11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

^To Soul^

D hide should be fine, i'd suggest using a zammy spear on stab also

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder... why did jagex focus a quest so tightly on soul wars? It looks like theyre incorporating minigames into quests now, like that one quest that required a barrows run to obtain an object. but it's not like soul wars was devoid of players. I can understand if they incorporated a minigame like Trouble Brewing or some other completely abandoned minigame to help renew interest, but soul wars? why?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

i wonder... why did jagex focus a quest so tightly on soul wars? It looks like theyre incorporating minigames into quests now, like that one quest that required a barrows run to obtain an object. but it's not like soul wars was devoid of players. I can understand if they incorporated a minigame like Trouble Brewing or some other completely abandoned minigame to help renew interest, but soul wars? why?

I would say they used Soul Wars because Nomad was a mysterious character. They used Barrows in Temple because the Super Barriows Bros. were made to stay there by a zarosian mahjarat therefore has a useful back story. The only story that Trouble Brewing has is there's rum to be rummed and shipped, gots to have me rum!

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Is it true, if you die fighting nomad, you spawn at soul wars bank next to your grave? :blink:

Yep. Which is why this big bad boss fight has no teeth.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Many of the minigames are implied to have backstories as to make them work in the Runescape world....having a random activity be some sort of game doesn't make practical sense if it's your life. Gut feeling says that Stealing Creation is due for some kind of closure this year, what with Zaros preparing for his big comeback. Hopefully he fares better than the other aging celebrities.

8f14270694.jpg

Any suggestions on the big nomad fight for those of us who cant use yaks or overloads and combats stats are around the 85+ area?

Well, other then go train cause thats not exactly helpful atm now is it? lol

[hide=Stats]

Sammii_Angel.png

[/hide]

1-1-1.jpg

Quest Cape Owner♥

~Sammii Angel / Xienica

Any suggestions on the big nomad fight for those of us who cant use yaks or overloads and combats stats are around the 85+ area?

Try ranging with ruby (e) using the best beast you can summon filled with sara (4)'s, lots of restore, super restore and ranging pots.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Gf quest cape, I'll come back when I stop failing at boss fighting :( .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I just killed that awful boss after quite some tries. I wore full arma +bgs, and inventory + turtle full of brews and restores (not super restores). bascially tanked the thing to death. took 40 brews and managed to get the last hit in with 9 hp...but w00t, it's done.

For lower levels, from my exp at so many tries at the thing, there is hope for you all. Since I was brewing so much most of the time my maxed out melee stats were around the 80s or lower. I think it is definitely possible for you guys. If you have high range (my 83 ranged + pot didnt work too well..), ruby e seems to do wonders. Also, a whip + defender would prob be a better choice than a gs because of the speed and the fact that you can get your defender back from the grave.

There is also a lot of luck factor involved in this particular boss, ie. a huge fluctuation on how many brews I was burning to get say 1/2 of Nomad's hp down just based on how lucky your hit gets. So if you fail the first time, definitely try try again! And for the last part where he just madly melees you, remember to keep at least 1 pray pot/super restore for that because at that point prayer WILL do you good.

Bascially, if a ~lvl 110 player with at least a terrorbird or better gets very efficient at clicking brews and restores without panicking, they can definitely do it. oh yeah, keep a calm head in this battle is the key. gl to all.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I'm unsure why Jagex created a Boss this hard.. Yes it presents a challenge. But it also takes up alot of money and resources. I don't really want to be shelling out 100k a pop for a chance to beat a boss.

The quest up till now.. Well.. What exactly was the point of the water puzzles?I'd love to know how some water managed to shut off those generator things.. Where are those spectral ghosts from, why are they there, how could those elemental things power up a forcefield. Why on EARTH does praying piety protect you from choking smoke when a facemask doesn't?

This entire quest is ludicrous. Jagex really must have been smoking something when they thought "hey I know, let's take that minigame that everyone hates and has helped to ruin combat training and make a grandmaster quest out of it.." I''d also like the appalling 20 minutes that I had to spend playing Soul Wars back please.

