11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

I think too many people are bragging about how "easy" this is.

Its far from easy. I barely made it with 1 brew dose left.

Dont say its hard and then change your mind after you kill him, saying he was easy.

Makes you look arrogant. :P

Ive wanted a soul wars cape since they released soul wars, so I love the reward.

I also have enough zeal for an abyssal demon now (97 zeal after quest). Just need the head...

We also got a new respawn point which drops you almost right by edgeville.

How cant you like the rewards?

Even though I beat him on my first try, he was most definitely not easy. There is no other quest boss fight like this. I was cavalier with my brew/restore ratio, so I nearly ran out of restores at the end. In addition, there were two instances where I was almost KOed once he started doing the 2x melee berserk. My biggest piece of advice is to take cover when he lays mines. Too many people tank his 75 damage attack, and as a result they struggle to beat him before they run out of brews.

I tanked all his 75 hits and 95 hits on me. :P

There is also a path out of the mine field. Heard about some people who ran to take cover from the 75 then ran over the mines and got ko'ed.

Run straight backwards lol.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my understanding, Nomad was like one of Lucien's followers, and looking back at the fight in wildy, I'd say Lucien is going to be a tough fight if we ever get to fight him face to face.

That was my guess but he could also be a follower of Zamorak, Zaros, or even a different Mahjarrat. I do agree that if we ever have to fight Lucien it will be extremely difficult. I would guess that there is going to be a large battle that includes Zaros, Zamorak, Lucien and possibly Guthix.

If any of Zaros, Zamorak or Guthix are present at the fight, I'm not sure it will be that hard... Or hard at all.

The way I see it, all 3 are in the favor of Lucien's fall...

Don't forget Kuradel is after Lucien and she's hardly weak so if we ever fight Lucien I'm sure she'll be useful :^_^:

Anyway I have a question: Would getting a higher magic level help me withstand Nomad's attacks? I only have 75 at the moment and have been looking for an incentive to get my mage level to 90 for a while.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Don't forget Kuradel is after Lucien and she's hardly weak so if we ever fight Lucien I'm sure she'll be useful :^_^:

Anyway I have a question: Would getting a higher magic level help me withstand Nomad's attacks? I only have 75 at the moment and have been looking for an incentive to get my mage level to 90 for a while.

Hard to say, but I don't think so. At 92 magic I was getting hit so fast I couldn't attack. Just 20+ attack after 20+ attack; Sara Brews are NOT your friend here.

This is my least favorite update in 5 years of playing. HORRIBLE quest. F.

stormveritas.png

Has anyone tried maging him with ancients or using recoils and vengeance?

Since he hits hard recoils, vengeance and deflects should do some nice damage back to him without taking combat turns.

And if magic hits hard blood, smoke and shadow spells would help make the fight easier.

Plus theres also the Miasmic spells if anyone wants to try them out, reduced attack speed = faster healing and less damage

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Since he hits hard recoils, vengeance and deflects should do some nice damage back to him without taking combat turns.

And if magic hits hard blood, smoke and shadow spells would help make the fight easier.

Plus theres also the Miasmic spells if anyone wants to try them out, reduced attack speed = faster healing and less damage

I didn't try mage myself, but I wore a recoil ring and deflected no damage back, and I hear of other people saying that other reflect methods such as vengeance also do not do any damage back.

For anyone who's interested, here's my vid of the quest, which includes the Avatar and Nomad boss fights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8pfHexxw9o

Judging by the requirements, it doesn't really seem like a grandmaster quest. Judging by what you guys said though, it probably deserves that title.

