Summoning in a PVP context.

Obtaurian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJcKtZBOVig

watch that and say summoning is useless in pvp xD

but yea for mroe balanced accoutns a bob of food can be very usefull, how ever unless you have a very high summ lvl, like 95/99 a combat familiar isnt going to help a real lot.

for example say a "115+7" (122 cuase hes got his pouch out) with his idk mith minotaur goes to fight a 122+11 (like me, maxed melees 70 pray without a pouch out) the 115 is going to be raped.

Frankly, I think that Summoning, in an of itself, is a tad unbalanced... As someone said, you have to have a pretty low standard combat level, compared to your summoning level for you familiar to be any use against the monsters you would fight. When it comes to PvP, while your familiar may seem useless, I agree that it does help drain your opponent's prayer faster, or make them risk more damage.

On a different note, I want to say that even though pots boost more, you can hold more scrolls, and end up with more "doses" with a familiar, so in the long run, it could be considered better.

If you want to know who I am, then just ask.

As a general rule of thumb, I believe that most humans are idiots.

Runescape players doubly so.

Frankly, I think that Summoning, in an of itself, is a tad unbalanced... As someone said, you have to have a pretty low standard combat level, compared to your summoning level for you familiar to be any use against the monsters you would fight. When it comes to PvP, while your familiar may seem useless, I agree that it does help drain your opponent's prayer faster, or make them risk more damage.

On a different note, I want to say that even though pots boost more, you can hold more scrolls, and end up with more "doses" with a familiar, so in the long run, it could be considered better.

Summoning itself isn't the problem. Its the combat level of the player itself is messed up. If summoning reflected a higher combat level, leading you to believe that player has better combat effectiveness, then shouldn't equipment worn at the time along with combat items like food and pots also reflect on the players combat level?

I was thinking a cb level player of 130 wearing nothing isn't gonna win against a level 100 player equipped with the best stuff their skill levels allow them to use.

For me, a summoning pouch is like a pot or a food item in your inventory. So summoning's reflection on the combat level "for me" seems off... Along with relation to equipment and how your character is geared for combat.

u cant see how edgeville pking would instantly become LULZ IM KOOL I USE PVE SKILLS TO OWN U IN PVP! ?

Players vs EVERYTHING, do other players not count as something?

Familliars are for monster hunting and pvp minigames

Where in the Kb, Rs website or anything Jagex has ever published does it say that? Familiars are to be used where ever the player feels like.

If you look at quite a lot of Mage Bank/High Wild pker's videos you'll see that most of them have a tbird/tort/yak so it must give some form of help in pking situations.

Except PvE means Players versus Enviroment, not Everything. Last time I checked.

I wish summoning could be used more in a pvp context, but alas, the current only reason for it are duel tournaments. In PvE they're great, PvP, not so.

No summoning is pretty much useless in pvp. Most people worth killing will avoid fighting someone with a bob, and fighters are useless. Even if they weren't useless, I'm betting that you and your pet will end up outnumbered if your in multi.

The ONLY familiar that I can think of as having a use in PVP is the wolpertinger for the extreme mage pot....

They are also good for jacking up your cb level a bit to avoid lower leveled gits while you dont want to be PVPing in PVP.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I can't comment on the PvP argument (I've managed one kill over 500k in my career), but I loved your writing. I laughed several times reading this post. :smile:

Well although enjoying what you wrote yourself might be fun, it might be more productive to look at what others say too. :rolleyes:

Summoning<80ish=waste of time clicking if duelling

>89= viable options depending on situation, but always better than none.

It most definitely is. Although I can honestly see how someone can argue that it is. After all, doesn't Herblore *sort of* offer similar benefits as far as indirect aids in combat go? Then again, familiars do DIRECTLY participate, but only in multi-combat.

Summoning itself isn't the problem. Its the combat level of the player itself is messed up. If summoning reflected a higher combat level, leading you to believe that player has better combat effectiveness, then shouldn't equipment worn at the time along with combat items like food and pots also reflect on the players combat level?

I was thinking a cb level player of 130 wearing nothing isn't gonna win against a level 100 player equipped with the best stuff their skill levels allow them to use.

For me, a summoning pouch is like a pot or a food item in your inventory. So summoning's reflection on the combat level "for me" seems off... Along with relation to equipment and how your character is geared for combat.

The combat levels reflected by the equipment that you CAN wear has already been reflected by your defence level for armour, and attack level for weapons. Of course, this means that you have to wear the best equipment set to reflect your true combat prowess, but not many does that in PVP unless you're in a group or very confident of your ability.

Since summoning pouches requires the summoning level to use, much like armour and defence, it makes more sense to add more combat levels, unless you don't need the summoning level to use the pouch, only to create them (much like food from Cooking). And if they do this, summoning will be reduced from one of the best skills to one of the worst. :thumbdown:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775