there's any hard data to prove that).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

At the end of the day getting a ranarr as a drop is just random. The only true way of getting them is.. FARMING +)

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Interestingly I did some testing not so long ago on which monster is the best herb dropper.

And they all are quite similar to be honest:

Chaos druid warriors: not good at all. Half the profit of the other choices.

Choas druids: ok choice. There is a non-crowded option.

Aberrant specters: excellent high level herb droppers. Bit slow, even for me.

Cave crawlers: One of my new favourites. Very very easy access. You use the slayer ring teleport to relleka slayer cave: you enter the cave. You are there. You get a full inventory, you teleport to castlewars with dueling ring. It is as if the cave is next to the bank. Do not forget to take some super antipoison though!!!!

Chaos druids, aberrant specters and cave crawlers all had similar profit per hour figures. There is a bit of luck involved which can pump the aberrant specters to the top (high level seeds, lvl3 clue scrolls, lavabattlestaffs (10k drop), and black mystic). Specters aren't crowded in Summona which is also a big plus. Easy access with slayer ring.

But in all I preferred cave crawlers because they are more relaxing. Although be careful going to the toilet because their poison hits hard.

And it seems the drops are better with a macaw following you around. Conveniently there is a summoning renewal point at the cave crawlers.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Chaos druids are still the king of herbs. The other options mentioned are also good -- spectres are very close -- but regular old chaos druids are the fastest if you do them right.

Always use a macaw with herb droppers. Period.

Most monsters that drop the standard 11 herbs drop them in the same percentages. There are a handful of monsters that drop only one type of herb (like fever spiders) or that have a strong drop bias (cave bugs).

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

i always found the fastest and easiest way to get herbs was level 2 men in edgeville. I used to camp there for level one clue scrolls when i was a lower level. They're pretty much one hit kills and are common herb droppers, although they drop nothing else of any value.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Suqahs are the only other ones I can think of.

That's where only one or two kinds of herbs are dropped by a monster, Zaaps is talking about monsters that drop rare herbs MORE OFTEN than other monsters (Though I can't think there's any hard data to prove that).

Technically, getting nothing but kwuarm (in the case of fever spiders) or only guam and marrentill (in the case of suqahs) is certainly a case of getting certain herbs more often than others.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

banshees with a macaw and you'll be getting ranarrs like crazy

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• 1 month later...

Try cockroach drones, you can attack many to make them aggressive and just wait until that bunch is dead, I got three or four ranarr in one inventory-full from them. Use a canon and you've got "free" range exp + runes, herbs and limpwurts.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I also do banshees, since these also drop nice amounts of p ess, which sells fast too and only takes one spot :)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)