11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

[hide] Here's the story in a nutshell: Imp is wondering what Nomad is up to. So he has you investigate and you sneak into his lair and find him confronting a few black knight elites (ones from WGS). They say that Nomad betrayed their master, implying that Nomad once worked for lucien but is trying to find a way to defeat him. Anway after that he tells you to GTFO, but you say no, do a bunch of puzzles, and knock him off that throne of his (which is the subterannean bottom part of the soul obelisk, from where Nomad absorbs souuuulsssss). [/hide]

[hide]Do I smell a new band of "heroes" against lucien for the WGS sequel?

Kuradal + Nomad +??? [/hide]

Naaxi.png

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide] Here's the story in a nutshell: Imp is wondering what Nomad is up to. So he has you investigate and you sneak into his lair and find him confronting a few black knight elites (ones from WGS). They say that Nomad betrayed their master, implying that Nomad once worked for lucien but is trying to find a way to defeat him. Anway after that he tells you to GTFO, but you say no, do a bunch of puzzles, and knock him off that throne of his (which is the subterannean bottom part of the soul obelisk, from where Nomad absorbs souuuulsssss). [/hide]

[hide]Do I smell a new band of "heroes" against lucien for the WGS sequel?

Kuradal + Nomad +??? [/hide]

Zaros, and -Peronix-.. Soul Calibur is win! Astaroth RAWR!!!!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

maybe this is just me, but I used overloads, zammy spear on stab, and a tort with brews and killed him my first try with plenty left overs.

Just a suggestion to use zammy spear on stab if you have on, seems to work well :smile:

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

[hide=]

Done. I don't post ofen but I think this will help the ones that don't have soul split or 99s in combat stats, I'm gonna tell you my strategy.

I ranged him with ruby bolts (e) wearing full arma and used brews with restores. I prayed 15% range and 15% defense.

The first half of the fight was easy and arma really helped against his magic attack but when he changed to his ultimate spam melee attack it was hell. I had to brew a lot so I couldn't hit fast enought to the point that my tortoise killed him (no joke). My range level was 98 and 89 defense but if you range him all the way and change to melee gear at the last part it can be done even if you don´t have 90s in melee.

Even though I love quests and I hardly ever complain I have to say the battle was way to hard. If it wasn't for my high range level it would have been impossible for me to defeat him. I don't like the fact that Jagex somehow expect us to have 92 prayer and combat skillcapes to do it (or at least that's how I see it).

Btw,

[hide=question]He is still alive, right?[/hide]

I disagree. I don't have 92 prayer, and while I do have 99 attack and other relatively high combat levels, I don't feel it's as difficult as everyone believes. The battle is practically the entirety of the quest and as such it should be set appropriately. The rewards don't have any extreme game-changing effects that compel you to complete it for fear of lessened in comparison to other players (unlike the Temple at Senntisten). Perhaps this is rebound "quest-capers" were looking for; their cape is more intensely coveted.

But it is your opinion, I just thought I'd share mine. In addition, I might add that I thought the Decaying Avatar was more challenging than Nomad.

[/hide]

Really Laura? you must have stolen Nomads walking stick and showed him for the frail old man he is :-P

Censors indicate Troll. If it's that easy, why not upload a video of it to demonstrate that

Who? Myself or Smelly? I don't believe Smelly to be a troll (as much as he may smell like one :P) and my comment was not in efforts to elicit an emotion from any reader. I am simply saying that I was slightly disappointed by the battle. You do not lose items upon death, making there little if any danger-the only cost being the restoration of barrows armour and the consumable concoctions in your inventory. The video shown early on in the quest gave the quester subtle yet helpful clues in the challenge to come later on. For instance, the ice barrage casted by Nomad should have indicated that ranged might prove useful in the battle. As such, I wore Armadyl to the battle after realizing from the helpful players at Soul Wars that you spawned right outside of the tent. One should have also noticed the distinct hit of 98 on the Elite Archer. Why 98? Would 99 not be more potent and perhaps offer a cleaner kill? Armed with rocktails, diamond bolts, a ZGS and finely crafted ranger's armour I went into the battle. It lasted only seconds, however, as I tripped one of his bombs while he lashed out a 75. Clearly Saradomin brews must more effective, then. I went back in, this time avoiding the incendiary devices and keeping my health well above 80. It just so happened that when he was amassing his signature 98 hit I was potted to 115HP. After I learned all of these moves, the battle was easy and I did not need a second trip back below the hallowed ground. I enjoyed the fact that Jagex added in these little inklings within the story line but I was disappointed at how quick it was. If you could offer me any advice on how to redo the battle I would be more than happy to test out several methods. I do wonder how well vengeance would work there. Forgive me, but I usually do quests to gain a reward or as a break from Castle Wars; my intent is usually not to prove to a handful of users that I am able to complete it.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

