The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

So we are a little after the bot nuke; as expected all raw materials spiked in price.

With all the price hikes, f2p now has at least 6-7 methods of 250k+gp/hr, do you prefer this environment, or the previous were things were cheap, but money making was 'slower'.

I know it is all relative, but making money quicker is mentally much cooler to me.

I prefered the prices before the Bot Nuke. The high prices has only affected me negatively since I'm done with all the money skills except Prayer and it was already an expensive skill before but compared to today it was cheap and I don't make money using skills.

EDIT: After reading Kaida's post above mine, I guess I am a bit selfish but that's what I prefer for my own sake.

Edited by Bini

Only low level consumables have spiked? I guess if you leave out the notable exception of big bones....

I don't know if I'd consider big bones to be "low leveled", but fair enough. All bones have spiked pretty hard. I was mostly referring to how the higher level ores/bars/fish/logs have remained pretty much the same, while the lower levels ones have, in some cases, gone up as much as almost 10 times their pre-nuke value.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Only low level consumables have spiked? I guess if you leave out the notable exception of big bones....

I made mass profit on this out of sheer dumb luck. I bought all the big bones I needed for 99 prayer (about 864k of them) a few months ago for just 309 each. I still have all of them. Imagine how happy I am now :D

(sorry to be cheeky, but this is the first "really good" thing that's happened to me in my 7 years of playing RS)

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Now you get the choice of keeping for the 99 pray, or selling for... the 450m, hmmmmmmm

I do dislike that prayer has now turned to a 400m+ for 99, I was getting semi-close to the 250m, now it is a bit further away.

but like kaida said for low levels, even rc profits at lvl 11.... I do not think we have ever seen that.

Now you get the choice of keeping for the 99 pray, or selling for... the 450m, hmmmmmmm

Unfortunately the only thing I would even want to spend money on (besides buying 99 crafting and rc, which really aren't huge expenses) is a purple phat, because it goes well with my outfit. ;) I have no other use for money besides that stuff. But considering the phat costs more than twice the amount I'd need even if I did sell the bones, I just don't think that's gonna happen. I'll probably just bury them eventually.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Bones gone up so much, that I'm once again starting to lose hope... I wish I can get over it again, going for max melee + range atm, after that I'm not sure if I'll keep playing or quit for now at least, since my goals seem very unrealistic right now thanks to some decisions related to my playing :P

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Congratulations!

Was wondering if there might be some f2p player on here willing to take me under there wing and act as a mentor to me ingame name is 4om I would be very gratefull mainly just want advice on training exct not too much either add 4om or msg me on here any help greatly appreciated.

So, nothing much has changed in the f2p game while I was away.

Except for the ever-useful money pouch and tool belt :D why you can't store rune hatchets and pickaxes on it is beyond me...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Congratulations!

Was wondering if there might be some f2p player on here willing to take me under there wing and act as a mentor to me ingame name is 4om I would be very gratefull mainly just want advice on training exct not too much either add 4om or msg me on here any help greatly appreciated.

Hm, I would say just post whatever you want in here, and it would give us more to chat about.

I've been working on my f2p character lately and was curious which dungeoneering rewards are useful in free to play for raising combat and non-combat skills(though I don't really want to pk)?

Gravite Rapier is the best weapon to train with.

Coal and Gem Bags cost almost nothing and they're really useful if you mine/superheat.

Smithing scroll(efficiency?)

coal bag if you smelt at a furnace, or do the mine an ore then super it into a bar thing.

Rapier is quickest xp... if you have enough money/tokens laying about.

frost tome if you want to do a lot of bones to banans.

We had a talk about frost vs blastbox for combat magic training, at the time runes were super cheap so blast came out ahead, now? shrug. Also on combat magic get the best arcane necklace.

If you only had the tokens for 1 gravite, I'd consider the 2h. The difference between 2h and rapier at low def is surprisingly small, but 2h has some uses outside training; it's much better in pvp situations. Obviously dg isn't too hard, so only having the tokens for 1 gravite is a bit ridiculous :P

I have a few questions regarding F2P training..

1) Dungeoneering - Is it better to solo or to team? Teaming obviously yields faster xp, but the stress of forming a team, and the chance of there being newbs on the team (especially on lower levels), and the countless number of people who aren't aware that 90+ teams lead to half base xp... Isn't it better to avoid all the complications and just solo? I've tried to find a good dunging team, but no luck so far.

On the subject, I recently bought a Nature Staff (Boyyy do I regret it), and I also have a Coal Bag, Longbow Sight, and Gravite 2H.. I'm saving up for a Gravite Rapier, and after (or even before) I obtain that, what other F2P rewards are worth it.

