11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

Done. I don't post ofen but I think this will help the ones that don't have soul split or 99s in combat stats, I'm gonna tell you my strategy.

I ranged him with ruby bolts (e) wearing full arma and used brews with restores. I prayed 15% range and 15% defense.

The first half of the fight was easy and arma really helped against his magic attack but when he changed to his ultimate spam melee attack it was hell. I had to brew a lot so I couldn't hit fast enought to the point that my tortoise killed him (no joke). My range level was 98 and 89 defense but if you range him all the way and change to melee gear at the last part it can be done even if you don´t have 90s in melee.

Even though I love quests and I hardly ever complain I have to say the battle was way to hard. If it wasn't for my high range level it would have been impossible for me to defeat him. I don't like the fact that Jagex somehow expect us to have 92 prayer and combat skillcapes to do it (or at least that's how I see it).

Btw,

[hide=question]He is still alive, right?[/hide]

I disagree. I don't have 92 prayer, and while I do have 99 attack and other relatively high combat levels, I don't feel it's as difficult as everyone believes. The battle is practically the entirety of the quest and as such it should be set appropriately. The rewards don't have any extreme game-changing effects that compel you to complete it for fear of lessened in comparison to other players (unlike the Temple at Senntisten). Perhaps this is rebound "quest-capers" were looking for; their cape is more intensely coveted.

But it is your opinion, I just thought I'd share mine. In addition, I might add that I thought the Decaying Avatar was more challenging than Nomad.

Really Laura? you must have stolen Nomads walking stick and showed him for the frail old man he is :-P

Censors indicate Troll. If it's that easy, why not upload a video of it to demonstrate that

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fought Nomad four times. He absolutely wrecked me twice, and the other two times I got him down to 1/4th of his HP. I just can't justify spending any more money on brews, restores, or sharks, so I'm gonna let this one go for a while. I'll try again when I get 92 Summoning and 92 Prayer. It's a good thing I don't usually wear my quest cape around.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I guess this is one of the best quests ever, true, actually it was quite short, not that hard puzzles, but the fights were quite different from anything before.

[Hide]

Even at max melee I had problems with Normad, but armadyl armour (great mage defence), sgs and a few ruby (e)'s every now and then helped me...

My 6th try was the successful one, while I only having 6hp left.

( <3 tortoises and rocktails )

[/Hide]

Wonder if there'll be a sequel one day, or maybe tie in with the mahjarrat quests...

...(remember that other time we "killed" a mahjarrat during a quest, a guy called Lucien or something?)

We've never killed a mahjarrat yet, and our human weapons I doubt will be much use either it's literally sticks against nukes

I do not agree with you SmellySocks,

Temple of Ikov spoiler:

[hide]If you side against Lucien in Temple of Ikov you DO actually kill Lucien, although he is able to resurrect himself and enter the realm once more.

(Thus being able to appear in other quests again)

[/hide]

Lpfreaky90:

Master of Quests, Attack, Fletching, Strength, Hitpoints and Defence

lpfreaky90.png

lpfreaky90.png

overloads + ruby bolts + yak of brews > nomad, took 1 try lol. used dat pro black d hide and eagle eye too :P

do you figure his master is zamorak or zaros? considering that there was what I think was an elite black knight suggests zamorak, but as far as I know he isn't really doing anything whereas zaros is very active atm which would suggest otherwie

[hide=for those with 1 hour lend on ags with 1 min left avatar has 1/4 hp]

If you reach the roots that heal the avatar before he does you can stop him from regaining it [/hide]

btw i died when i went afk to type this after almost redbarring the avatar...

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I guess this is one of the best quests ever, true, actually it was quite short, not that hard puzzles, but the fights were quite different from anything before.

[Hide]

Even at max melee I had problems with Normad, but armadyl armour (great mage defence), sgs and a few ruby (e)'s every now and then helped me...

My 6th try was the successful one, while I only having 6hp left.

( <3 tortoises and rocktails )

[/Hide]

Wonder if there'll be a sequel one day, or maybe tie in with the mahjarrat quests...

