What do we want  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to play on Earth

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Alernative History?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you happy with Archimage A to run this game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if he doesn't participate
    • There doesn't need to be a 'runner'

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh...Retech, its a download and came out before Direct X....

Perhaps the download is corrupted? Lots of times for some random reason, a file in the download just fails to enter your computer, and the game won't run because it's missing something.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I went to do it again if friggen crashed my computer, 3 damn times :@

This game actually hates me, I think it thinks I killed its family.

I'll reinstall.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Awww

Well I am on Vista and it seems to work fine...None of the compatibilty settings changed from normal....

Can you just opne Dosbox and send me a screenshot of that.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Redownloaded worked

Thanks for the help, I'm crap with codes, must learn >: (

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Redownloaded worked

Thanks for the help, I'm crap with codes, must learn >: (

That's what Best Buy people are for. :P

Learning codes is like learning another language. Lots of work.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Oh dammit problem number 2 (seriously I'm on a fail streak)

When I install, what directory should I write, it seems every single one is invalid

Sorry Archi for the trouble

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Installing, I hope I handle it from here, thanks a lot for the help :D

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Just tell me when you get the game working.

By the way, press F12 to make the game go faster(you will probably want to press it about 10 times to get it to the proper speed, otherwise the music will judder alot.

Working, sounds working too, and I shalt learn this game and hopefully learn how to play aeroika :D

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Hehe, its a good starting point but its not the whole game.

Anyway I am going to bed, good luck(And don't declare independance right away, you will get slaughtered!)

Smirk, I have the new version of Colonization. I'm a huge fan of the CIV games. Looking forward to CIV5!

Anyway, I have to be honest, I have no clue what happens in Dungeoneering. I've tried to follow it a few times but as far as I can tell it's just a load of people proxying other people.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Smirk, I have the new version of Colonization. I'm a huge fan of the CIV games. Looking forward to CIV5!

Anyway, I have to be honest, I have no clue what happens in Dungeoneering. I've tried to follow it a few times but as far as I can tell it's just a load of people proxying other people.

Basically you have a character which you control, and you go on adventures. That's basically it. You should join, if you have the time. It's really time-consuming.

I was really let down by the new version of Col, it just seemed to get very tired because you would trade with the natives, then they would run out of money and you might as well get rid of them...or they would just give up and join your empire.

I am looking forward to Civ-V though, its where I got the idea of using a hexfield rather than a grid....

Anyway, its like Dungeoneering in that there are random events(Which you can chose to respond to, or ignore) and the game has alot of leveling up involved(as opposed to merely discovering something)

I just had a few ideas which may or may not be compatible with your system, since obviously we don't exactly know your system.

First Idea: On the Hex grid, there would be coordinates which you could use to locate things, so for simple moves that make editing the map a pain, someone could say "Swordsmen to (5,7)" and people would know what you meant.

Second Idea: This is a continuation on Rocco's idea, which was basically that civilizations got bonuses and disadvantages. I was sorta thinking of EU3 when making these examples, but the point is the main idea. For example:

[hide=Second Idea]

Civilization: Persians

Kingdom: N/A (If you had a dynasty when the game started, which could be determined based on when we were starting)

Culture Group/Technology Group: Muslim

Specialties: Can chance tech groups at lower cost

Unique Unit: Immortal Calvery

+25% Birth Rate

+10% Death Rate

-50% penalty for building nomadic villages (villages far away from "capital")

Starts at City Level 0 (when building a city)

Civilization: Japanese

Kingdom: -

Culture Group/Tech Group: Eastern

Specialties: +1 culture point

Unique Unit: Samurai

-25% Birth Rate

-10% Death Rate

+10% Castle Construction

Starts at City Level 1 (when building a city)

Civilization: Norman English

Culture Group/Tech Group: Northern European

Specialties: Strong Central Government

Unique Unit: Yeomen

+25% Taxation

+10% Archery Levies

+25% War Instability

Starts at City Level 1

Civilization: Genoans/Milanese/Venetians

Culture Group/Tech Group: Southern European

Specialties: More Profitable Trade (Easier time setting up trade routes)

Unique Unit: Crossbowmen

+10% Research time

+5% Immigration

+5% Birth Rate

+5% Death Rate

+25% Corruption (for cities farther away from the capital)

Starts at City Level 2, but needs to research government in order to create more cities.

[/hide]

---

That was just an idea, and I really have no clue of the system that you're using, but if all of this were balanced before the game started, then it would add to the gameplay, since all cultures would have distinct advantages and disadvantages which could be exploited. The way I was thinking of it was that European would have a stronger technology tree, but the other cultures would have other advantages, and they could catch up to the Europeans by becoming allies with Europeans and asking for their help, which would enable the other cultures to research the tech as well (note that tech trading should be illegal). Maybe after a civilization researches enough techs of another culture, it could pay a high cost to switch trees.

Well I vote we don't have it like that, I vote we have it so we pick a plot of land, by random, he just shows the map and we say we start there, then we the advantages and disadvantages without actually knowing before hand. Luck of the draw really, so everyone doesn't just pile the good places

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Aerokia would be, but if we are doing on of the other games...which seems increasingly likely, since I doubt Mather or Retech would let it being 1900 get in the way of building massive monstrocities which take an hour of my time to refute.

Aerokia would be, but if we are doing on of the other games...which seems increasingly likely, since I doubt Mather or Retech would let it being 1900 get in the way of building massive monstrocities which take an hour of my time to refute.

Well if you had a system based on game mechanics, then it would be unrefutable. It's when people start making and inventing larger and more powerful machines which sometimes turn into problem, especially when the whole thing is unrealistic in the first place, which is okay, but it doesn't really let you refute anything.

Nah, because the real world is usually capable of making those things impossible...because otherwise they would have been done(probably).

That doesn't stop Mather trying to pass Underwater Cities off as costing 50 million each, or from reversing global warming for less than 5 Billion...And without going into it in detail, which tradtionally takes an hour, I can't easily refute it.

Well if you had a system based on game mechanics, then it would be unrefutable

Hardly. A system based on game mechanics means that someone who breeds an army and does nothing creative is 100% more likely to win than anyone else. You might as well remove the player element and just write a program...Would be a simple

Define: Hegemony

a1=A*a/4

b1=B*b/4

Does a1<b1+(0.5*a1)

Does b1<a1+(0.5*b1)

ID NO then:

A=a1*a/4

B=b1*b/4

Does A<B+(0.5*A )

Does B<A+(0.5*B )

IF NO THEN:

RUN Hegemony

does anybody wanna look at my idea, or does everyone want this? :unsure:

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]