11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

Yeah, well luckily I don't give a damn what you think. I have an opinion that I back up with 8+ years of playing time. I don't think he should be that tough. My new point was, regardless of whatever level fo quest this is meant to be, I think that as a quest boss, he is too difficult. What it is is that you people so love being able to do things that other people can't that you are blinded to this. It's a very typical and common trait. The desire to feel superior to other people. I don't care about being inferior or superior. I am juding an opinion based on what *I* have done.

And I *still* say that a bosses difficulty shouldn't make a quest a Grandmaster quest. That is an opinion completely on it's own and not in regards to this quest.

I am so sick and damn tired of being attacked personally because of my criticisms of Jagex. No I'm not a game developer. No I don't develop content for them. But I've been playing for many years and I'm allowed a gameplaying opinion. So piss off and leave me alone.

Awww poor you.. Lol

yes, poor me. I'm a girl and can't handle the pressure right? Or maybe I'm just annoyed at condescending children who gain their self-worth and self-respect off what they can achieve on an online game. In any case, I'm not worrying about it anymore. People know my opinion and I have many agree, I also have many that attack my making of criticisms rather than the criticism itself. So to you, them, and this quest, you can all get the single finger salute. I have to work now and do something constructive in this world.

You know, I'm starting to think freedom of speech is unjust.

You know, I'm starting to think people who don't like me should put me on Ignore and leave it at that.

It's about superiority. People who've done it like to feel superior over the people who haven't. I think that is the basis for all the "Don't nerf Nomad" stuff on the RSOF. I also think all the people around here "falling on their swords" for Jagex is hillarious. They will never admit that it's possible they made an error.

I also want to point this out. Because I believed them when they said GM quest swere gonna be long and have gradniose plots I'm gullible, but when people believe what they say about a GM quest and that a tough boss battle makes it worthy of a GM quest, that is ...?

Well, I haven't completed it, and not even planning to as I'm a skiller, yet I can relate to their feelings.

It's not that superiority crap, it's the sense of unfairness. Some have invested millions on supplies, when they could just wait one week for it to be nerfed? And only waste 80K? "They get to fight an easier boss just because they complained it's too hard? And what of the challenge? If I beat it with X levels and X recources, why can't they?"

Other than that, I've had more than little experience with RuneScape quests and the one thing I learned about boss fights is that 90% of them could be beaten with minimum effort & with the same strategy. The other 10% (excluding Nomad) would only need slight adjustments. I think Nomad has brought something new to the game. Puzzles are not the only thinker quests have anymore.

New? Like more luck than your typical quest boss?

And no, it's not crap. maybe it's different on here, but certainly on the RSOF it's clearly all about feeling superior to people.

And if you payed millions to complete it in the first week that would be your issue, not anyone elses. Kinda like how people used to buy brand new items for millions before they settled down.

Having to pay extra, both in time and money, merely for trying out new content as it's brought to the game, seems unreasonable to me.

Nope, new like thinking with Pheonix necklaces, new familiars, weapons, multiples strategies that all work and give very different results. A boss fight in a quest like no other before.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's too hard! Could you make it easier/give us some hints?"

From the Developer's mouth:

"Too hard? Nomad is too easy! I wanted him to be much harder! Nomad himself will give you all the hints you need to defeat him while you battle him, so pay close attention to what is happening during the fight!"

"Will you be "nerfing" Nomad?"

No.

I guess you guys complaining about the difficulty should just count your blessings then. At least the developer didn't quite get what he wanted on this one :-P

"Too hard? Nomad is too easy! I wanted him to be much harder! Nomad himself will give you all the hints you need to defeat him while you battle him, so pay close attention to what is happening during the fight!"

No.

I guess you guys complaining about the difficulty should just count your blessings then. At least the developer didn't quite get what he wanted on this one :-P

I'm not sure that's a good thing, I'd love to see stronger quest bosses released :).

[hide]

No.

[/hide]

I'm not sure that's a good thing, I'd love to see stronger quest bosses released :).

Well...

"What was wrong with raising the requirements for the Quest Cape slowly, like you've done in the past?"

We feel that we have raised the quest cape requirements slowly. All of the levels required are only slightly above those required for other quests. This quest does feature some heavy combat challenges, but we believe that they are appropriate for the users we are targeting the content towards - Grand Masters.

The requirements are appropriate for the quest itself and the difficulty of the quest. We think that it presents a good challenge for players and believe that it is good to have something to work for in the game, such as to re-attain your quest cape (as opposed to simply having to take it off for a few hours after each quest update).

Wearing a quest cape will eventually become more challenging than any skill cape.

I think they toned Nomad down in the spirit of just that; increasing the reqs for the quest cape gradually. As you can see from the last line, they intend to eventually make the quest cape even more challenging than even the slayer cape.

You want strong bosses? Fine. Just keep them out of quests. Give them drops, make them team stuff, whatever. I like to quest for stories, not stuff like an Imp telling me I gotta defeat him.

Anyone else have an issue with that plothole? Does anything else thinks it's dumb the reasons for us fighting him? Just a vague idea of good and evil and an Imp telling us to?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

The existence of the stupid quest cape should have absolutely NO influence on quest design. If it does, it should be removed.

I'm fed up with whiners who think their precious cape is some sort of an entitlement. If you want the cape, EARN IT.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You want strong bosses? Fine. Just keep them out of quests. Give them drops, make them team stuff, whatever. I like to quest for stories, not stuff like an Imp telling me I gotta defeat him.

