11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

what a glorious quest....died 5 times so far...i think i am about to get inventory just right. this quest is spot on when it comes to difficulty.

How are you even having trouble with those stats? :o

I really fail at anything boss-related so I basically spam clicked sharks/brews whenever he hit me and still had quite some sups left at the end :unsure:

2dvjurb.png

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, the skill cape shouldn't be the "end game" cape, where it is the best cape, besides fire cape, to use. Now we have the ardy 3 cape for corpie, and this cape when we need prayer. The skill cape is now where it should be, to show off.

BTW, the boss fight was quite easy. I had like 15 brews, 2 rocks, and 5 rests left over. Soul split really helps though, and I never moved except to find out which clone was really nomad.

Also, I think zimberfizz is up to something with nomad.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

TBH, the skill cape shouldn't be the "end game" cape, where it is the best cape, besides fire cape, to use. Now we have the ardy 3 cape for corpie, and this cape when we need prayer. The skill cape is now where it should be, to show off.

Yeah, now this basically is the "end game" cape because you can/should use prayer basically anywhere, and not wearing it is a little like wearing bandos top/tassets instead of proselyte while praying (not as extreme but you get the point).

2dvjurb.png

what a glorious quest....died 5 times so far...i think i am about to get inventory just right. this quest is spot on when it comes to difficulty.

I really fail at anything boss-related so I basically spam clicked sharks/brews whenever he hit me and still had quite some sups left at the end :unsure:

its about timing and getting the inventory just right...i think 25 sara brews and 10-12 restores plenty. i range using diamond (e) and just sip sip sip sara sip restore.

all the people complaining here and on rs forums on the difficulty of the boss fight forget why we find quests so enjoyable - the challenge. ive probably spent and lost a few million on the quest...and the reward wont mean much to me...but oh the challenge...it means far more than xp or item rewards.

i would be happy if there were no reward at all!

rhupajiva.png

its about timing and getting the inventory just right...i think 25 sara brews and 10-12 restores plenty. i range using diamond (e) and just sip sip sip sara sip restore.

all the people complaining here and on rs forums on the difficulty of the boss fight forget why we find quests so enjoyable - the challenge. ive probably spent and lost a few million on the quest...and the reward wont mean much to me...but oh the challenge...it means far more than xp or item rewards.

You could try bringing more food, I brought 6 rests 14 brews 8 rocktails and rest sharks, and the fight only got hard after I had run out of actual food and only had brews left. Normal food seems to work pretty well really, and especially with yak you should be able to bring enough of it.

2dvjurb.png

That's the spirit :D!

Because GM quests should be special. This quest dopesn't feel special. It's a Master Quest with an ungodly boss fight.

On another note, status symbol is fine, but I wear stuff for utility and as far as stats go the Soul Wars capes easily trumps the Quest Cape so I'll be wearing that.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Because GM quests should be special. This quest dopesn't feel special. It's a Master Quest with an ungodly boss fight.

On another note, status symbol is fine, but I wear stuff for utility and as far as stats go the Soul Wars capes easily trumps the Quest Cape so I'll be wearing that.

we had ONE grandmaster quest before...how can you possibly compare?

rhupajiva.png

The quests is special, in a way that only a small percentage of the players can complete it?

It is just a label, and labels don't make any sense in runescape...

Perhaps it is only a label. But many of us had high hopes for the GM class of quest. They were going to be something unique and special. Doing things like this in my eyes, and the eyes of many others, cheapens it. It's just how we feel.

The quests is special, in a way that only a small percentage of the players can complete it?

