100m Cash - Merchanting

Anon523

Hi.

I've currently got just over 100m cash but I've never merchanted on the new G.E system before and I really have no clue what to do. Obviously I'm not asking for what to buy since no one is going to give out the name of the items they merchant but just some basic tips will be good to get me started on merchanting.

Thanks.

Save it.. You don't need to merchant and typically it is not such a good idea to go with what is "rising and crashing". If you don't know what to buy it means you don't need to buy anything.. So just keep playing the game and your money will come and go.. Trust me on this one :thumbsup:

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

But you could also lose phenomenally.

It is kinda like gambling in a sense.. If it wasn't a gamble it wouldn't be called gambling. The house, always wins unfortunately or at least 90% of the time.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

You'll also be shunned for all eternity depending on your "merchanting" method. you've got 100m, invest it in a skill or something. get all skills to 70+ or something. Runescape isn't fun when you sit there collecting pixel cash all day.

Popoto.~<3

since previous posts did really answer your questions:

merchanting on ge is far more difficult then it used to be without, but can get u a fair amount of cash if you dod it well..

the simple tips are as folowing: dont be afread to lose money, otherwise you will never do risky stuff and not gain a lot. DONT join a merch clan, unsell u know the clan leader well the chance of getting fouled is very high. if your item goes down a little, dont start panicking.. if its a fairly common item the chance the price will go back to its previous price is high, so u beter stick to the stuff uve bought and wait a little longer.

to know what items to buy.. thats the 'gamble' altho after a while you'll get used to it and be able to kinda forsee what item probably will go up (after it has crashed for a while, it will probably go back up for instant)

u WILL lose money on some items, but dont let that discourage you, just keep going on :)

oh, and dont stick to merching alone, do something next to it... i only merch when i know i'll be skilling for while and that way wont need the cash ive invested

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

Study the 180 day graphs and pay particular attention to items where the price has dropped below the moving average. These are items that will soon rebound in many cases. Study these items further to make sure the item is not dropping because of a nerf.

Don't buy items that are spiking - these are the ones where you will get the rug pulled out from under you.

Patience is the key. You may have to wait days or weeks to see your strategy come to fruition.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Well with 100m im sure u can always try to find a rare to merch or some barrows sets but before all that you Must make sure.

1.Make sure you know what you are buying and selling(suggestion:Go ask some people that merch with those item sets and look through the Graphs a lot to make your money worthwhile and not lose it all at once)

2.Study the graph even more.. since u can never be to ready.

3.Dont invest all ur money on it and dont count solely on the G.E-Skill(When it crashes u may lose big but u will understand at least u didnt lose all your money+you still got a few skills to get ur money back)

4 and final:Dont invest..Why try to get cash the easy way.. youve got a 100m get some good stats and then brag about it, and not bragging about the pile of cash u may or may not have in the future??

Good Luck i wish you lot of luck!

P.S: i do believe christmas-New year time the prices crash, if u are certain buy a few items and invest like 5mil as practice and then sell them at around mid-late january when the prices rise back up.

Sig-BlackOps-DjTeryaki.jpg

merching works off of the concept of supply and demand

the idea is that you or a group of people buy up as much of a specific item as possible, thereby reducing supply.

the key is that the item is in high demand

with high demand, the price for that item rises

then you sell to make a profit

that's the basics of how merching works

not too smart to do it individually, you won't have too much of an effect that way

that's why there are merching clan

hope this helps

[hide=Stats]0_yak.png[/hide]

[hide=ETC.]Click Here to view my YouTube Channel

Read my blog here

4kp7q0p.gif[/hide]

Merchanting is like playing the stock market. You can hit a home run or you can lose your [wagon]. I would invest in santa's when they have an inevitable crash. Also, investing in updated item's is a safe way to make money such as when fury's were updated several times. I made a lot of money off of dragon full helm's being taken out of the drop tables for player vs player. If I had have been more patient I could have made even more.. If it was my money I would invest it in summoning, ranged, and prayer though.

Low_C.png

Dump it into skills, there forever.

Agree.

If you insist on doing merchanting, start with a small investment to learn the basics. Just whatever you do, don't blow all 100m on weeds :blink:

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

Dump it into skills, there forever.

Not always the best course of action. If someone is good at merchanting, then having starting capital is very important. If the buyable skills don't provide any immediate benefit, they may not outweigh the earning potential of a pile of cash.

Well, you can make 200k+ each day by just making a round visiting various stores. That's 1.4M+ a week.

No risk involved, hardly any time.

I only merchant once every 3 months when I see a sure thing. And only then a limited amount of my GP. And When I have a lot of GP lying around I just buy a piece of high end equipment. Last time I bought a BGS, although I don't really need it (had already a SGS).

But mostly I am currently pumping money into herblore. Nice money sink.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

You'll also be shunned for all eternity depending on your "merchanting" method. you've got 100m, invest it in a skill or something. get all skills to 70+ or something. Runescape isn't fun when you sit there collecting pixel cash all day.

No, merchanting is a valid way to make money, and your argument that it isn't fun to gain pixels is asinine, as fun is relative.

Now, Pump and Dumping isn't merchenting. That will get you shunned. Otherwise, merchants are important to the economy.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

You could start merching in 2 ways, you could join a merchanting clan (Can be great profit, but also a great risk).

Or you could start "solo merching" by "flipping" items. Flipping is buying items for a certain price and try to sell them for 1-3% more they you bought them, quite easy.