The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Why do you have to be a new player to make a f2p account? After maxing I made a pure f2p because I enjoyed it more and wanted to step up the challenge, my wife made a new account as a pure f2p because she enjoys it too, and I have tons of friends who made pure f2ps because of the squeal update.

It would be pretty ignorant to assume that out of the thousands and thousands of people making new accounts, that not a single one would want to make a pure f2p. Alot of people like the prospect of pure f2p and a decent amount of them will prob stick to it too.

Kolin, you're absolutely right when you say that some people actually enjoy the challenge of playing Pure F2P and want to choose to play that way. However, I don't think there is any way around this trial, so the closest you can become to Pure F2P is doing what the others above have suggested (immediately log out of the P2P world, and then log into a F2P world). Although for the first 14 days of the life of a new account it is a 'member', it can still classified as 'pure f2p' if you do not log on to any P2P worlds during the trial or use any P2P benefits to gain experience or obtain items.

If you stick to this, then the only benefits of membership you can potentially take advantage of in-game in a F2P world are no advertisements and 6 Grand Exchange slots (instead of the regular 2 for F2P). As L0RD Slaya mentioned, you can't use your SoF spins in a F2P world if you're a member.

However, unfortunately, you're stuck with some disadvantages as well including item limits (which you mentioned), a 25K trade limit after the membership trial is over and a disgusting advertisement that pops up every day you log in during the trial pestering you to sign up for membership as soon as possible.

Arceus is also right in saying that no players new to RuneScape will do this. All of them will, of course, take advantage of all members benefits they know of and play in P2P worlds. There's nothing anybody can do about that. The only players that will use this method of creating new 'pure f2p' accounts are existing players with this specific intention.

Possum39.png

It's true, people who are completely new to the game will take advantage of the trial, and will not go the pure f2p route. To be honest, most of us would have done the same if it was offered to us in that manner when we had started playing. Very few pure f2p accounts were started with the intention of remaining pure f2p. However, I know of many players who have quit the game and are returning, who have decided to make F2P accounts, besides the existing player base which has also been making them. I for one, have simply been promoting the F2P way as best I can, and doing my best to convince any of our remaining pure f2pers who are thinking about leaving us to stay. It seems like all we can do at the moment, until Jagex removes this trial (if they ever do).

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

The 25k limit is the real kick in the ribs, to be honest.

On a different note, at what Ranged level is it advisable to switch to Lesser Demons? Currently using Mithril Arrows/Maple Short & training on Moss Giants.

If you are the only one at Crandor Moss giants, the respawn rate might be able to just keep up. With 93 range and iron arrows, the 2 moss giants' respawn in Varrock Sewers just barely keep up with me.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

To further encourage everyone to fight creatures designed for their level' date=' we are removing the Combat XP for fighting creatures more than 30 levels below you. Drops and Slayer XP will remain the same. As I mentioned above, all NPCs are being rebalanced with this in mind. Since we dont have any top-end training creatures in the game (yet), players with a very high Combat level will find this 30 level range increased to 50 - at least until we release some bigger training dungeons! Youll still be able to train on creatures that are much less powerful than you, but training on things like rock crabs and cows will now only be effective at low levels - as it should be. We will be adding faster and more numerous spawn points all over the game to cope with the change.[/quote']

Lol

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

So, not only did they nerf Dungeoneering xp for non-members over cb90 but now they're going to nerf the combat xp high level players would have gotten on the lower floors? <_<

Why, oh why does Jagex hate F2P DG? On the plus side though, there will be no more high level "players" training on cows in Lumbridge.

Also,

We're removing any impact on your Combat level from Prayer, Summoning and Constitution levels.

So does this mean a slight redefinition of skiller pures to include these skills, and reassigning them to "non-combat" status?

Edit: aw crap. I just realized this means that my combat level will be over 90 uder the new calculation (74 magic + 55 defense + 2 = 131). I sure hope they're either raising the level for the DG nerf, or removing it entirely.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

We can hope they just remove it for F2P, and just make members on F2P servers get reduced dg xp?

Because f2p should totally be the way to get 120 unless you're good.

I think f2p is going to get screwed hard by this update, I wish you luck.

553VriC.png?1

Well after the update, I'm gonna be 183 combat, which is 100 over the roaches combat level. Jagex said exp we get from monsters 30 levels under us will be less effective for exp... For me right now there's no F2p monster I can beat for the normal exp...

-Med-

Medaragon.png

Because getting 40kxp/hr is too much...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

So every time people mention nerfing dg for only f2p combat over 90, I have to urge to post this:

CombatXP.png

That's the number of one of the two base xp modifiers, correlated as well as possible with the average party level (with 5 players). The other one is directly proportional as a function of your max floor.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

[hide]

So every time people mention nerfing dg for only f2p combat over 90, I have to urge to post this:

CombatXP.png

That's the number of one of the two base xp modifiers, correlated as well as possible with the average party level (with 5 players). The other one is directly proportional as a function of your max floor.

[/hide]

I'm not sure what this graph means? so.. the adjusted prestige does gown as your combat level increases?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Yeah, and that total is the basis of your xp, before modifiers like bonus rooms or deaths are applied.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So are you basically saying that the 50% nerf only applies in theory? And that it's not really a drop off in experience at all from 89 combat to 90 combat?

Ofcourse the nerf is a graph and not a jump at 1 level difference. Jagex had already stated before that 89/90 combat doesn't make a big difference ;)

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png