The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

As many of you may know, yesterday Jagex ran a Forum Q&A session where all RuneScape players had the chance to post questions to four Jagex Mods (Mod Mark, Mod Edam, Mod Stevew and Mod Jane). These Mods had the job of answering as many questions as possible within a 3 hour period. I thought this would be a good opportunity to get some answers to a few of the questions I had. :)

Being a bit of a F2P enthusiast, I decided to ask the following questions to Mod Stevew who was answering all the community related questions.

1z66r7q.png

Naturally, I had to be optimistic for an answer. I wasn't confident that I would get one but I tried to word my question as best I could. Here's the answer I received a few hours later on the 'Q&A Answers 17th Feb' thread:

72eyjr.png

His reply came as a huge disappointment to me. Not only did he extinguish any hope of a F2P Hiscores comeback, he didn't make any attempt to address the questions I had. No sympathy, no acknowledgement of the problems we now have. On reflection, I'm grateful that Stevew was honest and surprised he did make a reply to me, however I'm confused and frustrated with his response and what it means for our community.

This post may come as 'old news' to some but I decided to post it to let you know that unfortunately there appears to be nothing that has changed since November last year and there seems to be nothing planned for the future.

Possum39.png

Since the Burthrope update, you can't make an account anymore without it being a member, since they grant you 15 days of free membership.

On top of that, you simply can't start playing untill you complete the Troll Warzone tutorial, which provides P2P experience.

I think we can conclude that F2P no longer has any future, and that Jagex are making this very clear.

I hope you guys start realising this, and don't have too much false hope for any F2P updates, and especially not the Hiscores.

It's a sad thing, but we simply can't do anything about it.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Really don't know why I came back to this game tbh.

Oh well, gotta do everything I can to keep f2p alive.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Could they actually be closing F2P altogether? They don't get money from loyal F2P players, but servers cost money. Maybe they'll make it like WoW, free testing period and after that you have to pay. They could close all F2P servers, and Jagex doesn't really seem to appreciate the F2P part of the game anymore.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Very much possible, if not even likely, in the future, at least.

Doubt I'll be all too sad over it, but I have to admit that in a weird way it seems funny that the game that used to call itself the world's most popular free MMORPG is now killing the whole free side, slowly and surely.

Oh well, life goes on, maybe I'll start up with a p2p acc, or just leave the game alltogether, who knows. One day at a time.

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Since the Burthrope update, you can't make an account anymore without it being a member, since they grant you 15 days of free membership.

On top of that, you simply can't start playing untill you complete the Troll Warzone tutorial, which provides P2P experience.

I think we can conclude that F2P no longer has any future, and that Jagex are making this very clear.

I hope you guys start realising this, and don't have too much false hope for any F2P updates, and especially not the Hiscores.

It's a sad thing, but we simply can't do anything about it.

I was about to respond to Possum39's post by saying something like "Don't be so sure, remember how long Jagex kept this up with the wildy removal. It took just over three years, but it was re-implemented in the end. It might happen with the hiscores someday," but if what Water says is true, then for the first time ever I am actually beginning to lose hope in the continued longevity of the F2P sector. Placed in the context of everything else that's happened, the removal of F2P players from the hiscores wasn't just another deprivation of F2P rights. It was an action that marked the total phasing out of the F2P aspect of Runescapeor at least, the beginning of the sealing of the portal allowing new players to pure F2Phood. The people who are currently inside that realmlike many of us on this threadcan stay that way, but no one else will be granted access to it henceforth. Our accounts, being ones that lack a single point of P2P experience, will have a sort of grandfathered and discontinued status. This is an important thing to realize and fully comprehend, because if it's all true, it means that pure F2Pers are ultimately a dying breed.

Only time will tell whether they will leave us to fester and wither away in our own surroundings, or take a more direct course of action like the one envisioned by Pirkka and just do away with us all in one fell swoop.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

It's something I predicted as soon as I read the update about the hiscore removal... Wish I wasn't right about it :)

I made a new account to check out the new tutorial yesterday, that's how I noticed the 15 day trial thingy. Since my 15 days haven't expired, I can't say what happens after that... You probably end up in F2P... although I wonder what happens if you don't complete the tutorial by then...

The conclusion is quite simple, F2P wont exist forever, that's for sure now.

The main purpose of my first post was that none of the new accounts can prove anymore that they are pure F2P, since you are member as soon as you make your account. Meaning, no more new pure F2P's.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

There is one option you could do, the only problem is that you can't join any clans any more because of it.

Step 1: create 5 noob accounts

Step 2: make a clan called after your own name

Step 3: let the noob accounts join it.

Step 4: Join that clan yourself.

Now you can track the stats of your clan, the only one active in your clan is you (because you don't play on the noobaccounts).

