whats a good skill to get 99?

skaterrjamez

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slayer.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Mining, woodcutting, fishing, any combat stat besides maybe magic. Slayer, runecrafting, pretty much every skill except construction can profit on the way to 99 if done correctly.

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Runecrafting is a huge money maker, however it requires a huge amount of patience

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

I hate these topics. We get so many here on tif. Why? Either think of a skill that you enjoy, or look at all 24 skills yourself. Don't ask us what skill to get to 99. I don't like it when people get a 99 for the cape, and I'm sure most people disapprove of it too. Whenever I see someone with an untrimmed cooking or fletching cape, I want to kill myself. It's like they wasted three weeks of their life getting a meaningless cape in a skill they most likely don't enjoy. I'd rather see someone wearing no cape than wearing one of those meaningless capes. But maybe you do enjoy one of those skills, I think that's fine, but most people do not. And when people post, "no matter how long it takes what every1 prefered skill to make 99 and make money from it?" it pisses me off. Not only can you not put enough effort into your post that you can't capitalize the first effort, but you're asking us to do something for you. Something that doesn't even matter. Don't get a 99 for the sake of getting a 99. Get it because you enjoy the skill. I'm getting 99 mining not because of the respect, but because it's my favorite skill and holds a whole bunch of sentimental value. If I didn't enjoy mining so much, I sure as hell wouldn't be getting 99 fletching, or posting on help and advice asking which 99 to get. Chances are, if you're asking on here for a goal, you won't even be able to complete it. While I am totally basing my history off of every one of the past 1,000 topics on this, I think I'm right. If you choose to get 99 runecrafting because it makes good money, you had better think again. Your highest skill is 83 woodcutting. You probably enjoy that. If you don't stop training it. If you do, hen go ahead, strive for 99. But please don't post asking which 99 to get in order to make paltry money.

Don't start thinking about getting a 99 until that skill naturally comes into the 90-92 range. If you haven't gotten it there naturally there's a 90% chance you won't get it to 99 from 60-80...or whenever else you start. Waiting for it to naturally come into the 90's will insure you actually enjoy that skill, then you can go ahead and finish it off for the cape. Just please don't settle for cooking or fletching, people look like total morons when they wear those.

clansig7.gif

99 Runecrafting = 500 Mil profit, but it takes ages.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

99 Runecrafting by far makes the best profit (non-combat).

Oh, and all 99's rock. Don't listen to hedgehog1 or txlnghorns22. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Like someone else have said, don't go for a 99 unless you got like 90 naturally and feel like ready to go for the last stretch.

But if you still persist, I think lvling slayer is enjoyable, allthough I'm not sure if I will ever get 99. Another good and enjoyable moneymaking way is magic at DKS, barrows, or some bolt enchanting in between if prices are right. There's also glass making. So yeah, magic has a lot to offer, and you are stupid if you think it's just about alching. Lastly, there are the melee stats and ranging, which have a lot of opportunities to make you money.

Of course there are also the obvious runecrafting, mining, woodcutting, and fishing, but I think those skills are pretty boring once you are over 85 and you will pretty much do the same thing for 85-99 whereas the thing I mentioned have a variation of ways to lvl it.

Maybe on last skill, it doesnt make money though, is herblore. From 87-99 I will make 3.7k overloads. This will give me a lifetime supply of combat boosting pots and also a very fast and relatively cheap way to get 99 herblore. This is IMO much more important/satisfying/useful than getting 99 in a useless and relatively slow skill (let's say for instance fletching, making yew bows at 100k xp an hour).