2010 has started with a fizzle. (imo)

asrhasrh.jpg

Considering the quest is short, it's perfectly fine to have a horribly difficult boss fight in there. If you solo/duo corp, this is just a normal fight. Also, it's a good thing there are gravestones. The fight itself is challenge enough, and I'm assuming Jagex knew that fact (for some reason) and decided it was fair to let players use their best gear without fear of having to lose it upon death.

guido_49.png

Try ranging with ruby (e) using the best beast you can summon filled with sara (4)'s, lots of restore, super restore and ranging pots.

I've been trying that. Tort full of brews, 6 or 7 super restores seems to be fine with 2 range pots and ive tryed bringing a whip with me since i've heard its good to use for when he's low hp's and melees fast but i always seem to run out of brews just after hes healed back to 1/2 hps. 8 attemps so far and alot of wasted cash on pots. My range isn't too high at only 80 so although the ruby(e) is helpful it doesnt seem to be effective enough unless the spec goes off.....

[hide=Stats]

Sammii_Angel.png

[/hide]

1-1-1.jpg

Quest Cape Owner♥

~Sammii Angel / Xienica

I'm unsure why Jagex created a Boss this hard.. Yes it presents a challenge. But it also takes up alot of money and resources. I don't really want to be shelling out 100k a pop for a chance to beat a boss.

The quest up till now.. Well.. What exactly was the point of the water puzzles?I'd love to know how some water managed to shut off those generator things.. Where are those spectral ghosts from, why are they there, how could those elemental things power up a forcefield. Why on EARTH does praying piety protect you from choking smoke when a facemask doesn't?

This entire quest is ludicrous. Jagex really must have been smoking something when they thought "hey I know, let's take that minigame that everyone hates and has helped to ruin combat training and make a grandmaster quest out of it.." I''d also like the appalling 20 minutes that I had to spend playing Soul Wars back please.

2010 has started with a fizzle. (imo)

This is a first start of a new (or linking) quest line. We don't know for sure what faction nomad is, so all may be explained in due time. He sounds like he is a true nomad and neither Zamorkian nor Zarosian. As for why the generators were broken, typically water and electricity don't go to well together.

Nobody said quest fights should ever be easy. But once you understand the boss, he isn't to hard and its easy to deflect most of the main damage.

For those having trouble, I have compiled all of nomads "special abilities" in this list which should help minimize damage during the fight. Also keep in mind protection prayers do nothing, so focus your prayers on offensive abilities such as piety. If you have soul split/curses use them.

[hide]

Beginning Talk Sequence

Attack 1 = Basic Attacks (He can hit up to 30)

Attack 2 = Mine Field. He will drop mines around you. At this time RUN from him toward the entrance you came in. DO NOT step on the mines or you will take 40 damage. You have about 10-15 seconds to run from him. Go to the 2nd farthest pillar on the side of the room from him and hide behind it.

Attack 3 = He uses his magic attack that hits 75. If you are hiding behind the 2nd to last (or last) pillar from him (hide on the wall side of the pillar away from him) you will not take ANY damage. He will then run up to you and tell you to stop hiding.

Attack 4 = Engage him or he will go to the center and heal. Continue fighting until he teleports away. He will make 3 copies of himself. Watch the copies attacks, and the one that attacks last is the real nomad. Attack the nomad that attacks you last and the copies will vanish. Continue to kill him.

Attack 5 = Ice barrage. He will freeze you in the center of the room. At this point heal to maximum HP. You MUST be at full (or higher) health or you will die. He hits your maximum HP level -1. So if your normal HP level is 90, and your currently 85 hp, he will hit 89 hp and kill you.

After he hits you in attack 5, there is a 10 second pause and the cycle will repeat over again starting at attack 1.

Once you get him down to 1/4 HP, he will heal himself to half health. Continue Fighting.

