11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

Am I lame because I found the puzzles rather annoying and hard? :unsure:

Yes. They were really quite simple to figure out.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat Nomad, first try.

I used full Void, a Zamorakian Spear, fire cape, Zerker (i), Fury, and D boots. I brought 10 s. restores and 36 brews (counting turtle). I ended with 11.5 brews and .75 s. restores. Used Turmoil + Soul Split the entire fight.

Here's a massively helpful tip:

When he says "let's try something interesting" run your [wagon] off to escape before he circles you with mines. Take refuge behind the south-westernmost pillar, and he will run over to you and engage you in melee. After a few rounds, he teleports to the center and says "You can't hide from this" or something to that effect and uses his 75 damage attack. If you stand behind the pillar, it will hit the pillar and splash. Then run out into the center and start fighting him again, because if you spend too much time hiding, the battle will end and you will have to start over.

td2sig.jpg

The boss is darn overkill!

I'm not complaining really because i havn't had this much fun doing a quest in a long time but they just made him to powerful. Most of the people who've i've seen do it either were extremely lucky or had turmoil/soul split. Its almost imposible to get him any other way.

Going on my 8th trip now, i've tried brews, rocks, range, gs, wip, and spent almost 3m so far. He just won't die!

There are three things they could do.

#1 make it so mage pray won't fully block his 98 spec attack but at least reduce it to half.

#2 when he clones make one that is slightly different then the others so its not just based blindly on luck

and #3, this one really annoys me, stop him from fully healing if you are behind a pillar! I was so close to killing him had him down to 1/5 after his heal, only to lag and go behind a pillar so i wouldn't die. When my con got restored guess what. full health and me with only 6 brews left! Have him heal faster then normal or something but just jumping right to full makes him impossible for anyone will a ban connection.

for thos interested I have found a good ranging stratagy but it takes great timeing. He only heals after he shout for the third time "face me" so in that time you can go behind a pillar heal up. When tort is empty switch to an uni and go behind the pillar to heal so you don't waste combat time. But if you lag then its pretty much game over.

Tomrrow i'm gonna see if i can get a z spear loan and hope that some super rests sell. until then have fun trying to beat him.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

The pillar trick certainly seems to be the best way for lower levels to do it (and by lower I mean those below maxed stats and above 120cmb :P). Wearing D'hide and meleeing him with a whip and 3/4 invent of monkfish as a trial run I managed to take of about 1/3 of his health before I accidentally got hit by his 75 damage attack because I lagged and perished with half and invent of Monks left. :wall:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

brews/restores wont buy at max...great... :wall:

also, does anyone suggest using sharks + pet inv at nomads?

You wont get anywhere close to killing him with full inv/summon of sharks.

This fight definitely needs brews/restores.

24zzxw3.gif

Wow. What a fight. Probably the only really hard fight I've had to do in RS.

Anyway, I still haven't finished it, and some random experiments that I've had (that failed miserably):

1) Bad idea to just use an AGS. Bring it for the specs and then switch to the whip.

2) This fight almost craves rocktail, so bring some. It's cheaper than the Brew+Restore combo.

3) BoB familiars are almost a must at this point.

4) Those with Soul Split have the easiest time; those without it will be in for some dire straits. If you can't succeed, then your best bet is to stop before you run out of equipment. and go back to your cash cow for a while.

5) If you don't have Soul Split and you're not on curses, Piety is your best option. If you're on curses, then use your Sap spells (leech take a turn out of combat, or so it seems).

6) Explosives on the ground? Hightail it to a pillar and dodge him for a little while.

7) Think the pillar is safe? You stick around there too long and he'll heal himself up to max, ruining all of that hard work.

8) Relax. It's not an impossible task.

Okay, that's all I've got. Major kudos to Jagex for this quest boss; easily the hardest one to date. I can only imagine what our next Grandmaster boss fight would be like...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Wow. What a fight. Probably the only really hard fight I've had to do in RS.