Anyone else have an issue with that plothole? Does anything else thinks it's dumb the reasons for us fighting him? Just a vague idea of good and evil and an Imp telling us to?

Um... the imp doesn't tell us to defeat him. He tells us to find out what the hell is going on. After you defeat him the imp is shocked and horrified that you killed him.

And...

The existence of the stupid quest cape should have absolutely NO influence on quest design. If it does, it should be removed.

I'm fed up with whiners who think their precious cape is some sort of an entitlement. If you want the cape, EARN IT.

QFT

It did seem a little bit like we were just told 'Oh he's doing secret stuff, it must be evil, go kill him!' :razz: I think they could've expanded the storyline a bit further.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

Um... the imp doesn't tell us to defeat him. He tells us to find out what the hell is going on. After you defeat him the imp is shocked and horrified that you killed him.

Whether he tells you to go kill him or tells you to find out what is going on, I think the point is that this quest has no storyline.

She's right -- it's not a real quest.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Qeltar has a point as well. Whether they would've made him harder or not the Quest Cape should not have had any impact on the designing of quests, the same way Skill Capes have no impact on the designing of skills. Getting too wrapped up into stuff like that is why F2P didn't get skill capes.

Whether he tells you to go kill him or tells you to find out what is going on, I think the point is that this quest has no storyline.

Frankly, you could say the same thing about nearly half of the other "quests".

Yeah, the story isn't logical. We are just looking for what's happening beneath Soul Wars and suddenly we decide to kill Nomad. Well, next time, if I enter the basement of Evil Dave, I guess I also have to get rid of him, just for the sake because his basement isn't normal.

I'm still trying to find ways to kill Nomad, already wasted 4.5M on supplies and I lost count on how many attempts I did.

One day, I hope someone else does the dirty work for us in a quest, we've been the little toy that does everything for everyone for more than 150 quests... God, I love the day I could send Cook to kill the Corporeal Beast or something, because he stole my map to my secret cookie stash. :P

True, but quests have been getting better and better over the years. Most of those lacking on story tend to be a little older. "A Soul's Bane" comes to mind...

Also that said I guess I hold higher standards for Grandmaster quests.

In my opinion as it's classified as grandmaster, I'd have liked it to be a bit more rounded in terms of storyline/puzzles/bosses, i felt this quest leant too far towards focusing on the bosses and could've done more with other areas.

r4x9.png

260pifq.jpg
gikxIau.png

it does have a storyline, and it does link in with the mysteries of the mahjarrat and wgs storylines in some way, just because an imp says "he is up to something, find out what" doesn't limit the storyline to that

and personally i think that this quest is comparable to within the light when refering to puzzle, length and storyline (it just repeated storyline from previous quests and tagged a bit on at the end), the difference is that this quest has an actually challanging battle at the end

personally i enjoyed the quest

the battle was a refreshing change from usual quest battles, where the most that happens is you have to change attack style (with the possible exception of corp, but even that does not compare to the standard of this fight), and imo it was the first proper challange to questers since mep2 (wgs was easy, just extremely long)

i agree story line and puzzles could have been a bit better, but overall i'd rate it 7-8/10

"He's up to something, go find out what it is" -- that is not a storyline.

This could have, and should have, been a prequel or an addendum to a real quest.

signew2.png

bossfight seems like a very challenging (but fun) fight to me :thumbup:

do you guy's thinck that I could possibly stand a chance against him? :ohnoes:

i have:

78 atk

76 def

93 str

87 hp

82 range

71 prayer

i'm also kinda poor so no kick [wagon] equipment (like vesta's, statius or zammy spear) for me :cry:

just a check, should i first train some more or could i already complete this quest?

thancks in advance :wink:

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Also, in terms of quest consistency...

The Stone of Jas, an item likely able to both create and destroy a world was guarded by a level 434.

Nomad is a level 699 and we have to kill him "just cause."

"He's up to something, go find out what it is" -- that is not a storyline.

This could have, and should have, been a prequel or an addendum to a real quest.

by that same token recipe for disaster was not a storyline as it was just "go out and gather these random items"

from what i can understand what you are saying is if it isn't mentioned in the starting dialogue it is not part of the story

from what we learned during this quest, reading all the dialogues with nomad, this could well lead on to another much greater quest which combines this and other important story lines

Grandmaster quests should combine important storylines into themselves. They shouldn't be used to lead up to anything else. They should be the penultimate quest. This one had little, little plot, and what it did have came at the very end, not good at all.

Seems like a particularly hard quest, although I could imagine the Decaying avatar being a re-fightable boss like Tormented demons are, but I suppose we'll have to make due with the +12 prayer cape (I thought it would increase slash and stuff, can anyone infrom me why it only raises prayer). It does seem a bit of an anti-climatic reward though.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

i now realy getting upset, i did everything spend cash on ags ect ect, but no i just cant kill this boss.

yes i do now think quest cape is a respect cape. i just cant get mine back!.

Hello i am new to tip it.

I hope i can contribute somthing good. and have fun here.

Hurmyie.png

by that same token recipe for disaster was not a storyline as it was just "go out and gather these random items"

Nonsense. RFD was a long, involved quest with plenty of backstory integration and character development. And even its limited storyline was a lot more than this had.

signew2.png