The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

*wonders what to grind* :mrgreen:

Mining, of course. Everyone needs more Mining. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yeah, but I don't want to get 87 mining... 86 was hard enough.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Or just don't, if you wanna train go to Barb Village and fish salmon/trout and train in the SoS with those. ;)

---

You know you're bored as a skiller in a dungeon when you start doing this:

CosmicBase.png

In other news, Dg Family is starting to recruit on fansites, cheers :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Since the Burthrope update, you can't make an account anymore without it being a member, since they grant you 15 days of free membership.

On top of that, you simply can't start playing untill you complete the Troll Warzone tutorial, which provides P2P experience.

I think we can conclude that F2P no longer has any future, and that Jagex are making this very clear.

I hope you guys start realising this, and don't have too much false hope for any F2P updates, and especially not the Hiscores.

It's a sad thing, but we simply can't do anything about it.

You can still play the game without getting P2P xp at the tutorial. Just do the first few F2P tasks, teleport to lumbridge and go to a F2P world. :)

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Apart from that the trial offer has ended for now....wonder if and when they'll reintroduce it.

I really, really hope they do not >.<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Apart from that the trial offer has ended for now....wonder if and when they'll reintroduce it.

I really, really hope they do not >.<

What exaclty is wrong with it? You don't have to gain P2P experience if you don't want to, and besides, if a pure F2Per has, say, a few thieving levels, what does it matter?

Really I think having a player start off from scratch in f2p is better. Let the player decide for themselves whether they want p2p or not.

It just seems like Jagex is trying to shove membership down into people's throats, especially with this trial and the increased membership price.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Yeah they obviously want players to get membership. It what gets them money. I still can't see the issue with it though. I would think that video ads when hopping worlds or constant pop-ups of "buy members to access this" would be far more detrimental to f2p gameplay...

It's detrimental to pure F2P players because it is likely to greatly reduce to odds that they start off with level 1 in member's skills.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

And that matters because...? Who cares if they have a few P2P levels?

Btw, if the discussion is bothering you or this thread is not the place for it, feel free to tell me so :P I just saw that statement and thought it might be interesting to talk about.

[hide]

Since the Burthrope update, you can't make an account anymore without it being a member, since they grant you 15 days of free membership.

On top of that, you simply can't start playing untill you complete the Troll Warzone tutorial, which provides P2P experience.

I think we can conclude that F2P no longer has any future, and that Jagex are making this very clear.

I hope you guys start realising this, and don't have too much false hope for any F2P updates, and especially not the Hiscores.

It's a sad thing, but we simply can't do anything about it.

You can still play the game without getting P2P xp at the tutorial. Just do the first few F2P tasks, teleport to lumbridge and go to a F2P world. :)

[/hide]

Good to know, Fire Hawk :)

I couldn't teleport to Lumbridge, only gave me the Burthrope option untill I completed the entire tutorial. So maybe I did something wrong, dunno.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Just found out medium lamp is p2p only...

Wonder what else is.

...and a Bronze Crossbow! Subscribe now, or miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own Bronze Crossbow!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Just found out medium lamp is p2p only...

Wonder what else is.

...and a Bronze Crossbow! Subscribe now, or miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own Bronze Crossbow!

I was offered an Addy Crossbow...

I think I'm going to ignore this new "content".

♪♪ And I'm not done

Jagex has already dealt serious blows to the F2P community. The removal of the highscores was one of the worst things to happen. In hindsight, it would appear that that was one of many blows to follow. Jagex is openly trying to destroy the F2P community as far as I can tell. It is unlikely that there will be any more new players who decide to be purely F2P from this point on, which is a sad thing. Through the course of many years the F2P commnunity developed into something wonderful, and now it is being snuffed out in the name of profits. I am very dissapointed with the direction that Runescape is heading. Will Runescape itself die out from these actions? No. However the F2P game which I and many others have loved through the years is clearly spriraling into oblivion.

My perspective may seem overly negative, however I truly see this as the shape of things to come. We have not seen the end of this quest to extinguish the F2P game.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

The F2P worlds are filled with bots again. Seems that'll be the final straw, looking at how decimated it was before.

♪♪ And I'm not done

The F2P worlds are filled with bots again. Seems that'll be the final straw, looking at how decimated it was before.

Hmm, I don't see a lot of bots where I train...

Where do you see them mostly?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Fishing at karmaja just shot up in people number, I would usually see 5-6 people, currently over 20.

The price on nearly everything(airs, food, ores) is falling and has been for at least a week, I think it is more than just some bxp clearance sale.