The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Let's not forget that F2P combat is simply the lower end of P2P combat, so of course at least some of the abilities will be available to us. Water Tablet has it right, just like everything else members will simply have more options.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The possible negative impact comes from potentially slowing down AFK combat rates.

I'm anticipating this as well.

I'd rather have fun with combat and pay attention than AFK. If you'd rather just AFK, please get out. I don't want Jagex worrying about the game taking "too much attention" and dumbing things down for AFKers.

Fun fact: It took me about 15 minutes to write out this shitty post. It better be worth it.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The possible negative impact comes from potentially slowing down AFK combat rates.

I'm anticipating this as well.

I'd rather have fun with combat and pay attention than AFK. If you'd rather just AFK, please get out. I don't want Jagex worrying about the game taking "too much attention" and dumbing things down for AFKers.

Hold on now, I never said I wanted it to stay the way it is now. All I said was that I'm expecting a shift to non-AFK combat to occur. For all I know, this could be a really neat and exciting change.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Assuming 420 gp / big bone, that's 28 gp / xp.

5.6b for 200M

About 367M for 99.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

As far as I know merching is the best option. I don't think there's been much of a gambling market since they removed the dice, but I could be wrong.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Skilling maxes at like 250k/h with GOP (rune mining is higher on average I think, but I've never heard a firm answer for gp/h) and combat is essentially break even. Gambling is there in F2P, but not as much as P2P. So yeah, merching is the best bet.

Apparently you haven't seen the area just south of the Grand Exchange or the Spirit Tree on north end of it on world 1. However, I think merching is a safer bet than accumulating the inevitable autotyping mutes.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

With this new trial there is mixed emotions. If one get's trial and does not go to p2p world nor gain any exp are they still pure f2p?

I know a clan that if they are to get trial they are still PURE F2P if they do not do anything in P2P. I understand there's two sides in this discussion but as a community

what should we do? I think we are just fighting each other and just hatred around players. We should come to a final verdict if WE can :mellow:

Btw this Clan is pure f2p clan to.

So, looks like you can't make a f2p account anymore without activating the membership trials.

I tried registering a new F2P only account, and it wouldn't let me log in until i validated my email, which thus gave me 14 day membership trial, saw absolutely no way to decline the offer...

What if you tried waiting until the 14 days trial expired?

You could activate it and not use the account for 14 days.

You can see when the trial will expire when you log onto your account on the main page.

With this new trial there is mixed emotions. If one get's trial and does not go to p2p world nor gain any exp are they still pure f2p?

I know a clan that if they are to get trial they are still PURE F2P if they do not do anything in P2P. I understand there's two sides in this discussion but as a community

what should we do? I think we are just fighting each other and just hatred around players. We should come to a final verdict if WE can :mellow:

Btw this Clan is pure f2p clan to.

When you accept the trial, it doesn't even give you the option of logging into a F2P world.

Once you activate the trial, you get the character creation screen, then you are automatically sent to a random world at the Burthorpe Tutorial.

When you make a new account now it does automatically log you into a p2p world, but you can click X before it finishes logging you in. Then, next time you log on the account, you can pick your world, and choose a f2p one. Not a perfect alternative, but it works. Also you wont be able to use the SOF on a f2p world until the trial is up, so no qualms about unfairness of extra spins, so it is technically possible to still make a f2p account. Its just a lot of work.

• Like 1

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

As long as you don't do anything in the members world and log out as soon as possible I don't see why that should be considered not pure F2P. (In otherwords, as the trial logs you into members world, run to a F2P area and log out without gaining any XP)

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Wife ran into a funny problem as a trial member but trying to remain f2p....

Many of you know there is a 50 item buying limit on member items and a 300 stack limit on member items to bank while under trial membership.

However... both these limits also apply to MITH ARROWS, CHAOS, BIG BONES, and LAW RUNES. This means for 14 days, she cant deposit her law/chaos/mith arrows / big bones over 300... Even though these are free to play items.

Man kinda gets annoying when Jagex's push for money causes bugs for free players too... (Though maybe it's very intended...)

I don't think anyone wants to face up to the issue that no new player is going to have any idea of this and go through this hassle to make a pure f2p account. So unless you're going to bug every new p2p player you see to create another account and play pure f2p, it's an irrelevant debate.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.