So basically, the only one who's active and will be tracked is you yourself, so you can see the xp you have achieved!

Now create a site that tracks clans.

If you want your xp to be showed exactly, achieve the xp you have achieved on your F2p main on those new noobaccounts and stop playing on them right after.

Btw I wouldn't be surprised if Water was right about all new accounts beïng member automatically.

Still strange Jagex claimed they removed F2p's from it because we might be bots.

That clearly is a bullshit excuse.

withwishbots.png

As many of you may know, yesterday Jagex ran a Forum Q&A session where all RuneScape players had the chance to post questions to four Jagex Mods (Mod Mark, Mod Edam, Mod Stevew and Mod Jane). These Mods had the job of answering as many questions as possible within a 3 hour period. I thought this would be a good opportunity to get some answers to a few of the questions I had. :)

Being a bit of a F2P enthusiast, I decided to ask the following questions to Mod Stevew who was answering all the community related questions.

1z66r7q.png

Naturally, I had to be optimistic for an answer. I wasn't confident that I would get one but I tried to word my question as best I could. Here's the answer I received a few hours later on the 'Q&A Answers 17th Feb' thread:

72eyjr.png

His reply came as a huge disappointment to me. Not only did he extinguish any hope of a F2P Hiscores comeback, he didn't make any attempt to address the questions I had. No sympathy, no acknowledgement of the problems we now have. On reflection, I'm grateful that Stevew was honest and surprised he did make a reply to me, however I'm confused and frustrated with his response and what it means for our community.

This post may come as 'old news' to some but I decided to post it to let you know that unfortunately there appears to be nothing that has changed since November last year and there seems to be nothing planned for the future.

I wouldn't have expected much given the single-word answers being given to many questions. A player even mentioned that Mod Mark was a bad Jmod due to this and he gave that question a more serious reply. Maybe the beer and the pizza is to blame...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It is indeed true, that you are automatically a member, and you have to get P2P xp to pass the tutorial. But I do not know what happens if you do not complete it in the 15 days, though my guess is that you end up at lumbridge. I wonder if this is a temporary thing, or permanent. Time will tell.

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Well, this thread just made me upset. It's sad that there can't be anymore pure F2P accounts. I guess 10 years is an extremely long lifetime for a single game and Runescape has become old and we have become wiser but the Jagex mods have gotten dumber. I find the answer given to Possums very well written post, disrespectfull. I know they get alot of questions but that doesn't mean the Jagex Mod can't tell Possum the truth. A lie and avoiding the questions hurts more than telling us the truth.

Jagex was very close to their players at the start, then as Runescpae grew and grew, they became more distant. Then came our "savior" Mod MMG! Or so we thought. He said F2P was not a demo and promised all sorts of things to all players, not just F2P'ers. I quit during the time MMG was BSing players. I came back at the start of this year and I see no MMG anywhere, all I see is Jagex Mods not knowing anything and avoiding everything. They have become distant again. There is an exception, they are close to the "High leveled players". Are Jagex Mods a bunch of groupies? Because it seems like they are kissing the "famous" players behind. For example I remember that they said that the players in the High level forums on RSOF agreed with their effigy nerf. No shit? why wouldn't they? #-o I could go on but I think I have made my point: Jagex doesn't care about what you have to say.

[/rant]

When F2P ends, it will be the end of my Runescape journey. I won't get P2P. I don't see much of a difference from how they treat F2P players and how they treat P2P players.

There still is the option for Pure F2P, you just mustn't complete the tutorial. But this definitely is one of the signs that Jagex is taking a completely new approach with F2P.

I don't really think that F2P will be removed altogether - it still has some value for Jagex, because its a means to keep players that let their membership lapse stay connected to the game and thus have a higher chance of having these players resubscribe.

However, I'm pretty sure this won't be the last negative(at least to those who are f2p) thing we will happen to see to the free game. Don't know really where I stand on that myself.

It sends a rather mixed message when they do so much to discourage F2P players, but then recognize them in a positive light by granting many high level pure F2Ps Player Moderator status. That's a sign of trust and respect.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Before anyone else has to find out about it...

Hope you enjoy your traitorous turn to the Dark Side, you rebel scum! :lol:

Seriously though, enjoy it. Just don't forget about us little people when you're strutting around in your comp cape. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That still doesn't discourage me from meeting friends, and achieving personal goals of mine ;)

102Dungeoneering.png

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Good luck to you on your endeavors Water, and congrats Sonic! :)

I guess we finally got this at least! ;)

A new "Total XP" tooltip has been added on the stat interface when hovering over the total level gained.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Bleh, I'm at 1264 right now, ~90kxp until 99 strength. I think I want to make that my 1300th level, and I don't want to up my combat level until I get 99 strength.

*wonders what to grind* :mrgreen:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