Also, they fixed the inventory glitching! Yay! :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

First we whine because we need another Grandmaster and then we whine because this one is too much combat. Take the quest for what it's worth and be glad we got an update this week that wasn't something like another In Pyre Need to start the year off. I remember the people who whined that WGS was too long... :wall:

@dzihouchan and Laura convo

She is not trying to troll I can assure you that; now maybe you are but that's another story. By picking up on the clues at the very beginning of the quest the fight as not all that hard. Most people that do quests are only in it for the reward and didn't bother to pay attention to this and therefore had to experiment with inventories to complete the fight. Furthermore, due to the reward leak the majority of the people doing this quest first off were the avid questers, who aren't typically very high combat with very good gear. So yes if you're well prepared and know what is going on you're going to do better. On the other hand, saying it was easier than praying melee and smacking hits on something you could have watched videos while doing is just plain unprofessional. In no way, shape or form is the Avatar fight easier than the Nomad fight. With this and this alone is where you are wrong and perhaps misleading to some players. However, now that the quest has been out for over 12 hours, the people doing it now or later will watch videos or read very rough guides on the matter. Making it so that a statement like that won't get you flamed for being so off par.

I thank you for the initial defense. Take the statement how you will, but I do not believe you can call it 'unprofessional' or 'wrong' when I clearly labeled it as an opinion. It took me three tries to combat the Avatar, as I was not prepared for its healing abilities. But my weapons sliced through Nomad like butter compared to the Avatar.

In no way, shape or form is the Avatar fight easier than the Nomad fight.
That is your opinion, and one I respectfully disagree with.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

A post by Mod Hew in the Recent Updates forum regarding the Blood Runs Deep shorcut.

Anyone who does Dagganoth King's will probably be affected by this since some people won't read this and the whole team will suffer -.-

modhew.png

24zzxw3.gif

Someone didnt complete the quest on their first try. :-w

I tried deflect mage on my first 3 tries and it did deflect damage back at him, it just doesnt block the damage done to yourself.

Heard from a few people vengeance and recoil rings dont work.

I tried deflect mage on my first 3 tries and it did deflect damage back at him, it just doesnt block the damage done to yourself.

Yep, I checked it out and vengeance and recoil did not work. I didn't try poisoning though, but I'm guessing that won't work as well.

It would've been too easy with those forms of attack since he hits so high though, so Im glad they didn't work.

24zzxw3.gif

Yep, I checked it out and vengeance and recoil did not work. I didn't try poisoning though, but I'm guessing that won't work as well.

It would've been too easy with those forms of attack since he hits so high though, so Im glad they didn't work.

I think someone posted a monster examine of Nomad earlier and it said he was immune to poison attacks. Correct me if im wrong.

It would have been a nice reward from the quest having the ability to bypass the gates as it makes it easier for bursters as well as teams.

Shame, but maybe its given them the idea to have it as a reward from the next one.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

brews/restores wont buy at max...great... :wall:

also, does anyone suggest using sharks + pet inv at nomads?

You wont get anywhere close to killing him with full inv/summon of sharks.

This fight definitely needs brews/restores.

I personally put 5 brews in my inventory, one extreme melee set, 5 restores, a whip for attacking the clones faster, and the rest sharks. My yak had 25 sharks in it (it's important that these come first in the yak) and then 5 brews at the end. I did the fight just fine and was left with 5 brews at the end. Not to mention I ran out of my shark supply in bank and used swordfish for the fight I actually won vs him, but I wouldn't recommend that.

My suggestion to everyone is: spam brew and restore during the 75 attack to the -1 your HP level attack. After that repot with your pure set/extreme set and use regular food. Don't be afraid to risk it at 50 HP to get an extra hit in.

First we whine because we need another Grandmaster and then we whine because this one is too much combat. Take the quest for what it's worth and be glad we got an update this week that wasn't something like another In Pyre Need to start the year off. I remember the people who whined that WGS was too long... :wall:

@dzihouchan and Laura convo

She is not trying to troll I can assure you that; now maybe you are but that's another story. By picking up on the clues at the very beginning of the quest the fight as not all that hard. Most people that do quests are only in it for the reward and didn't bother to pay attention to this and therefore had to experiment with inventories to complete the fight. Furthermore, due to the reward leak the majority of the people doing this quest first off were the avid questers, who aren't typically very high combat with very good gear. So yes if you're well prepared and know what is going on you're going to do better. On the other hand, saying it was easier than praying melee and smacking hits on something you could have watched videos while doing is just plain unprofessional. In no way, shape or form is the Avatar fight easier than the Nomad fight. With this and this alone is where you are wrong and perhaps misleading to some players. However, now that the quest has been out for over 12 hours, the people doing it now or later will watch videos or read very rough guides on the matter. Making it so that a statement like that won't get you flamed for being so off par.

