11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it's not a Quest Cape anymore. It's now called a "IBN" cape, or I beat Nomad cape. The RSOF are asking if they can get an IBN on the QC and still have it be readable. Oh, and I love the fact that so many people are taking a dump on this quest due to it's lack of plot. It deserves it. I got more plot out of Cook's Assistant than I did from this. And that's what quests should be about. Plots. Not a killfest or some obscenely difficult bossfight.

And Storm, not only do I agree with what you say, but I thank God that you are able to say it in an intelligent way. Certain people, such as Morningwood, cannot handle different opinons and must criticize you instead of arguing your point. B)

-edit- oh and practically all the Forum mods on the RSOF are saying how they don't like this quest. It appears that all the people that have played this game recognize it's flaws and all the people who've played it for a year and are maxed combat are saying "Don't Nerf!"

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

To mhl. You make a very good point. This quest (after what I've heard, I haven't done it yet) Is lacking in story and length, compared to WGS, and to what Jagex said would classify as a grandmaster quest. And seeing how WGS probably is my favourite quest, I would love to see another one like it. But you also said earlier - the quest itself is good, it's just the labeling that is wrong. So we have a good (if short) quest, that is too hard to be put into the "master" label. In my opinion, that leaves three options.

1: Lower the difficulty of the boss fight. I think this would take the challenge out of the quest. This quest is special, appealing, (and perhaps a bit frustrating) because of this fight. Lowering the difficulty would really just make this another filler quest, that at least I wouldn't like as much. (the kind that I've seen you complain about often, the last year)

2: Leave the quest exactly like it is, and make a new difficulty rating, between master and grandmaster. This way, you could still have the fight, and everyone would know this quest is harder than the regular master quest. But honestly, just difficulty wise, I've been led to believe that this quest is as hard as WGS. You'll need more experience, because of the very high combat skills needed. And the puzzles were (again, as I've heard) par to the ones in WGS. This might be just me, but I don't think that making a quest label that says; "this quest is harder than the rest, but it is not this epic story wise So we can't give it the highest rating" would be a very smart move of Jagex.

3: Do as they did now. Knowingly release a quest in the grandmaster difficulty, that doesn't live 100% to their own expectations of what they wanted to make out of these quests. This way they can create a hard quest, without needing it to be as epic as WGS was, and therefore they can release more of such quests. Remember, this isn't necessarily the only GM-quest coming out this year. Hell, the place they said there would be max 1 per year, was the very same thread as they said that they would be "epicly, long, et cetera."

They could of course have made it longer, and made this like WGS, and I think all of us would have liked that alot. But it's still so, that they can still produce that kind of quests. The only thing this quest did, was that it was made possible to have quests that are harder than master quests, without needing to put many extra months of development on the story.

On a side note: I don't really think we'll see a quest as epic as WGS, at least not in a very long time. That is simply because of WGS being the first GM quest, and I'll guess that Jagex wanted to put some extra effort into it. (that doesn't necessarily make all upcoming GM quests crappy.)

But all in all, this is my opinion. And it all really comes down into opinions, mostly of what should be excepted from a GM quest, story and length wise. I do think that this quest gave quests a new side in rs, which I think about as a positive change. But God forbid that every hard quest is becoming like this one. A more puzzle, skiller based quest would be good soon, after this one, and Blood runs deep.

The only negative side about this update for me, would be that I will not see my quest cape in a long time. I just don't think that my combat is good enough at the moment. I might give it a try when i reach even 90's in melee skills. (But an extra motivation to train is always great.)

Scherzo.png

Actually it's not a Quest Cape anymore. It's now called a "IBN" cape, or I beat Nomad cape. The RSOF are asking if they can get an IBN on the QC and still have it be readable. Oh, and I love the fact that so many people are taking a dump on this quest due to it's lack of plot. It deserves it. I got more plot out of Cook's Assistant than I did from this. And that's what quests should be about. Plots. Not a killfest or some obscenely difficult bossfight.