...(remember that other time we "killed" a mahjarrat during a quest, a guy called Lucien or something?)

We've never killed a mahjarrat yet, and our human weapons I doubt will be much use either it's literally sticks against nukes

I do not agree with you SmellySocks,

Temple of Ikov spoiler:

[hide]If you side against Lucien in Temple of Ikov you DO actually kill Lucien, although he is able to resurrect himself and enter the realm once more.

(Thus being able to appear in other quests again)

[/hide]

Yes but we do not actually kill him if he resurrects himself because he's in future quests but I guess it's the way you interpret the information, and besides I helped Lucien and the Armadyl guardians hate me for it :(

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

overloads + ruby bolts + yak of brews > nomad, took 1 try lol. used dat pro black d hide and eagle eye too :P

do you figure his master is zamorak or zaros? considering that there was what I think was an elite black knight suggests zamorak, but as far as I know he isn't really doing anything whereas zaros is very active atm which would suggest otherwie

I'm thinking it's Lucien, he has connections to the Elite's, they refer to their superior as their master, if it was Zamorak or even Zaros I would expect them to be referred to as God or Empty/Dark Lord. And judging from the conversation before the battle with Nomad, this person can actually come after him, so that rules out Zamorak because he can't return to Gielinor (for now atleast).

Edit - and of course, it can't be Zaros since the Elite's are a force of Zamorak. Why did I even mention Zaros :lol:

Also General Khazard can be killed, and hes a Mahjarrat. Not a strong Mahjarrat, but still one.

I slightly debate the death of him since he is hanging around in the Shadow realm. And I'm only speculating here, but the way the postbags and general information from in-game suggest, I reckon the Mahjarrat can only die from attending a ritual or from not attending enough of them to restore power and falling into the 'death sleep', the only Mahjarrat we can truly say have been killed are the ones noted by Zemoreugal. Khazard and Lucien are still around in some form or another.

I didn't find it hard to buy Saradomin Brews, Maybe (4) but not (3), they bought instantly at max.

Oh my. I've spent hours waiting for my G.E. order for several (4) dose to no avail. Changed it to buying (3) dose instead and had them instantly. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :thumbsup:

Xena_Dragon.png

Also General Khazard can be killed, and hes a Mahjarrat. Not a strong Mahjarrat, but still one.

I slightly debate the death of him since he is hanging around in the Shadow realm. And I'm only speculating here, but the way the postbags and general information from in-game suggest, I reckon the Mahjarrat can only die from attending a ritual or from not attending enough of them to restore power and falling into the 'death sleep', the only Mahjarrat we can truly say have been killed are the ones noted by Zemoreugal. Khazard and Lucien are still around in some form or another.

Noone knows how Palkeera died, to me it seems possible that she died in the godwars. Though they are not easy to kill as Hazeel is proof of.

namnlskopia.jpg

I can almost garuantee that this killed the sight of me in a quest cape for a more than decent amount of time :(

agreed. it looks like unless i manage to get 92 prayer, or get absurdly lucky with ruby bolts (Blowing mills on Brews in the process) I wont be doing this anytime soon, unless a cheaper soultion is found... Tis a shame, the huge prayer bonus of the cape would have been nice.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I can almost garuantee that this killed the sight of me in a quest cape for a more than decent amount of time :(

agreed. it looks like unless i manage to get 92 prayer, or get absurdly lucky with ruby bolts (Blowing mills on Brews in the process) I wont be doing this anytime soon, unless a cheaper soultion is found... Tis a shame, the huge prayer bonus of the cape would have been nice.

you could do it with a tort and melee pretty easily. soul split isn't required at all (i did without), and it only adds up to about 6 brews anyways. just remember your magic def

Great Quest ~ Here is a picture of my set-up I killed the Nomad on my second try. First try I took a bunyip which was silly of me. Second try took a Pack Yak with full inventory of rocktails.