Anyway, I still haven't finished it, and some random experiments that I've had (that failed miserably):

1) Bad idea to just use an AGS. Bring it for the specs and then switch to the whip.

2) This fight almost craves rocktail, so bring some. It's cheaper than the Brew+Restore combo.

3) BoB familiars are almost a must at this point.

4) Those with Soul Split have the easiest time; those without it will be in for some dire straits. If you can't succeed, then your best bet is to stop before you run out of equipment. and go back to your cash cow for a while.

5) If you don't have Soul Split and you're not on curses, Piety is your best option. If you're on curses, then use your Sap spells (leech take a turn out of combat, or so it seems).

6) Explosives on the ground? Hightail it to a pillar and dodge him for a little while.

7) Think the pillar is safe? You stick around there too long and he'll heal himself up to max, ruining all of that hard work.

8) Relax. It's not an impossible task.

Okay, that's all I've got. Major kudos to Jagex for this quest boss; easily the hardest one to date. I can only imagine what our next Grandmaster boss fight would be like...

Just to add to that, he is weak to stab. Also, void is the best possible gear if you melee him, because the strength/accuracy bonuses are roughly equivalent to Bandos, and it has 2 less magic defense than Black D Hide. If you have Turmoil, I highly recommend you use a Z spear + Void instead of ranging him. He deals too much damage too often (and you damage yourself) to wait for ruby specs to knock his HP down. Slow and steady...

td2sig.jpg

I think too many people are bragging about how "easy" this is.

Its far from easy. I barely made it with 1 brew dose left.

Dont say its hard and then change your mind after you kill him, saying he was easy.

Makes you look arrogant. :P

Ive wanted a soul wars cape since they released soul wars, so I love the reward.

I also have enough zeal for an abyssal demon now (97 zeal after quest). Just need the head...

We also got a new respawn point which drops you almost right by edgeville.

How cant you like the rewards?

The quest seems interesting, but the item reward is a nice way to ruin other rewards.

Yeah, kind of like how the Ardougne Cape made the fire cape obsolete for Corp, and Godswords made the whip obsolete for most boss hunting. :rolleyes: Maybe we should just take out everything past rune armor and we can all have fun!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Dont say its hard and then change your mind after you kill him, saying he was easy.

Ive wanted a soul wars cape since they released soul wars, so I love the reward.

I also have enough zeal for an abyssal demon now (97 zeal after quest). Just need the head...

Even though I beat him on my first try, he was most definitely not easy. There is no other quest boss fight like this. I was cavalier with my brew/restore ratio, so I nearly ran out of restores at the end. In addition, there were two instances where I was almost KOed once he started doing the 2x melee berserk. My biggest piece of advice is to take cover when he lays mines. Too many people tank his 75 damage attack, and as a result they struggle to beat him before they run out of brews.

td2sig.jpg

[hide=yay, quest completed]

yaymp.png

rewardy.png[/hide]

Im probably the first here to actually do them with sharks only. :smile:

brews/restores wont buy at max...great... :wall:

also, does anyone suggest using sharks + pet inv at nomads?

You wont get anywhere close to killing him with full inv/summon of sharks.

This fight definitely needs brews/restores.

ORLY?!?! :twss:

Even though I beat him on my first try, he was most definitely not easy. There is no other quest boss fight like this. I was cavalier with my brew/restore ratio, so I nearly ran out of restores at the end. In addition, there were two instances where I was almost KOed once he started doing the 2x melee berserk. My biggest piece of advice is to take cover when he lays mines. Too many people tank his 75 damage attack, and as a result they struggle to beat him before they run out of brews.

I'm definitely going to try the pillar thing. Tomorrow, of course. I've died four too many times today. <_<

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I tanked all his 75 hits and 95 hits on me. :P

There is also a path out of the mine field. Heard about some people who ran to take cover from the 75 then ran over the mines and got ko'ed.