And Storm, not only do I agree with what you say, but I thank God that you are able to say it in an intelligent way. Certain people, such as Morningwood, cannot handle different opinons and must criticize you instead of arguing your point. B)

Have I not spent enough time arguing with you over the definition of a GM quest? Storm is angry because he can't complete this quest with his touchpad. If he had a mouse, he would've beaten Nomad (especially with his stats) and would be singing a very different tune. I find it incredibly amusing that you and Storm feel the need to refer to my criticisms as flaming, as it shows that you'd rather belittle my arguments than confront them.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

To mhl. You make a very good point. This quest (after what I've heard, I haven't done it yet) Is lacking in story and length, compared to WGS, and to what Jagex said would classify as a grandmaster quest. And seeing how WGS probably is my favourite quest, I would love to see another one like it. But you also said earlier - the quest itself is good, it's just the labeling that is wrong. So we have a good (if short) quest, that is too hard to be put into the "master" label. In my opinion, that leaves three options.

1: Lower the difficulty of the boss fight. I think this would take the challenge out of the quest. This quest is special, appealing, (and perhaps a bit frustrating) because of this fight. Lowering the difficulty would really just make this another filler quest, that at least I wouldn't like as much. (the kind that I've seen you complain about often, the last year)

2: Leave the quest exactly like it is, and make a new difficulty rating, between master and grandmaster. This way, you could still have the fight, and everyone would know this quest is harder than the regular master quest. But honestly, just difficulty wise, I've been led to believe that this quest is as hard as WGS. You'll need more experience, because of the very high combat skills needed. And the puzzles were (again, as I've heard) par to the ones in WGS. This might be just me, but I don't think that making a quest label that says; "this quest is harder than the rest, but it is not this epic story wise So we can't give it the highest rating" would be a very smart move of Jagex.

3: Do as they did now. Knowingly release a quest in the grandmaster difficulty, that doesn't live 100% to their own expectations of what they wanted to make out of these quests. This way they can create a hard quest, without needing it to be as epic as WGS was, and therefore they can release more of such quests. Remember, this isn't necessarily the only GM-quest coming out this year. Hell, the place they said there would be max 1 per year, was the very same thread as they said that they would be "epicly, long, et cetera."

They could of course have made it longer, and made this like WGS, and I think all of us would have liked that alot. But it's still so, that they can still produce that kind of quests. The only thing this quest did, was that it was made possible to have quests that are harder than master quests, without needing to put many extra months of development on the story.

On a side note: I don't really think we'll see a quest as epic as WGS, at least not in a very long time. That is simply because of WGS being the first GM quest, and I'll guess that Jagex wanted to put some extra effort into it. (that doesn't necessarily make all upcoming GM quests crappy.)

But all in all, this is my opinion. And it all really comes down into opinions, mostly of what should be excepted from a GM quest, story and length wise. I do think that this quest gave quests a new side in rs, which I think about as a positive change. But God forbid that every hard quest is becoming like this one. A more puzzle, skiller based quest would be good soon, after this one, and Blood runs deep.

The only negative side about this update for me, would be that I will not see my quest cape in a long time. I just don't think that my combat is good enough at the moment. I might give it a try when i reach even 90's in melee skills. (But an extra motivation to train is always great.)

Basically they pulled number 3 and that's my issue.

O HAY U GUISE LOL

I beat him on my second try. I have to say it was rather fun and difficult, although there was little to no plot and that was quite a disappointment.

Also, the reward left a lot to be desired, but the quest itself was much too short for anything great, at least in my opinion.

I don't think it should have been made a GM quest, especially since the decision was based on a single fight.

Actually it's not a Quest Cape anymore. It's now called a "IBN" cape, or I beat Nomad cape. The RSOF are asking if they can get an IBN on the QC and still have it be readable.

L. And when they release another incredibly difficult quest boss (Lucien?), what will they call the quest cape then?

We may get our high level skiller quest before the end of the month, as Fairytale 3 is long overdue. Tbh, I really hope this wasn't the GMQ with 80+ reqs they promised, seeing as those aren't really reqs and this quest was not at all as epic as they have been making GMQs out to be. But yes, I believe calling this Grandmaster was the right decision. The fight provides the first real challenge for questers, one that cannot be avoided by using a guide. The only problem was the lack of epicness.

Actually it's not a Quest Cape anymore. It's now called a "IBN" cape, or I beat Nomad cape. The RSOF are asking if they can get an IBN on the QC and still have it be readable.

