The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I found fleshies to be the same xp as spiders, yet they require far less food. But it is up to you.

Spiders are a bit faster exp generally, as there are much more, and there's almost the same people, so you get to kill more of them and never have to wait between fights. That way you will get a few more ks exp/hour at spiders. I still prefer fleshies though, as you get gem (a gem bag is pretty useful) and you need much less food.

-Med-

Medaragon.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I'm a not that active f2p player (anymore). Today i logged in since a 2 week holiday, and i saw that i'm not able to buy or sell my heraldic rune sets? What did happen? I tried to find and answer, but i couldn't find any reason...

Is this something general, or only f2p?

Some item sets can't be sold over the GE any more - you have to either exchange them for the components and sell those on the GE, or trade the set with another player through ye olde trading method.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You missed it by two days, prodigy. This week's update removed buying and selling of some sets. Apparently it was done to prevent scamming.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's general as well, meant to help prevent some potential scams due to sets having significantly different price points than the pieces separately.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Ofcourse a set is more worth than the pieces, because it's harder to get a full set. That's not scamming, that's the market. They could've just adjusted the prices of a set to it's parts...

Ooh and I reached the 1500 Total milestone :)

I think it was the other way. Some sets we're worth considerably less than their component pieces, presumably because Jagex's system is bad at math or something. I think they we're actually getting the average market value wrong (which is amazing because I think that's strait addition, but anyway).

Randox is right, a lot of the set prices were below the combined total of their individual components.

Congratulations on 1500 total Fire Hawk. :thumbsup: =D>

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So I'm not really sure where to ask this, but a general thread like this seems like a decent place.

I haven't played in over a year; can anyone explain/summarize recent changes and the strange new economy in which normal logs are 123gp apiece and oak logs are 64 gp apiece?

Was there a construction boom or something? :P

Formerly known as Numer0_Un0, tip.it's unofficial noob

Ofcourse a set is more worth than the pieces, because it's harder to get a full set. That's not scamming, that's the market. They could've just adjusted the prices of a set to it's parts...

As a couple sets were sold quite rarely they didn't update as frequently as the individual pieces leading to a misleading price.

[404] Signature not found.

I haven't played in over a year; can anyone explain/summarize recent changes and the strange new economy in which normal logs are 123gp apiece and oak logs are 64 gp apiece?

Was there a construction boom or something? :P

The bot nuke drove up the prices of all low leveled resources. Without bots flooding the market, and higher level players not wanting to waste time on gathering them, the prices spiked pretty hard (for example: iron ore jumped up to over four times it's pre-nuke price before settling down). The up side is that making money in F2P has never been easier. :thumbsup:

Also, welcome to TIF! :grin:

Well then, welcome back! :grin:

Only if it gives xp rates higher than 12k/hr. Here's hoping. :pray:

It really does look good. I went through nearly 7k xp without even noticing. :thumbsup:

This is going to drive the prices of runes through the roof, though. Time for people to decide if they want fast xp with no items afterwards, or slow xp with lots of profit.

Edit: Is anyone else having trouble climbing up to the second level? I just get a "Loading 50%" message and then it locks up. I can't even log in anymore because it keeps trying to load that area and locking up.

Edit 2: Took 5 tries, but I was finally able to log back in. :thumbsup:

Camp at Body Esshounds, and syphon a firestorm or fleshy thing when it appears. Body EH gives 23-25 exp in around 2-4 seconds and respawns around 3 seconds after the last one.

Dart.jpg

Does anyone know the new rates for F2P? :/ can't test at work.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Camp at Body Esshounds, and syphon a firestorm or fleshy thing when it appears. Body EH gives 23-25 exp in around 2-4 seconds and respawns around 3 seconds after the last one.

35906 xp at body esshounds is what I got in one hour, taking cyclone, mind storm, water pool, rock fragment, vine, fireball, fleshy growth and fire storm when they appeared.

You get 23.5 xp from the body esshound so maybe not worth it to do the cyclone (19 from it) and mind storm (20 from it), felt like I was getting the xp faster from them than the body esshounds though, but I'm not too sure.

I got xp from the earth essling (14.5 each time) if everything else was depleted at my spot. Usually only for 2 or 3 seconds while waiting for the body one to respawn.

5JPYs.png

The spot I did the test at on the 2nd floor ^

Probably there are faster ways, I guess we'll see.

I wasn't sure if it was worth it for F2P. It is 60k/hr, and it is free, but what convinced me was...

A free spin ticket!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The xp rates seem to be all over the place, being dependent on node spawns and how many yellow wizards you help. Now that they've nerfed the node spawn rate, has anyone gotten the xp/hr off of just body esslings?