11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

Do you need to have all the reqs to start the quest. I'd probably be screwed anyway. My combats are only 75 apart from prayer which is 61. :wall:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that making a quest solely around a really hard boss fight is dumb. And unoriginal. And they've already made GM quests look like just another level. Oh and it apparently has little story or reveals any backstory/history of anything.

So seriously? What's the point? This should've been some kind of elite level miniquest or minigame or something. Making it a full blown quest is, as Magzar put it... Gayyy.

Care to explain what a 'good' quest would be like?

Hard puzzles- Check.

(Very) hard boss- Check.

Good reward- Check (that cape is awesome :).)

High requirements- Well, perhaps not high enough, but still over medicore.

What would you like to do in a quest? Act as a deilievery girl for 3 hours? Oh wait, you've complained about that aswell.

You're just never pleased.

Oh /facepalm. Just saw a vid of a guy using soul split. Why the hell didn't I think of that... prayer don't work lol and I was using protection prayers the whole time.

Oh well, at least I beat him anyway.

There are a few videos that show the fight if you want to know what to expect at Nomad ;) this one is sped up

two flaws with the video 1) robbie williams song 2) is it doesnt show the inv.

He uses a zammy spear that might be a good option though ;) if you're super desperate maybe Statius hammer could help :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cHz5-w22qM another link

just toy with set ups etc see what works for you, but defence lowering gear such as stat hammer or bgs could make a world of difference for people with the lack of yak etc

I apologise in advance, link 1 is robbie williams, link 2 is S-club-7, so either way deal with it and I see Runescapew44 in one of those videos, can't stay away from the cameras can we Mr Smither?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

After 7 deaths I finally killed him (after changing my gear to something with higher magic defence):

[hide=spoiler]nomad.png

reward:

nomadsquest.png

The cape (you can have it in red or blue):

soulcape.png

[/hide]

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

[hide]Where do I find the "roots" I have to cut for the avatar to appear? all I see are bushes =S[/hide]

:unsure:

You'll see them when the time is right, and congratulations Sunli

[hide]Where do I find the "roots" I have to cut for the avatar to appear? all I see are bushes =S[/hide]

[hide]I killed the eletric elemental thingy and the line from that room stopped glowing. and I solved the Water flowing puzzle and the machine is still working... looked all around that room yet I saw noo roots[/hide]

Did I miss something? <_<

Chell_J.png

Wowzers. Good fight quest cape. That last boss really isn't fair; he's a soul wars noob :P

[hide]

According to RSOF, 99 hp is not a requirement, as the attack only hits your hp-1.

Has anyone found a good way to fight Nomad? Strategy or not, I'm going to be pwned.

[/hide]

So I hear people with maxed/near-maxed combat are having difficulties with the nomad fight. Anyone reckon I stand a chance with my stats, or should I go train a whole lot more?

(Attack 85, Strength 87, Defence 85, Hits 88, Ranged 81, Prayer 82, Magic 87, Summoning 82)

[hide]I killed the eletric elemental thingy and the line from that room stopped glowing. and I solved the Water flowing puzzle and the machine is still working... looked all around that room yet I saw noo roots[/hide]

[hide]Follow the brown vines on the floor to the back part of the room.[/hide]

Flyingjj.png

[hide]Follow the brown vines on the floor to the back part of the room.[/hide]

Yeah I misread the question and when I replied my Chrome is being a nub and saying page not found >:( Sorry :P

Oh /facepalm. Just saw a vid of a guy using soul split. Why the hell didn't I think of that... prayer don't work lol and I was using protection prayers the whole time.

Oh well, at least I beat him anyway.

protection prayers dont work?

I used mage the entire time and then melee at the end LOL

oh well, I beat him so no problemo ;)

Edit: I used almost max range bonus with ruby (e) and full inv + war tortoise full of brew/restore. Made it with 3 brews left I think. :blink:

[hide]100111152355.png[/hide]

24zzxw3.gif

So I hear people with maxed/near-maxed combat are having difficulties with the nomad fight. Anyone reckon I stand a chance with my stats, or should I go train a whole lot more?

(Attack 85, Strength 87, Defence 85, Hits 88, Ranged 81, Prayer 82, Magic 87, Summoning 82)

I havent gotten him to half health yet. I barely did once then ran out of brews (had full tortoise aswell as full inv except for 8 restores which I also used up.)

So goodluck. :P

My point is that making a quest solely around a really hard boss fight is dumb. And unoriginal. And they've already made GM quests look like just another level. Oh and it apparently has little story or reveals any backstory/history of anything.

So seriously? What's the point? This should've been some kind of elite level miniquest or minigame or something. Making it a full blown quest is, as Magzar put it... Gayyy.

You finished the quest yet MHL?

No, but my brother explained it to me, and if it is as he says, then no, it shouldn't be a GM quest. Maybe I was unfair earlier, but this quest should not be GM. GM should be long, difficult quests that reveal a lot. This doesn't. It's honestly a boss fight. Exactly what happened is that someone created this guy, created the boss fight, and someone at Jagex decided that he should write a quest around it instead.

