11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk about imbued rings but none of those other things are.

I don't understand the orgie of hate occuring around this quest. People say that it doesn't live up to the standard of GM quests even though there is only 1 other GM quest in the game. Other people say that it's too hard and Jagex are neglecting anyone who doesn't no-life rs, even though making the boss any easier would be neglecting people who um... do no-life rs apparently. There has literally never been a quest boss before this one that I had to think for more than 1 minute about how I would kill. As for the difficulty, I ripped Nomad and the most expensive item I used was a helm of neitiznot. It isn't a super duper omfg quest like WGS was, but it was enjoyable and the boss fight was exciting for me. So let's stop the complaining about how we can't wear our quest cape anymore (and yes it is still called a quest cape, not whatever stupid [wagon] name you are making up for it to support your unwarranted complaints).

I did it on my first try with whip and hides, using just an inventory of sharks. If I had brought brews Nomad would have also been a piece of cake. I don't understand why everyone is complaining - you can beat him with a tortoise of brews/sharks and a whip with almost any gear and decent combat levels...80-90 melee stats or a high range level. Hundreds of thousands of players meet those requirements.

The entire quest took me under an hour...still waiting for a real "grandmaster" quest. Jagex's two attempts have both been quick and easy quests. I think ALL the puzzles should be expanded:

-Movable blocks (sliding puzzles): move that 3x3 to the top floor and add another row+column each floor down...ending on the ground floor with a 5x5 sliding puzzle where the original piece orientation is random for every player

-Luring the elemental creatures: make a MUCH larger maze

-Stones across water: not a puzzle at all

-Killing roots: make it a maze or something

2496 Completionist

idk about imbued rings but none of those other things are.

I don't understand the orgie of hate occuring around this quest. People say that it doesn't live up to the standard of GM quests even though there is only 1 other GM quest in the game. Other people say that it's too hard and Jagex are neglecting anyone who doesn't no-life rs, even though making the boss any easier would be neglecting people who um... do no-life rs apparently. There has literally never been a quest boss before this one that I had to think for more than 1 minute about how I would kill. As for the difficulty, I ripped Nomad and the most expensive item I used was a helm of neitiznot. It isn't a super duper omfg quest like WGS was, but it was enjoyable and the boss fight was exciting for me. So let's stop the complaining about how we can't wear our quest cape anymore (and yes it is still called a quest cape, not whatever stupid [wagon] name you are making up for it to support your unwarranted complaints).

I'm not comparing it to WGS and then determining if it should be a GM, I'm simply going by what they said in the past GM quests would be.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I love how so many of the Quest Capers are angry about the difficult of this quest because it makes it so they can't wear their cape. I'm glad that for once we have an accomplishment in Runescape that not everyone can do. I have yet to defeat Nomad and I've done pitifully at it, only got him down to 80% hp and I've taken two tries. At the same time, I'm happy at how ridiculous it is. I don't care if I have spend millions and millions on trying to kill Nomad, that is one hard boss and I'll feel great for having beaten him.

Nobody is forcing you to do this quest. If you can't beat Nomad, pack your quest cape away and qq somewhere else. You were told that holding on to that cape would get harder and harder and if other people are able to complete this quest at relatively low levels with a bit of luck and a lot of skill, so can you.

The quest cape is not a right, it's a privilege.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I love how so many of the Quest Capers are angry about the difficult of this quest because it makes it so they can't wear their cape. I'm glad that for once we have an accomplishment in Runescape that not everyone can do. I have yet to defeat Nomad and I've done pitifully at it, only got him down to 80% hp and I've taken two tries. At the same time, I'm happy at how ridiculous it is. I don't care if I have spend millions and millions on trying to kill Nomad, that is one hard boss and I'll feel great for having beaten him.

Nobody is forcing you to do this quest. If you can't beat Nomad, pack your quest cape away and qq somewhere else. You were told that holding on to that cape would get harder and harder and if other people are able to complete this quest at relatively low levels with a bit of luck and a lot of skill, so can you.

The quest cape is not a right, it's a privilege.

This seems to be a common sentiment, but for the life of me I can't find anyone, whether it be on here or on RSOF, that says they're angry they can't wear their Quest Cape anymore. I think you're just taking people's issues with the quest and making it out into something else.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Hmm, well I both agree and disagree with you in many pars, MHL.

I do not believe that this boss battle is too hard, and I do believe it should be a Grandmaster because a battle of this difficulty in a Master quest would be ridiculous.

However, at the same time, I think that they should have waited a little longer to release this quest. The underlying plot was interesting, but it was just that, an underlying plot. We learned that Nomad worked for Lucien and has since quit and was trying to charge himself up to kill him. The boss's difficulty is abstract compared to the difficulty of the rest of the quest. I think that a longer dungeon and adding some out-of-dungeon scenes with plot exposition would have made it so killing Nomad felt more like a showdown.

As far as I'm concerned right now, I think my character would try to ally himself with Nomad, but instead we start killing each other. I'd enjoy more reason to kill Nomad instead of that my character dislikes him gathering power.

Basically, my complaint is not that the battle is too hard, I think everything about the battle is perfect. I think that the rest of the quest was too short. The battle difficulty is greatly enjoyed by me, however. The plot was there, but should have been more intricate. The things that occurred in this quest set up more towards the sequel to WGS, but could have set up even more. Perhaps if areas were added in discovering the creation of the soul obelisk and such.

Despite my complaints, I still enjoyed the quest and find it a great addition to Runescape. I just concede that it could have been even better.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

[hide=Nomad]2a9snbq.png[/hide]

Eat dat [cabbage].