[hide]

1zednhu.jpg

Picture of my ( noob )set up. :cool: - plus 1 super attack,def and strength, 3 super restores, rest rocktails in inventory.Used Soul Split & Turmoil for my prayer... Ended up with 1 rocktail left. :thumbup:

15n4thj.jpg

an0nqp.jpg

Was a fun quest only thing I found boring about the quest was killing the Avatar took to long and was way toooo boring. At least reading Tip.it kept me entertained. :smile: [/hide]

queenvalerie.png

He cabbage cabbaging hits a cabbage cabbaging 98.

Cabbage my cabbage with a cabbage on Monday!

At 89 hitpoints you'd be hoping on chance that your last extra rocktail hitpoint didn't expire.

Requirement 90 hp I'd say.

No cabbaging way I'm getting this quest done this quarter!

CABBAGE!

He cabbage cabbaging hits a cabbage cabbaging 98.

Cabbage my cabbage with a cabbage on Monday!

At 89 hitpoints you'd be hoping on chance that your last extra rocktail hitpoint didn't expire.

Requirement 90 hp I'd say.

No cabbaging way I'm getting this quest done this quarter!

CABBAGE!

It's a HP to 1 attack. If you only have 85 HP max, that attack will hit 84.

td2sig.jpg

Just wonder, what exactly is the story in this quest? I know its basically 'go kill Nomad' or whatever, but I'd like a little more depth

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

Well this quest is going to keep my Quest Cape in the depths of my bank for a long time, bravo JagEx =D>

The closest I managed to get was on my first try in which I used whip + torags plate and legs with a combination of sharks, brews and restores in my inventory and I managed to take him down to 1/4 hp before I ran out of food and met a rather sticky end.

I have tried ranging him with ruby bolts (e) and got him down to 50% health before I died. I survived much longer than if I were to melee him because I had D'hide equipped however my terrible range level meant I didn't deal much damage so I personally wouldn't recommend ranging him unless you're probably at least level 85 in range, maybe even 90. However ranged is probably the best option because it removes his melee attack from the equation therefore you last longer.

I think, after spending 3m on gear for this quest I am going to have to admit defeat for now and say well played JagEx, you've made the Quest Cape one of the most respectable capes in the game =D> (Until someone works out a strategy so that anyone can do it anyway :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

How ironic, I was talking in the Hyt chat last night about hoping for a quest to come out tomorrow so I can get 99 Defence. Which makes me ponder, how much exp would I get for 100 Zeal at 98 Def?

AND FINALLY! I can have a Soul Wars cape.

Popoto.~<3

How ironic, I was talking in the Hyt chat last night about hoping for a quest to come out tomorrow so I can get 99 Defence. Which makes me ponder, how much exp would I get for 100 Zeal at 98 Def?

AND FINALLY! I can have a Soul Wars cape.

According to Runescript you'd get 924k defence xp with 100 Zeal Points, not too shabby for a quest reward :^_^:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

My point is that making a quest solely around a really hard boss fight is dumb. And unoriginal. And they've already made GM quests look like just another level. Oh and it apparently has little story or reveals any backstory/history of anything.

So seriously? What's the point? This should've been some kind of elite level miniquest or minigame or something. Making it a full blown quest is, as Magzar put it... Gayyy.

I seem to notice that you complain alot at newer quests saying how they're not "up to par" yet you still seem to use guides when doing them. Alright so maybe this quest didn't really require much of a guide, but if you have a boss who has skills never before seen in Runescape I'm pretty sure it can be considered grandmaster.

Go do the [bleep] quest and stop complaining.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Just wonder, what exactly is the story in this quest? I know its basically 'go kill Nomad' or whatever, but I'd like a little more depth

[hide] Here's the story in a nutshell: Imp is wondering what Nomad is up to. So he has you investigate and you sneak into his lair and find him confronting a few black knight elites (ones from WGS). They say that Nomad betrayed their master, implying that Nomad once worked for lucien but is trying to find a way to defeat him. Anway after that he tells you to GTFO, but you say no, do a bunch of puzzles, and knock him off that throne of his (which is the subterannean bottom part of the soul obelisk, from where Nomad absorbs souuuulsssss).

Which reminds me...

2astaroth.jpg

Kinda looks like nomad, doesn't it?

[/hide]