This is not, and should never have been, a Grandmaster Quest. I cannot say if it is good or not, but I can tell you that the classification of it as GM is wrong. And I personally don't think quest bosses should be this difficult. It's a little overkill.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Too bad my good computer I use to play Runescape on has a virus... It's stuck on the "Welcome" screen on Windows XP... I should be getting it fixed today, and when I do... YOU'RE TOAST, NOMAD!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I'm not sure I even want to attempt taking him on with my stats. Oh well, gotta try sometime I guess.

A question for high lvl summoning people:

[hide]Has anyone tried taking a high lvl fighting familiar to the battle instead of a BoB? I thought I saw a multi-combat icon in the vids. I know the BoB seems almost necessary, but it might be worth a try?[/hide]

Flyingjj.png

You finished the quest yet MHL?

No, but my brother explained it to me, and if it is as he says, then no, it shouldn't be a GM quest. Maybe I was unfair earlier, but this quest should not be GM. GM should be long, difficult quests that reveal a lot. This doesn't. It's honestly a boss fight. Exactly what happened is that someone created this guy, created the boss fight, and someone at Jagex decided that he should write a quest around it instead.

This is not, and should never have been, a Grandmaster Quest. I cannot say if it is good or not, but I can tell you that the classification of it as GM is wrong. And I personally don't think quest bosses should be this difficult. It's a little overkill.

I beg the differ.

When it comes to this quest, length is very subjective. One could solve a puzzle 10 times as fast as another for example.

I'm assuming Jagex sees it as something good enough to quailify for the length aspect, and I have to say I can't disagree.

As for history, I'm not sure that should be a 'requirement' for a GM quest. Priest In Peril is a great example for the opposite side of the stick- one of the easiest quests out there, revealing quite a bit of history.

The way I see it, this quest is a build-up for the 'history-revealing' part.

Lastly, if one is to solve this quest as intended (as in, without a guide) then one may find it very hard. From what I hear the puzzles are challenging and the boss obviously is aswell, the reward cannot go unnoticed and the challenge is at stake.

You shouldn't be so quick to judge, to my eyes this quest deserves a GM status.

I'm not sure I even want to attempt taking him on with my stats. Oh well, gotta try sometime I guess.

[hide]Has anyone tried taking a high lvl fighting familiar to the battle instead of a BoB? I thought I saw a multi-combat icon in the vids. I know the BoB seems almost necessary, but it might be worth a try?[/hide]

[hide]I took a Lava Titan, it didn't do too much damage, hit a few 8's but you'll be wanting the potions/food![/hide]

[hide]I took a Lava Titan, it didn't do too much damage, hit a few 8's but you'll be wanting the potions/food![/hide]

[hide] though it might be worth it to dismiss your BoB and summon your combat familiar after you've emptied your BoB (which you almost certainly will unless maybe you have a yak).[/hide]

Just Wow at the amount of users reading this topic. Lol.

Found this on Rsof and it's probably useful

[hide=Rsof, by Sad325, read at your own risk, kinda guide like]

11-Jan-2010 19:55:49

OK.. as you can see i have done the quest...You can look at my Log..

Anywayz..

How to Kil Nomad:

- I did not use overload

- I did not use AGS

- I used SOUL SPLIT and TURMOIL

- I used WAR TOR. with full sharks

- MUST wear black hide or better in magic def.

What I Wore:

Helm of neit.

Fury

Blk Top

Blk Legs

Barrow Gloves

Rune Def

Str ammy ( str is better then fury cuz of str + }

Fire cape

Whip

Inv.:

3 Super restore

2 sara brews

1 super str

1 super att

DDS

rest is sharks.

How i killed it..

He does the same moves. so the first think is pot up before u go in and put soul split and turmoil BECAUSE PROTECT FROM MELEE or MAGE DONT WORK!

So first thing is dds spec intel no spec and whip him.. when u see the red dots that feel from top then he will attack u a 75 hp.. so when ever u see the red dots on the floor eat intel ur higher then 75hp.. then he will use a spell that makes him into 4 Nomads u have to find the real one fast so u dont take to much damage.. when u find the real one you will have like 10 sec to attack him intel he freez u and charge up for the 98 hp attack.. so in that time while he is charging up thats where the sara brew comes in.. use intel ur 115 hp and drink super restore and super str and super att.. he hits 98.. you eat intel ur 99 hp and attack him at normal.. and repeat cuz thats the same moves he uses.. when he is about 20hp he will melee u and there will be no more magic so becare-ful..

ill answer any questions u have..

ill also turn on my cc if u need extra help on Nomad or Avatar [/hide]

Also - The avatar heals only 3 times, confirmed by players.

I think this boss is exactly what we need. Melee overpowered? Lol. It's putting players to the test, even though I haven't done the quest Nomad looks (in difficulty) something in between Solo Jad and Melee Zilyana. In fact, it's similiar in many aspects. The quest cape is now truely deserves it's respect it long required.

Hmmm - Looking at the rsof post I quoted, it could probably be done easier with Overloads and Full brew, including a yak full of brew. Nomad apparently goes into beserker mode after going to 1/5 of it's health, which makes it hit like Zilyana

Would Recover Special Potions be worth bringing?

I wouldn't know but my guesses are yes, bring Dragon Claws (or Vls/Swh) and spec it as much as you can, especially in Berserker mode where you have NO time to waste. Soul split is a great idea too.