Perhaps it is only a label. But many of us had high hopes for the GM class of quest. They were going to be something unique and special. Doing things like this in my eyes, and the eyes of many others, cheapens it. It's just how we feel.

its the first update of the year...no matter what jagex did (too easy or two hard), i dont think some people would be happy. some players just complain for the sake of complaining. every update gets the "worst update ever" trolls....

get this t-shirt :) 150px-Jagex_Store_-_Worst_Update_T-shirt.png

rhupajiva.png

its the first update of the year...no matter what jagex did (too easy or two hard), i dont think some people would be happy. some players just complain for the sake of complaining. every update gets the "worst update ever" trolls....

get this t-shirt :) 150px-Jagex_Store_-_Worst_Update_T-shirt.png

Honestly, this quest, and I'm doing it as I speak, feels as if I was doing the part of WGS that takes place in Lumby Caves, and that's it. Only difference is it has a much harder boss. That's my issue.

Other than that I'm rather enjoying it, despite it's lack of storyline.

I wonder, if this had come out as something similar to Tarn's Lair, would you have complained? Probably not, I think, because you wouldn't have lost your quest cape. But this is obviously tied to the WGS storyline, so whatever quest this leads to will obviously require the completion of this boss. So you would have lost the quest cape anyway. As for the classification of this quest as grandmaster, well Nomad is harder than any master quest boss by a country mile, so since they DID decide to make this a quest, it obviously should be grandmaster.

I wonder, if this had come out as something similar to Tarn's Lair, would you have complained? Probably not, I think, because you wouldn't have lost your quest cape. But this is obviously tied to the WGS storyline, so whatever quest this leads to will obviously require the completion of this boss. So you would have lost the quest cape anyway. As for the classification of this quest as grandmaster, well Nomad is harder than any master quest boss by a country mile, so since they DID decide to make this a quest, it obviously should be grandmaster.

I don't care about losing my quest cape. It's no biggie to me. My point is that is they wanted to make this a GM quest then I think there should be a *lot* more to it than what we did. And if this thing was designed around the Boss Fight as I think it was, it should've been a miniquest. An elite level miniquest to be sure, but one nonetheless. My issue, and only issue, I have with this is its classification.

Like I said before, in my opinion, a boss fight, no matter how difficult, does not make a master quest grand.

As for the classification of this quest as grandmaster, well Nomad is harder than any master quest boss by a country mile, so since they DID decide to make this a quest, it obviously should be grandmaster.

He is, and he isn't.

Someone not using a quest guide trying to do Haunted Mine for the first time might disagree. And he wouldn't get the benefit of a cheesy gravestone spawn next to a bank.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Tbh it seems to me like the only reason people feel the "Grandmaster" classification is sacred and special is because of how long and epic the first one is. Fact is, "Grandmaster" is just another classification like all the others. It just means it's harder. There are some long expert quests, some short ones. There are some long master quests, and some short ones. Obviously there will be some long grandmaster quests like WGS, and some short ones like Nomad's Requiem. What does it matter? It's just a label.

Nonetheless the avatar was pot up prayer and slap on melee prayer and let your player go at it. Yes it is an opinion, but it is very far fetched from the truth about the two fights. I respect everyones opinion, but when I feel they are off I challenge them and that is what I did there. It's like me saying cook's assistant was tougher than Bloods Run Deep because I wasn't prepared to run to the chicken house to fetch the egg or to a milk the cow and I had to buy a bucket. No one is going take what I say seriously and think "pssh noob he dun no wtf he talk bout!".
The damage done to a player doesn't matter-there is no danger in either fight except for the consumable ingredients used. This being so, the dangers of each are comparable. In one, you sit there for ten minutes with prayer and the other you spend five minutes spamming brews and restores with auto-retaliate on.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Lol, first impressions. Anyways, from reading and seeing vids of the bossfight, it seems that the following may help;

A yak, or at least a tortoise. I'd choose overloads and brews, but not everyone has overloads. Never seen this done but I'm pondering about using a unicorn after withdrawing summons full of summoning potions and healing with the special, that will never drain your stats, but takes slightly longer although it can be done without losing a turn of combat.