I thank you for the initial defense. Take the statement how you will, but I do not believe you can call it 'unprofessional' or 'wrong' when I clearly labeled it as an opinion. It took me three tries to combat the Avatar, as I was not prepared for its healing abilities. But my weapons sliced through Nomad like butter compared to the Avatar.

In no way, shape or form is the Avatar fight easier than the Nomad fight.
That is your opinion, and one I respectfully disagree with.

Nonetheless the avatar was pot up prayer and slap on melee prayer and let your player go at it. Yes it is an opinion, but it is very far fetched from the truth about the two fights. I respect everyones opinion, but when I feel they are off I challenge them and that is what I did there. It's like me saying cook's assistant was tougher than Bloods Run Deep because I wasn't prepared to run to the chicken house to fetch the egg or to a milk the cow and I had to buy a bucket. No one is going take what I say seriously and think "pssh noob he dun no wtf he talk bout!".

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I didn't try mage myself, but I wore a recoil ring and deflected no damage back, and I hear of other people saying that other reflect methods such as vengeance also do not do any damage back.

For anyone who's interested, here's my vid of the quest, which includes the Avatar and Nomad boss fights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8pfHexxw9o

For your information, protection prayers doesn't do anything. He just pass them like Corporeal beast.

I tried blood barraging, wasn't effective: barely hit him.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

There are three things they could do.

#1 make it so mage pray won't fully block his 98 spec attack but at least reduce it to half.

#2 when he clones make one that is slightly different then the others so its not just based blindly on luck

The -1 max hit attack isn't to bad, as the 75 attack is block-able if you hide behind the pillar. Without the -1 max hit attack it would be much to easy of a fight, so reducing it would take the challenge away!

As for the clones, the real one is different. I don't wanna give to much away, but just look what clone hits you last. I'm sure you'll find he is the one your looking for ;)

I wont say it is "easy", because I died myself 3 times (138 combat), but knowing what attacks he is going to use is more than half the key to winning. Avoiding both the mines and the 75 attack is a must or you will run out of food. And turn auto-retaliate off or you WILL die.

dawnsigblue-3.png

To echo what someone here said (I think it was this forum).

The 75-damage attack can be avoided and will save you on a few brews. When he starts placing the red mines on the floor, run outside of them, making sure you do not step on one, stand next to a pillar and start ranging him with ruby bolts. After a while he will stop attacking you and some dialogue will come up, whilst he charges the attack. At this point, dive behind the pillar and wait. He will send the attack over and it will splash on the pillar, whilst at the same time he will run towards you. Helped me :thumbsup:

A post by Mod Hew in the Recent Updates forum regarding the Blood Runs Deep shorcut.

Anyone who does Dagganoth King's will probably be affected by this since some people won't read this and the whole team will suffer -.-

modhew.png

Thanks for posting this here! Otherwise I never would've known.

Makes me feel happy I barraged til 99 mage while it lasted... :)

Can't wait to start this new quest. Boss fight looks epic.

As special weapon I'll try statius warhammer, works for me on solo Bandos trips. 8-)

There are three things they could do.

#1 make it so mage pray won't fully block his 98 spec attack but at least reduce it to half.

#2 when he clones make one that is slightly different then the others so its not just based blindly on luck

The -1 max hit attack isn't to bad, as the 75 attack is block-able if you hide behind the pillar. Without the -1 max hit attack it would be much to easy of a fight, so reducing it would take the challenge away!

As for the clones, the real one is different. I don't wanna give to much away, but just look what clone hits you last. I'm sure you'll find he is the one your looking for ;)

I wont say it is "easy", because I died myself 3 times (138 combat), but knowing what attacks he is going to use is more than half the key to winning. Avoiding both the mines and the 75 attack is a must or you will run out of food. And turn auto-retaliate off or you WILL die.

I'm intrigued; why must I have auto off? I found it to be helpful to avoid right clicking after eating.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!