I have 99 range, 91 attack 90 str/def, 96 hp, 72 prayer, 84 magic, and no extreme pots.

10 Super Restores, 30 Brews (18 in tort). No stat-boosting potions, though I did pot up Att and Str with supers at bank for good starting D Claw Specs. I specced with claws whenever possible.

Black D'hide top and bottom, Explorer's Ring 3, Rune C'Bow, Ruby Bolts (e), Fury, Netz, D Boots, Barrows gloves, Accumulator. I wore Verac's Bottom and Guthan's top, and used a Z Spear on stab when he started to spam melee.

I prayed Rapid heal, Steel, Eagle, and Protect Item. I prayed piety whenever I specced with claws. I prayed protect from Melee and Piety when he started spamming.

Also, I have the dialogue that Juna the Snake says after you tell her the story.

[hide=]"...And, finally, Nomad fell before me."

But her response is just.

"Impressive...most impressive."

Aww, she didn't tell us anything.[/hide]

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

^Oh god yes.

Oh boohoo, the only thing difficult about this quest is the boss. So [bleep]ing what? It was a good quest with decent puzzles, an epic boss, and great rewards. Just because you disagree with Jagex's labeling of the quest doesn't mean you can spam this thread with trivial debate on an arbitrary classification; nor does it mean this wasn't one of the best quests Jagex has made.

And I'm glad the "cap" for owning a Quest Cape has been boosted. Now Jagex can release more epic quests like this and only [wagon]es will complain.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

^Oh god yes.

Oh boohoo, the only thing difficult about this quest is the boss. So [bleep]ing what? It was a good quest with decent puzzles, an epic boss, and great rewards. Just because you disagree with Jagex's labeling of the quest doesn't mean you can spam this thread with trivial debate on an arbitrary classification; nor does it mean this wasn't one of the best quests Jagex has made.

And I'm glad the "cap" for owning a Quest Cape has been boosted. Now Jagex can release more epic quests like this and only [wagon]es will complain.

Actually, since this is a discussion thread focusing on the whole Nomad's Requiem topic, they CAN complain, if they want.

Too easy, and short, to be GM.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Actually no guide, but I do want some help from people as to the boss fight, that thing that overblows this quest into GM ranking. And right now, everything is bought out and I can't get a rocktail, super restore, or sara brew to save my life. So Morningwood, do me a favor. If you think I don't have anything to say, put me on ignore. In any case, just leave me the hell alone.

Dark, he reminds me a lot of the guy from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The first one. Began with an M.

Darth Malak!

[hide]darth-malak.jpg[/hide]

f203f1850c.png

Grrr. I cannot make ANY headway against the nomad. I'm not even running out of food; I'm dying with half an inventory and a full tort of rocktails. I simply can't eat fast enough. I've been using black hides and a whip for the most part. I know it's not the most fabulous setup, and my stats aren't maxed, but still I feel like I should at least be able to stay alive long enough to run out of food. :-X

frigginacky.png

WTF this quest is too short to be a GM quest. It's more like an intermediate quest. WTF

Please don't nerf the boss, jagex. He's too easy as it is. Just shoot him with ruby(e) bolts and he dies.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

heres the thing i see with this quest. 1: people say its easy to kill nomad ONLY if they have extreme sets. 2: people say its hard to kill nomad *like myself* as they DON'T have extreme pots and thus must kill him the hard way. From what i have seen personally, the people that say this quest was easy and should not be considered GM status is the fact that they have extreme sets. I for one don't care what type of quest it is, other than the fact that nomad was extremely hard and took me over 10+ tries to finally kill that gorram idiot. So argue about a stupid quest difficulty, it still is a hard quest and not many will be able to do it, and those that do will either have extreme sets, or be very lucky and manage to kill him.

nomadquest.jpg

Personally i don't care, i got it done, i'm happy

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

heres the thing i see with this quest. 1: people say its easy to kill nomad ONLY if they have extreme sets. 2: people say its hard to kill nomad *like myself* as they DON'T have extreme pots and thus must kill him the hard way. From what i have seen personally, the people that say this quest was easy and should not be considered GM status is the fact that they have extreme sets. I for one don't care what type of quest it is, other than the fact that nomad was extremely hard and took me over 10+ tries to finally kill that gorram idiot. So argue about a stupid quest difficulty, it still is a hard quest and not many will be able to do it, and those that do will either have extreme sets, or be very lucky and manage to kill him.

Firefly reference. :thumbsup:

Anyways, back on-topic. I had 4 Rocktails leftover, and I was stupid in bringing a Unicorn in the first place - I got 140 HP out of it, whilst a Terrorbird would've been 276. I'm 99.9% sure the Extreme potions I had really didn't decide the battle. Someone with 80+ melee stats, 75+ prayer, and 67+ summoning should be able to take Nomad out pretty easily if they're properly equipped.

Anyways, back on-topic. I had 4 Rocktails leftover, and I was stupid in bringing a Unicorn in the first place - I got 140 HP out of it, whilst a Terrorbird would've been 276. I'm 99.9% sure the Extreme potions I had really didn't decide the battle. Someone with 80+ melee stats, 75+ prayer, and 67+ summoning should be able to take Nomad out pretty easily if they're properly equipped.

I brought a tortoise full of brews and then also brought a unicorn to summon once the tort was empty. Just beat him with this method. :-)

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

And what equipment do you recommend? Ruby Bolts (e)?

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007