For those saying the Decayed Avatar is taking too long, here's the method I used which took me about 5 minutes to kill him including him restoring his health once:

[hide]

- Equip the best melee offensive gear you have (I used whip + defender).

- Take several (5+ to be safe) prayer potions (perhaps a holy wrench too).

- I also brought a Fire Titan but he wasn't overly useful as he pretty much always splashed but it's up to you.

- Head into where he's lurking and take a sip of Super Strength and Attack.

- Now if you can, go full screen, if not pan the camera to ground level so you can see as much of the room as possible.

- Turn on protect from melee and piety and attack him. He attacks melee only so while you're fighting keep scanning the room for roots (For me they sprung up in the NW Corner, then SE, then NE).

- When a root appears the Avatar will move slightly in the direction of the root, once you can see it click on it to destroy it. You will only destroy it if you get there first so make sure you're paying attention.

- You have very little time to react to the 3rd root (which is where I tripped up) so make sure the moment you see it you destroy it.

- The roots only appear 3 times so after the third one he wont heal again so you're free to kill him :^_^:

Good luck![/hide]

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

A few questions about Nomad.

How high does he hit normally, without his teleport/freeze/98 attack?

Do you get a grave, and is it easy to get back to?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Against Nomad, Ruby (e) caps at 75.

Trying to safespot him while he's using his melee spam attack results in him gaining full hitpoints.

I've failed two times so far from running out of food. I got him to pretty low hp, I was using Range and Ruby Bolts. Might try that Z Spear mention, but without supplies so if it fails I won't lose anything. I used rocktails, 38 of them. Will try Brews+Sup Res next.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

He normally will hit 0-30 when not using the special attacks, and if you die (not 100% positive) but i'm pretty sure that you spawn in the soul wars lobby with your grave next to you

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

I DID IT@@@@@@@@@@@@@

After getting killed 5 times, I got him with 1 brew dose to spare on the 6th try. :)

Overall, this quest took me about the same amount of time as WGS.

Made a video aswell. :P

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

He normally will hit 0-30 when not using the special attacks, and if you die (not 100% positive) but i'm pretty sure that you spawn in the soul wars lobby with your grave next to you

So it's just a matter of out damaging him I guess. Just about 66 mining then time to give it a go.

Edit: does he have any other special attacks besides the "hit 1 below your hp" one? I've seen the other one where he clones himself and you have to hit them until you find him, but anything else I should look out for?

It sounds like such a fun quest to try. Does he have high defence? If so, would BGs special be any good for the start of the battle, then use the special again at the end to finish him off?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

So it's just a matter of out damaging him I guess. Just about 66 mining then time to give it a go.

Edit: does he have any other special attacks besides the "hit 1 below your hp" one? I've seen the other one where he clones himself and you have to hit them until you find him, but anything else I should look out for?

He has one other special attack where a bunch of red "bomb" type things fall from the sky in a circle around you... he pauses for ~3 second and then hits you for 75 damage

No danger = no difficulty. And there is no danger here.

So it becomes like any video game with a ridiculously hard boss and a save game feature.

It was fun to do the fight, to figure it out. But a grandmaster quest that is based nearly entirely around a tough fight should have some danger. And this one has none.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

He has one other special attack where a bunch of red "bomb" type things fall from the sky in a circle around you... he pauses for ~3 second and then hits you for 75 damage

Hmm, doesn't sound to bad. Just got last level needed for quest, I'll give it a go in a little while. Thanks for the info.

