The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Congrats on that elite total level! :)

How do you guys DG so fast? My fastest solo c6 small is a depressing 20+ minutes. :wall:Gratz on 99 Craft and the leet total, Sub. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments. As for flesh crawlers I wont use them if I was you unless you play on foreign servers because you run the risk of running into 1 or 2 boters there in almost every English world.

As for Spiders there best to have 80 or 80+ def before training there . I too would like to know how you guys dg so fast . I need to get my solo time under 10mins for small floors

Just broke my own record (and didn't butcher the screenie):

Obviously I'm no Misaki, but at least I have something to work toward.

small245.png

Sub..I have a hard time believing that somebody with 113 dung can't get their solo times below 10 min :roll:

If you have specific questions, I could try to answer them. That being said, it appears that there are some tricks I'm not aware of considering that Misaki went faster on his first try than I did in a few hundred tries. I mostly do everything the same as how I'd key in a group. Not having to worry about other people picking up keys speeds things up, but less people clearing paths slows it down.

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

Thank you, Hedgehog. I do pay some attention to that, but I also take into account what rooms will take the shortest amount of time.

If I have two paths open, and one is a monolith, another a fast gd for example, I'll do the gd path. Do you reccommend I scrap that strategy and always go for a shorter path first?

There is a more effective way in f2p to determine the bonus/critical path.

In smalls, the route to boss is at most 2 paths. Any other path is bonus.

HAI U FOG

F2p sucks now, no hiscores. ;c

F2P was ownage, rip

Btw gz legologie on 1.4k total 79 cmb

OT: Discuss Legologie's 1.4k total and Meneer Naab's goal to 200m all f2p skills.

Meneer was trying to keep it secret, but he loves me

Killhim9612.png

Hedgehog...that was helpful. Without a doubt more helpful for 5 combatter P2P-style dung that it was written for obviously. Still, it gives some insight into pathing for the more F2P-oriented 2cb3sk style of dung. It skirted on relevant for soloing, but still, thank you.

Misaki...I did a run just now bearing in mind that no more than 2 paths would lead to the boss, and it didn't seem to help me much :blink:

You're undoubtedly right, as I analyzed all the map after each dung, and it also clearly works based on your times, but how would I go about using that piece of info to speed up my floors?

You should be a lot better at identifying paths after reading the guide. In smalls/meds you want to go do the small paths first, in larges the keyer sprees down the largest path, and the minions clean up the smaller ones.

I don't know why you would do the smallest paths first if you're soloing a small, but ok...

Anyways, to be honest, I got lucky on my first small attempt. I think I would average around your times too levine if the maps were not as ideal. For smalls, time is very dependent on the floor + boss and it is very hard to improve your base skill to constantly pull off 2 minute solos.

birds.png

Dear me, this makes me feel like I suck at Dungeoneering. Not that I don't.

I usually go for a good xp/hour ratio, don't really mind the time... haven't done it in a while so can't really remember my personal bests/averages. One 3:30 small for 10k xp I do remember, that one was nice by my standards :P

I suppose I should start working my way to 100 from 92, but just don't seem to be able to make myself do it :|

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Makkaravelho, If you're looking to get back into dging and I'm on you can always shoot me a message and I'll try to get a team together.

In case my many subliminal hints haven't done the trick, actually, I'm desperate for people to Dungeoneer with. This applies to anyone and everyone :^_^:

Welcome to TIF, LunaticSoul. :grin:

The Tip.It F2P world is w7. Personally, I haven't noticed much of a difference between the worlds as far as friendliness goes. There are a couple of good friend/clan chats you could join though, like 'Pure F2Ps'.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I don't have the most efficient bind setup...I'm spear, platebody, laws. The laws are because I usually don't lead in a group.

The ideal solo small bind setup would be spear, gauntlets, cosmics. Boots at 100 dg. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally, I went with spear, gloves and blastbox. But we all know how effective my soloing is. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...