2) Magic - Simple question, really.. What's the best item to high alch? Or is there a better way to train Magic in F2P than High Alching?

3) Runecrafting - I'm currently training Runecrafting in the following way; I raise a bit of money, usually by Mining, then buy as many air talismans as I can, then I play GOP for some tokens, then I buy Air Altar Teleport tokens, then I make Air Tiaras. It's pretty fast xp, but the problem is that it's expensive and that I have to play GOP, which I hate doing (mostly because I suck at it). What other ways would you guys recommend, that provide decent xp at no cost (or a profit) and that don't involve running back and forth from an atlar to a bank?

4) Smithing - I trained Artisan's Workshop till 60+ Smithing, but then the Bot Nuke went off, and now Iron Ore is over 300 a pop.. This makes it a ratio of 3gp/xp, which is doable, but not very practical for me.. What methods would you guys recommend?

Also, what's the best non-merchanting way to make money in F2P?

All my skills are 60+, except for Runecrafting, which is 55, and I have a few skills at 70: Woodcutting, Firemaking, Mining, Fishing, Cooking, and Dungeoneering.. Combat level is 79, total level is around 1050.

1) At your current level just solo, teams probably won't accept you in world 61 unless you're 80+ dg. Also if you're w7 dging who cares about the 90+ xp thing. Just pretend ALL teams are penalized.

2) Superheat is better xp/h and a good way to train smithing.

3) You could play Fist of Guthix, buy a bunch of earth gloves, and (sadly) run back and forth crafting earths with said gloves. That's the only way I'd recommend btw, if you don't want to burn through so much cash.

4) I'd wait till iron ore goes down. But until then, look at superheating as a way to train smithing and magic at the same time.

I'd say mining rune is still the best way to make money in f2p, although at current prices iron ore is not too shabby either. Make money with irons right now, until you can mine rune.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

3) You could play Fist of Guthix, buy a bunch of earth gloves, and (sadly) run back and forth crafting earths with said gloves. That's the only way I'd recommend btw, if you don't want to burn through so much cash.

You mean The Great Orb Project I presume?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

You mean The Great Orb Project I presume?

No, I'm confident he does mean Fist of Guthix as there you can buy the elemental gloves, bar fire, wich double the runecrafting experience while crafting the runes.

He suggested Earth Gloves as the price for each set of gloves (air, water or earth) is the same, the effect is the same namely 1000 essence doubled, while the bonus experience is much more. (6500 bonus compared to the 5000 bonus of the air gloves.)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

4) Smithing - I trained Artisan's Workshop till 60+ Smithing, but then the Bot Nuke went off, and now Iron Ore is over 300 a pop.. This makes it a ratio of 3gp/xp, which is doable, but not very practical for me.. What methods would you guys recommend?

Also, what's the best non-merchanting way to make money in F2P?

All my skills are 60+, except for Runecrafting, which is 55, and I have a few skills at 70: Woodcutting, Firemaking, Mining, Fishing, Cooking, and Dungeoneering.. Combat level is 79, total level is around 1050.

As Sonikku said, superheating is probably your best bet to train smithing/mage. I know Water has a great guide on youtube that outlines methods and speeds for pretty much every superheating method available to F2P.

As for money making, I was writing a guide about a year ago but RL got in the way and it got set aside. I do still have my old spreadsheet (here) that you can use for general reference for skill related money making. Some of the figures and formulas may be broken, but it's more or less a general guide to show you relative profits per hour of most skilling activities. Beside the skill you will see my level is backets, such as Woodcutting (99). That's the level that I did all of the tests at. So naturally you won't be able to get, say, as many yews per hour as I did, but cutting oaks may very well be near the same speed.

I'd say mining rune is still the best way to make money in f2p, although at current prices iron ore is not too shabby either. Make money with irons right now, until you can mine rune.

From what I remember of Runeite mining, I'm not sure it's *the* best skilling way to make money in F2P anymore. Given the current prices, I'm not even sure it's the most profitable. Mining iron or clay is much easier, doesn't require hopping worlds a thousand times and makes almost as much (if not more). Heck even basic-cut-them-at-level-1-with-a-bronze-axe logs are worth 259gp each right now. The Nuke has given F2P a lot more options for making 300k+ gp/hr than ever before.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I have a few other questions.

Right now, I'm working on Dungeoneering, towards a gravite weapon for training. However, I was wondering what the best set ups and locations were for melee training(at 50 att/str/def lets say) and range training(at 40-50), as well as ideal method to train woodcutting from 40-70?

Jijilentosmi.gif