Once you get him to 1/4 HP after he heals, he will use a new attack (and not the attacks listed above).

Attack 6 = Rapid Spin. He will spin his wand at throwing knife speed and can hit up to 20. Watch your hitpoints, and eat as needed. Finish him off... or so you think... and enjoy the remaining cutscene.

[/hide]

dawnsigblue-3.png

Considering the quest is short, it's perfectly fine to have a horribly difficult boss fight in there. If you solo/duo corp, this is just a normal fight. Also, it's a good thing there are gravestones. The fight itself is challenge enough, and I'm assuming Jagex knew that fact (for some reason) and decided it was fair to let players use their best gear without fear of having to lose it upon death.

I think Nomad might be harder than corp in a lot of ways..

1. corp don't have a freaking attack that hits you for 98 that you have no way of dodging or praying against

2. corp doesn't lay landmines that hits 40s around you

3. corp doesn't make clones of itself -.-

4. corp doesn't magically heal 1/4 of its hp

5. you can actually run from corp, there is just no way out of the boss room after you start the battle.

6. corp doesn't go berserk and hits like nuts with 1/4 of its hp left

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I think Nomad might be harder than corp in a lot of ways..

1. corp don't have a freaking attack that hits you for 98 that you have no way of dodging or praying against

2. corp doesn't lay landmines that hits 40s around you

3. corp doesn't make clones of itself -.-

4. corp doesn't magically heal 1/4 of its hp

5. you can actually run from corp, there is just no way out of the boss room after you start the battle.

6. corp doesn't go berserk and hits like nuts with 1/4 of its hp left

Corp has higher defense, a damage reducer, 2k HP, cores, and can only be damaged with a stab weapon. Nomad doesn't even compare.

guido_49.png

Is it true, if you die fighting nomad, you spawn at soul wars bank next to your grave? :blink:

Think about this for a second, though. I've judged from reading on many forums that most people require three or more deaths before they are able to beat him. If you lost your items every time, it would be extremely frustrating for many, many people. As it is, you spend quite a bit on supplies for each attempt.

td2sig.jpg

Wait what? Are you seriously trying to say that every boss i've ever faced in every console game i've ever played - through hours and hours of hair pulling with some of them - that none of them were a challenge simply because you could reload and try again? What a load of crap...

Think about this for a second, though. I've judged from reading on many forums that most people require three or more deaths before they are able to beat him. If you lost your items every time, it would be extremely frustrating for many, many people. As it is, you spend quite a bit on supplies for each attempt.

They wouldn't necessarily have had to make it so you lose all your items. But right now you lose *none* of your items.

It's quite possible to kill him using inexpensive gear. If you kept your standard three or four items then it would have been quite doable.

This is supposed to be a "grandmaster" quest, and let's face it -- the quest itself was rather weak. The only real challenge was supposed to be the guy at the end. Only there *isn't* much of a challenge, you just throw some potions at him and down he goes in a couple of tries.

Also consider how well this quest will "wear" over a couple of years. I mean, there was a time when beating TzTok-Jad was considered a major accomplishment, and now guys do it with rubber chickens. After a year or two of additional updates this quest is not going to age well..

signew2.png

You people who call it easy or not punishing enough have extremely high stats with exceptional bonuses given at certain levels.

I have the following stats:

97 attack

99 strength

95 defense

99 Hitpoints

82 Prayer

87 Magic

90 Ranged

89 Summoning

72 Herblore

Combat 133

I used veracs, fury, fire cape, barrows gloves, dragon boots, berserker ring and 34 rocktails with a couple brews and super restores. (used war tortoise)

I couldn't even get him to heal himself back to half hp. (aka get him to 1/5)

Seems to be very luck based to me. It also seems that those that beat it don't have balanced combat stats or have some exceptional advantage****. Soul split/turmoil/high or maxed mage for better mage def/maxed range/96 summoning/high herblore for overload or extremes.

The fact that my stats are a little more balanced doesn't help me.