I hate these topics. We get so many here on tif. Why? Either think of a skill that you enjoy, or look at all 24 skills yourself. Don't ask us what skill to get to 99. I don't like it when people get a 99 for the cape, and I'm sure most people disapprove of it too. Whenever I see someone with an untrimmed cooking or fletching cape, I want to kill myself. It's like they wasted three weeks of their life getting a meaningless cape in a skill they most likely don't enjoy. I'd rather see someone wearing no cape than wearing one of those meaningless capes. But maybe you do enjoy one of those skills, I think that's fine, but most people do not. And when people post, "no matter how long it takes what every1 prefered skill to make 99 and make money from it?" it pisses me off. Not only can you not put enough effort into your post that you can't capitalize the first effort, but you're asking us to do something for you. Something that doesn't even matter. Don't get a 99 for the sake of getting a 99. Get it because you enjoy the skill. I'm getting 99 mining not because of the respect, but because it's my favorite skill and holds a whole bunch of sentimental value. If I didn't enjoy mining so much, I sure as hell wouldn't be getting 99 fletching, or posting on help and advice asking which 99 to get. Chances are, if you're asking on here for a goal, you won't even be able to complete it. While I am totally basing my history off of every one of the past 1,000 topics on this, I think I'm right. If you choose to get 99 runecrafting because it makes good money, you had better think again. Your highest skill is 83 woodcutting. You probably enjoy that. If you don't stop training it. If you do, hen go ahead, strive for 99. But please don't post asking which 99 to get in order to make paltry money.

I got the cooking cape, but it took me 5 months because I didn't play a whole lot. I got it because I enjoyed the skill and it gave me something to do to take my mind of real life. Don't judge me because of my cape of choice. And these posts are just as annoying as the "which 99 for money" threads. All it is is people complaining about being tired of seeing it. If you don't want to see it, get off the boards and stop your complaining already!

Don't start thinking about getting a 99 until that skill naturally comes into the 90-92 range. If you haven't gotten it there naturally there's a 90% chance you won't get it to 99 from 60-80...or whenever else you start. Waiting for it to naturally come into the 90's will insure you actually enjoy that skill, then you can go ahead and finish it off for the cape. Just please don't settle for cooking or fletching, people look like total morons when they wear those.

Again, don't judge me because I like Cooking and wear the cape. That's total ignorance.

OT: I'd go through and do like an hour of each skill and just see which one you enjoyed the most, then keep going with that one. Most skills will earn you money throughout your trek, but some more than other. If you can handle the monotony of Runecrafting, go for that one.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I got the cooking cape, but it took me 5 months because I didn't play a whole lot. I got it because I enjoyed the skill and it gave me something to do to take my mind of real life. Don't judge me because of my cape of choice. And these posts are just as annoying as the "which 99 for money" threads. All it is is people complaining about being tired of seeing it. If you don't want to see it, get off the boards and stop your complaining already!

Again, don't judge me because I like Cooking and wear the cape. That's total ignorance.

OT: I'd go through and do like an hour of each skill and just see which one you enjoyed the most, then keep going with that one. Most skills will earn you money throughout your trek, but some more than other. If you can handle the monotony of Runecrafting, go for that one.

Keep pretending you got 99 cooking because you enjoy the skill, gets me every time. I'd be willing to bet quite a bit it didn't turn into your favorite until skill capes were introduced.

clansig7.gif

Keep pretending you got 99 cooking because you enjoy the skill, gets me every time. I'd be willing to bet quite a bit it didn't turn into your favorite until skill capes were introduced.

He only started playing on his current account 2 months before skillcapes were released (According to his blog, I don't stalk people... :-# ), so it's not like he had a very long time to get an opinion on high level training before that update turned the entire economy upside down.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Personally i would say if time was no factor at all Runecrafting, its great money per hour but very low xp....

If time was a factor i would go fishing... still low on the xp scale but not very low and it is quite decent money.

I would fish if you have a lot of homework to get through, or tons of movies/tv shows you want to watch.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Who's pretending? Who else would spend 5 months just cooking and talking online? Most people can't stand to cook a single thing after getting 99, I can still go down and cook a few k fish that I have lying around my bank without a problem. I started in September of 2006 on this account. I've been playing for longer than that and cooking's ALWAYS been my highest skill. Why? Because I enjoy it if I have nothing else to do. You can go be ignorant all you want.

OT: To whomever said fishing: I have a friend who got 99 fishing and got a bgs with the money he made, so that's a viable option.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~