So it becomes like any video game with a ridiculously hard boss and a save game feature.

It was fun to do the fight, to figure it out. But a grandmaster quest that is based nearly entirely around a tough fight should have some danger. And this one has none.

Hmmm, if a quest MUST involve danger to be classed as Grand Master, why not do it on a pvp world for kicks? Danger right there for you.

So I'm going to re-attempt this later (failed 4 times already)

What seems to be the best way of taking him down? (Which attack style?) What type of defense armor should I wear? What should I pray and should I bring mostly brews, or mostly sharks?

Thanks guys. Congratulations to everyone that has completed this already, quite a feat.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

Hmmm, if a quest MUST involve danger to be classed as Grand Master, why not do it on a pvp world for kicks? Danger right there for you.

The snide answer would be "because PvP sucks" (which is generally true), but also that would involve too many variables for Jagex to control the difficulty (clans would have a huge advantage, etc.)

I'm not saying you should have lost all your stuff or anything, but I do think some penalty aside from a few lost supplies would have been good.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

What seems to be the best way of taking him down? (Which attack style?) What type of defense armor should I wear? What should I pray and should I bring mostly brews, or mostly sharks?

Thanks guys. Congratulations to everyone that has completed this already, quite a feat.

My recommendations:

One overload pot, several super restores and several regular restores, and a ton of Sara brews. Put brews in a yak, set your left-click on "Take BoB".

Wear d hide and your best stuff that will show up in a gravestone. Turn on Soul Split and Turmoil and have at him. Use brews liberally, restoring with the restore pots and super restores as needed.

Do that and you should be fine.

signew2.png

First we whine because we need another Grandmaster and then we whine because this one is too much combat. Take the quest for what it's worth and be glad we got an update this week that wasn't something like another In Pyre Need to start the year off. I remember the people who whined that WGS was too long... :wall:

@dzihouchan and Laura convo

She is not trying to troll I can assure you that; now maybe you are but that's another story. By picking up on the clues at the very beginning of the quest the fight as not all that hard. Most people that do quests are only in it for the reward and didn't bother to pay attention to this and therefore had to experiment with inventories to complete the fight. Furthermore, due to the reward leak the majority of the people doing this quest first off were the avid questers, who aren't typically very high combat with very good gear. So yes if you're well prepared and know what is going on you're going to do better. On the other hand, saying it was easier than praying melee and smacking hits on something you could have watched videos while doing is just plain unprofessional. In no way, shape or form is the Avatar fight easier than the Nomad fight. With this and this alone is where you are wrong and perhaps misleading to some players. However, now that the quest has been out for over 12 hours, the people doing it now or later will watch videos or read very rough guides on the matter. Making it so that a statement like that won't get you flamed for being so off par.

@Abe

It was tough for us who did it within the first few hours with little advice or idea what was going to happen when we entered that room.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

The snide answer would be "because PvP sucks" (which is generally true), but also that would involve too many variables for Jagex to control the difficulty (clans would have a huge advantage, etc.)

I'm not saying you should have lost all your stuff or anything, but I do think some penalty aside from a few lost supplies would have been good.

Well, Jagex could make it into a instanced quest area for PvP worlds, just an idea. I think Nomad is kinda like Corporeal beast, it's a strong monster that has too many hp's and protection prayers are pretty much useless. I would think it would be a interesting idea if Jagex made gravestones not appear on death within the area, and have to loot within 2 minutes. Now that'll be 'risk'

My recommendations:

One overload pot, several super restores and several regular restores, and a ton of Sara brews. Put brews in a yak, set your left-click on "Take BoB".

Wear d hide and your best stuff that will show up in a gravestone. Turn on Soul Split and Turmoil and have at him. Use brews liberally, restoring with the restore pots and super restores as needed.

Do that and you should be fine.

Don't have overloads, so I guess I'll just pot up before I go there. Do you think I should take some sharks? Also, is mage def the best way to go? (Armadyl, black dhide?)

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png