L. And when they release another incredibly difficult quest boss (Lucien?), what will they call the quest cape then?

The EPIC CAPE! Just as long as that quest will have some decent story.

priest_wiz.png

Basically they pulled number 3 and that's my issue.

Well, my point was that number 3 was a good choice. Number one would have led us without the thing that makes this quest special, and number two is just plain ridiculous.

But as I said, it all comes down to opinion on which of these are the right.

I still think that most people that do this quest will enjoy it, just because it's good on itself. Not everything has to be compared with other things to see if it's enjoyable or not.

Scherzo.png

They will call the quest cape "God Slaying Cape". All the people who cant complete the quest because they dont like combat will whine like they are now while the players who completed it tell Jagex to not nerf it, just like now.

I do enjoy the "I did something in a certain way so Jagex can never change it in any way shape or form because that's a nerf and I hate nerfing and I define myself as a person completely based on what I accomplish on a MMORPG and I've obviously invested way too much time, effort and sanity into this and now I feel sad" mentality.

Quite humorous.

I do enjoy the "I did something in a certain way so Jagex can never change it in any way shape or form because that's a nerf and I hate nerfing and I define myself as a person completely based on what I accomplish on a MMORPG and I've obviously invested way too much time, effort and sanity into this and now I feel sad" mentality.

Quite humorous.

You are on the forums of a Runescape help site. The "you waste your life on video games" arguement is not valid. Although the way you said it was slightly comical.

Quite humorous.

You are on the forums of a Runescape help site. The "you waste your life on video games" arguement is not valid. Although the way you said it was slightly comical.

Well it was meant to be a slight on the people that spend way too much time on this and get too worked up about it. And I think if you heard the voice in my head saying it it would've been funnier.

... way a minute. The voices are back. Damnit! :mad:

Quite humorous.

It's even more humorous when something is simply too hard for someone, instead of getting their [wagon] to the training grounds, they try to get the game developers to change it for them, ie hand the quest cape back to them on a silver platter.

If you mean change the quest and add a better story, fine. If they have the time, let them do it. I sure as hell don't want them changing the difficulty of Nomad though. I loved the challenge, and I'm sure there are people like me that enjoy challenges too. I wouldn't want that spoiled for them.

Was meaning to post this last time. Here is "The Corporeal Beast Slayer" Woox16, ripping Nomad appart. :P

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

While I do find Nomad to be too hard for any quest, even if GM, I don't recommend changing him in any way. My point has always been, a boss fight shouldn't make a quest a GM quest. Story, history, length, challenges(non-combat), and combat should make a GM quest.

-edit- Consider the storyline for this and whether it is consistent with what a GM quest should be.

"You have to go in there and see what the guy is doing. Oh and you have to fight him even though he is extremely powerful and the supplies are ridiculously expensive."

"Okay, um, why?"

"Because that Imp with the trouble annunciating over there said so."

"Right..." :wall:

While I do find Nomad to be too hard for any quest, even if GM, I don't recommend changing him in any way. My point has always been, a boss fight shouldn't make a quest a GM quest. Story, history, length, challenges(non-combat), and combat should make a GM quest.

-edit- Consider the storyline for this and whether it is consistent with what a GM quest should be.

"You have to go in there and see what the guy is doing. Oh and you have to fight him even though he is extremely powerful and the supplies are ridiculously expensive."

"Okay, um, why?"

"Because that Imp with the trouble annunciating over there said so."

"Right..." :wall:

Question: Did you read the quest dialogue at all? I'm gonna guess no, because it's a lot more than just "LOLKILLNOMAD."

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Was meaning to post this last time. Here is "The Corporeal Beast Slayer" Woox16, ripping Nomad appart. :P

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

OH MY ZAROS

He still has more than half his brews left, and he demolished the berserker form with one spec. *Jealous*

OH MY ZAROS

He still has more than half his brews left, and he demolished the berserker form with one spec. *Jealous*

Heh no surprise coming from a guy who got a solo sigil from corp and who killed jad in 7 seconds.

Are Void, Fire Cape, or imbued rings lost on death? (As Fighter Torso etc. are...)

Void isn't not sure about the other ones though sorry.

OT: the nomad is very hard but I don't think he should be changed in any way, he's just gonna take practice or luck to beat. ....Or like in that video insane awesomeness with overloads.