The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I also wonder if the node spawn is linked to the number of people in the runespan.

I was not on for the 10-20/island; but at 7-9 est there would be at least 4 mind storms per island. Now 11est there is 1 cyclone per 3 islands.

Also at 8ish there was 8 chaos and 1 nebula on a floor 2 island. 1 hr later they were gone.

The 60k/hr is gone. I would estimate it's 25k-30k if you farm body esshounds, switch to another essling while waiting a few seconds for it to respawn, and siphon any worthwhile nodes that happen to appear. It's kind of a shame that you accumulate thousands of essence with no use for it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The 60k/hr is gone. I would estimate it's 25k-30k if you farm body esshounds, switch to another essling while waiting a few seconds for it to respawn, and siphon any worthwhile nodes that happen to appear. It's kind of a shame that you accumulate thousands of essence with no use for it.

My tests are showing the same rate. Kinda makes me sad thinking back to the old days when I got 75 rc on air runes @ 5k exp/h..... so it goes.

Now that they've nerfed the node spawn rate, has anyone gotten the xp/hr off of just body esslings?

I got 35k xp/h with just Body esslings.

So even without nodes, it still nearly tripled the old xp rates. That's a heckuva win in my book. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I was actively trying to get 2-3k ess so I could camp the first floor, except the wizard would cry for help, and I would come across a lake of water pools(cant let them goto waste). By the time I made it back to floor 2 I was down ess.

Or while on body hounds some cool node would pop up, and cant let that goto waste either =]

No idea if I like training in the runespan, I am sure it is just a mentality, but oh well.

I feel like training on the 1st floor on nodes (mind, water, and the occasional earth) is faster than body esshounds, based on failure rates. Unless they make it so there aren't 15 spawned at once, then esshounds it'll be.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I was actively trying to get 2-3k ess so I could camp the first floor, except the wizard would cry for help, and I would come across a lake of water pools(cant let them goto waste). By the time I made it back to floor 2 I was down ess.

Or while on body hounds some cool node would pop up, and cant let that goto waste either =]

No idea if I like training in the runespan, I am sure it is just a mentality, but oh well.

Can't win em all, it would be a good idea to decide which would offer the best xp, e.g finding a wizard or siphoning nodes if there's a nice amount of them

Now that they've nerfed the node spawn rate, has anyone gotten the xp/hr off of just body esslings?

They fixed nodes, now I'm getting 65k xp/h. :thumbsup:

:shock:

That's absolutely incredible. I don't think anything else in F2P is even close to that.

Best. Update. Ever. :thumbsup:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Is this from camping body esshounds/ siphoning nodes spawns

Alright, now that the nodes are updated to last longer, essence finally has more of a purpose and it's essential to do hounds/esslings in order to do the nodes. I say we...

• Compile a list of the best hounds or esslings (in order) for the most ess per time, and,
  • Compile a list (in order) of the best nodes for xp/hr.

The basic questions come down to: what's the best way to gain essence, and what's the best way to train on nodes (basically a battle between floor 2 random nodes VS. floor 1 mind storms with random nodes).

Post your results as you train :)

--------------------------------------------------

The esslings/hounds in question:

• Air Essling
  • Water Essling
  • Earth Essling
  • Fire Essling
  • Mind Essling
  • Body Esshound

The nodes in question:

• Cyclone
  • Mind storm
  • Water pool
  • Rock fragment
  • Fireball
  • Vine
  • Fleshy growth
  • Fire storm

(random data)

Average experience/times

(variable: 79 runecrafting)

Time to fully siphon (in seconds):

Air Essling

=15.6 seconds

Water Essling

same as air

=15.6 seconds

Earth Essling

same as air

=15.6 seconds

Fire Essling

=20.1 seconds

Mind Essling

=15.1 seconds

Body Esshound

=21.5

Conclusion: Fire esslings and body esshounds take longer but there's the xp factor to account for; overall, though, it seems best to do everything but fire esslings and body esshounds if you want to focus that time on nodes.

EDIT (6:33pm EST): Essling info is finished and posted in spoiler.

EDIT (6:46 EST): Hound info is finished and posted in the spoiler.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

I'm going to camp each creature using the 9 rune trick and post the exp/h you can get with just the creatures (at level 77 rc).

Air essling - 22500 exp/h

Mind essling - 22700 exp/h

Water essling - 26300 exp/h

Earth essling - 26200 exp/h

Fire essling - 33900 exp/h

Body - 36800 exp/h

Starting with a supply of essence and using around 2500 of them (note that one can click to obtain 25 free essence instantly, due to the abundance of "floating essence,"), and siphoning random nodes above mind, and mostly avoiding fleshies (I suspect these are lower due to their high failure rate, I achieved:

70k runecrafting xp in one hour on F2P.

I have to go pick up my jaw now. Be right back.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Just a note:

It's better to record hits/misses and find the accuracy than it is to time yourself for an hour. This removes a lot of variables, such as lag, spawn rate, and time between nodes. Futhermore, it allows you to calculate different combinations of nodes (such as switching between spawns) without having to do much more testing.

Just a note:

It's better to record hits/misses and find the accuracy than it is to time yourself for an hour. This removes a lot of variables, such as lag, spawn rate, and time between nodes. Futhermore, it allows you to calculate different combinations of nodes (such as switching between spawns) without having to do much more testing.

I was planning on doing that later on after I got general exp rates. Do you or anyone else, know how many siphoning attempts you do per hour?

70k runecrafting xp in one hour on F2P.

Shhh! Don't let Jagex hear you. :lol:

Just a note:

So what you're saying is that if, for example, fire esses had a hit rate of 80% while body esses only had 70% fires would give more consistent xp and would therefore be better for training on even though they don't give the highest xp/hit?

Also, isn't RC level a factor in determining the hit/miss rate?

Unless it was changed, you make an attempt every 2 ticks. I usually calc things at 5800 ticks/hour, so you're looking at 2900 attempts/hour. You then multiply 2900 by the weighted xp per attempt (XP * Accuracy).

You should note your rc level while gathering data, but I don't see it having much of an effect, since the nodes seem to have low defense.

I have made some revisions to what I have said earlier. I hope no one will be too disappointed.

Starting with a supply of essence and using around 2500 of them (note that one can click to obtain 25 free essence instantly, due to the abundance of "floating essence,")Clicking only on the floating essence to get free essence, and siphoning random nodes above mind, and mostly avoiding concentrating on fleshies (I suspect these are lower due to their high failure rate, I achieved:

70 69.5k runecrafting xp in one hour on F2P without pre-supplying.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Didn't seem to be able to do that.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...