Do you know any Christian bands?

Boogie

I'm looking for some Christian bands. The genre really doesn't matter as long as it sounds good and has some meaningful lyrics. I'm mainly looking for a band that uses lyrics based on Christian belief. But if the lyrics are only influenced from Christian belief, that's fine. Also, bands with singers that actually have good vocals.

If you can also recommend some songs to go with the band, that would be cool.

Please only post if you have a recommendation or a kind comment.

Thanks. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know of a few but i have friends who thats all they listen to so they know tons heh...what kind of music do you like/are looking for? (by this i mean genre)

Well, rock.. Metal, punk, ska, whatever..

I'd appreciate it if you could find out for me. :)

i know of a few but i have friends who thats all they listen to so they know tons heh...what kind of music do you like/are looking for? (by this i mean genre)

I can for sure get ska stuff for you, and a bit of metal (i personally dont think its very good).....

btw would you consider hardcore music to be metal? (not saying it is or isn't, just the possiblity of more suggestions)

I can for sure get ska stuff for you, and a bit of metal (i personally dont think its very good).....

btw would you consider hardcore music to be metal? (not saying it is or isn't, just the possiblity of more suggestions)

Yes, I suppose. Is what you are finding out Christian related? :)

There are several ones I can mention that, I believe, may be Christian but not 100% certain.

Mae - Songs: The Sun & the Moon, The Everglow (anything really)

Emery - Songs: Fractions, The Secret (my favorite band, anything!)

mewithoutYou - Anything

Underoath - Anything

Showbread - Songs: Mouth Like A Magazine

Those are some of the bands I am familiar with / enjoy.

Any band under the Tooth & Nail record label is Christian. CHeck it out at http://www.toothandnail.com/front.php.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

There are several ones I can mention that, I believe, may be Christian but not 100% certain.

Mae - Songs: The Sun & the Moon, The Everglow (anything really)

Emery - Songs: Fractions, The Secret (my favorite band, anything!)

mewithoutYou - Anything

Underoath - Anything

Showbread - Songs: Mouth Like A Magazine

Those are some of the bands I am familiar with / enjoy.

Any band under the Tooth & Nail record label is Christian. CHeck it out at http://www.toothandnail.com/front.php.

Okay, thank you very much. :)

The issue with a lot of Christian rock bands is that the music is generally really good, but they force the religeon into the lyrics which makes the actual words and singing very poor. shame.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The issue with a lot of Christian rock bands is that the music is generally really good, but they force the religeon into the lyrics which makes the actual words and singing very poor. shame.

Matt...they play as a ministry. Their entire purpose in playing is to spread their beliefs. So what if a band puts their beliefs into their lyrics?

tomato1ry.png

Matt...they play as a ministry. Their entire purpose in playing is to spread their beliefs. So what if a band puts their beliefs into their lyrics?

I know that, but its just done poorly. I have heard some amazing Christian bands, getitng the meaning into the song yet retaining the 'word of christ' as it were. But most of the time its just done really badly.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I know that, but its just done poorly. I have heard some amazing Christian bands, getitng the meaning into the song yet retaining the 'word of christ' as it were. But most of the time its just done really badly.

I'd have to agree with you there, but there's a few exceptions.

Boogie, Shane & Shane (or Shane Bernard)... it's softer accoustic stuff, but the lyrics fit perfectly, and they're incredibly meaningful, and their voices are incredible.

http://www.shanebweb.com , they're got audio examples for every song, though I think you need realplayer (they're .ram :-\). Or their official site here

Also Copeland is a sweet band (they're Christians), though their lyrics are secular.

summerpngwy6.jpg

That's why I've never given Christian music a chance since I'm not religious, but there are quite a few bands out there that do more of story telling with their songs instead of saying "pray to god or you'll go to hell." Check out my favorite lyrics posted in that topic.

As a Christian, I'd have to agree with Merc that alot of Christian bands don't do a very good job. They focus more on making "Christian music" than making good music that glorifies Christ.

But there are a few really good Christian bands and singers out there-

Phillips, Craig, and Dean

MercyMe

Chris Rice is also one of my favorites, but most people I know aren't big fans of him.

Todd Agnew isn't too bad either.

I can't think of any more off the top of my head, since I listen mostly to country western, but there's plenty of good, God-honoring music out there if you know where to look. :)

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Five Iron Frenzy is an awesome christian Ska band.

Relient K is more popsy alternative...but still good if you are into that.

Thanks guys for all these recommendations! And I am looking for bands that have Christian lyrics in it but I think Mercifull was saying those band aren't very good?