Void is a must, good mage defense, he has properties similiar to waterfiends so it's mage based melee. Stab weapons such as Vesta's spear and Zamorakian spear, I'd think Vesta's spear is a good idea considering it does help alot compared to dying alot and losing money in supplies. Never use Godswords as main weapons, they are far too slow and you'll get ripped apart due to low dps. Special attack weapons such as Vls/Swh/Ags/Dclaws is also very useful. Soulsplit and Turmoil helps a ton, you hit harder, more accurate and heal whilst hitting, triple win.

Knowledge of his (max-1) attack is very useful, from what I've seen you should brew up right when he freezes you. From personal tests, Shark/brew or other varients are faster healing, so carrying a few would be useful if you're low before he does his epic 98 on you. And don't JUST use a BoB for food, unicorns are good too! Uhh, can't think of much more atm. I'll leave this here I guess.

Nonetheless the avatar was pot up prayer and slap on melee prayer and let your player go at it. Yes it is an opinion, but it is very far fetched from the truth about the two fights. I respect everyones opinion, but when I feel they are off I challenge them and that is what I did there. It's like me saying cook's assistant was tougher than Bloods Run Deep because I wasn't prepared to run to the chicken house to fetch the egg or to a milk the cow and I had to buy a bucket. No one is going take what I say seriously and think "pssh noob he dun no wtf he talk bout!".
The damage done to a player doesn't matter-there is no danger in either fight except for the consumable ingredients used. This being so, the dangers of each are comparable. In one, you sit there for ten minutes with prayer and the other you spend five minutes spamming brews and restores with auto-retaliate on.

It's a bit more complicated than that. First, you need decent stats to be able to damage him often enough. Second, you need to know his order of attacks so that you can dodge his 75 dmg attack and prepare for his 98 damage attack.

td2sig.jpg

Huzzah finally beat it after 4 deaths! Using brews instead of rocktails really ended up being the key for me, as being able to attack without the loss of a combat round seemed almost crucial.His last form is ridiculous though, it probably took me as many brews to finish off his berserker form as it did to get to it lol. All in all it was a pretty fun quest and I hope we can look forward to some more awesome boss fights in later quests, I finally have a clue about what they meant for the FTP:3 bosses being challenging though heh.

Also, mad respect for any lower levels who beat this quest, I may not be maxed but I still consider myself to have decent stats and I barely squeezed by that fight. It'll be epic for the first sub level 110 that beats it, though I suppose it'll be a combination of awesome skill and luck lol.

insipid_soup.png

BTW, anyone who wants to use overloads and brews for this... you need restores also. Overload does not keep your stats maxed -- it just basically "reapplies" the boosts every 15 seconds. If you are mad-spamming brews to heal, and don't use restores, you'll spend most of the fight with your combat stats in the 60-80 range.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

It's a bit more complicated than that. First, you need decent stats to be able to damage him often enough. Second, you need to know his order of attacks so that you can dodge his 75 dmg attack and prepare for his 98 damage attack.

You should be able to recognize them, but the stronger of his attacks were uncovered during the quest. Other than that you just keep your health at above 75. Your former point also applies to the avatar, which has a seemingly higher defense level in comparison Nomad.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Tbh it seems to me like the only reason people feel the "Grandmaster" classification is sacred and special is because of how long and epic the first one is. Fact is, "Grandmaster" is just another classification like all the others. It just means it's harder. There are some long expert quests, some short ones. There are some long master quests, and some short ones. Obviously there will be some long grandmaster quests like WGS, and some short ones like Nomad's Requiem. What does it matter? It's just a label.

No we consider it that because we were told they were going to be awesome and special. And they aren't doing that. Now can anyone tell if this the *quest* is special or is the *boss fight* special? In WGS the Balance Elemental isn't even talked about that much. People talk about the quest as a whole, story, cutscene, all of it. Not to mention the opening up of Tormented Demons. This is a boss fight with a subpar quest used to wrap it up as a pretty present.