The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Lol. I know. :lol:

I just read in the June BTS that these were given to everybody. I don't see why if only people with at least a year of continual membership will be allowed into the beta test.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You silly goose. You can buy members now and hope to be one of the 50,000! P.S. this is a sweepstakes, no purchase necessary.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

So, looks like you can't make a f2p account anymore without activating the membership trials.

I tried registering a new F2P only account, and it wouldn't let me log in until i validated my email, which thus gave me 14 day membership trial, saw absolutely no way to decline the offer...

Luckily if I ever feel like making a new acc, it will probably be P2P. Already have enough accs in F2P. Sad for those that want to be F2P though. These days I somehow don't see too many ppl making the decision to be F2P outright when starting playing though, with Jagex leaving us out of the hiscores etc., which will greatly lower ppl's motivation when starting out. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm slowly starting to lose interest and motivation, yet again, in skilling anything. Might also be due to stress and being tired thanks to work, but we'll see. All my friends keep me logging in every day, and probably will keep me doing so years from now, assuming RS will still be up ;)

Good luck to all in skilling, and grats to Kaida for 99 Mining here as well, you huge noob!

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Thanks, Makk. :grin:

I'll just leave this here for you all to be envious of. :wink:

99mining1l.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You can say that you've gained a mastery in the hardest skill left.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Logged in for the first time in a month today, and it said because i have connected my email (which i did ages ago when you could first do it) that i was entitled to extra bank spaces which i already thought i had, a cape, an exp lamp and some other stuff. I misclicked close the message by accident, so where can i claim this stuff?

Is there anything special happening for the diamond jubilee? Or any other interesting f2p updates since february?

P.S Just realised the price for green h'ween mask is 79m, i bought it for 150m....

SUPER.gif

Yeah, a lot of the lower end rares have crashed pretty hard the last few months.

If you go to Diango, you can get an xp lamp (which can be banked, btw) and a Cape of Validation. If you right click on the cape while it's in your inventory (you can't do it while it's being worn), you get the option of adding the "The Real" title to your name.

As for the Jubilee, the current Cryptic Clue Fest if Jubilee themed. I believe free players will be getting a scepter of some kind as the final reward. Also, check out the main square in Varrock. It's decorated for the Jubilee and you can buy a couple of Jubilee themed items there.

I had a full invent when i logged in, i didnt realise that you get the lamp when you log in. So it must have dropped to the floor, does that mean i have lost it forever? If so thats so unfair, 8k exp down the drain...

SUPER.gif

You need to talk to Diango and choose the last dialog option (not right-click "Redeem Items") to obtain the lamp. It is not given upon login.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You need to talk to Diango and choose the last dialog option (not right-click "Redeem Items") to obtain the lamp. It is not given upon login.

There is none, are you sure it isnt given on login someone told me it was?

SUPER.gif

Nope. Just talk to him to get the lamp. Arceus is partially right though, in order to get the cape you have to claim it from your holiday items.

Nope. Just talk to him to get the lamp. Arceus is partially right though, in order to get the cape you have to claim it from your holiday items.

Oh i was confused and thought Arceus was talking about the lamp, what option is it to claim the lamp?

SUPER.gif

If I remember correctly, you just have to talk to him and he'll give it to you. There is no option for it.

If I remember correctly, you just have to talk to him and he'll give it to you. There is no option for it.

Is mine glitched, i never got offered an exp lamp? If so what can i do about it? None of the mods will believe me

EDIT: Is it because at first i right clicked and went on holiday items instead of talking to him? That could have glitched it?

EDIT 2: Just did it with my second account and i think its glitched. If you right click holiday items first then you will never get your lamp

SUPER.gif

EDIT 2: Just did it with my second account and i think its glitched. If you right click holiday items first then you will never get your lamp

I can confirm this. I just tried with one of my other accs and the same thing happened. Got the cape and the title and everything, but no lamp.

It doesn't give that much xp. It's the same as a small xp lamp from the SoF.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Shiny_XP_lamp

Definitely enjoying being purely F2P on my new (well, old) account. People are on average nicer and more willing to chat, and the atmosphere is much more relaxed. :smile: On the other hand, I'm a little nervous about the impact of this combat beta on PKing, which what I plan to predominately do.

Oh well; I may just Dungeoneer & Afkspan instead. <3:

I think the combat update will be good for everyone, even us. RS combat, especially in F2P, has been pretty much the same since the game's inception.

Aren't you looking forward to rediscovering the best setup to kill people with?

Personally, I hope the combat update is not implemented in F2P. It looks to me like something that would have a real negative impact on most of our training methods, and from what i have seen in the videos, only P2Pers would really reap the benefits to begin with. I'm just glad i finished my melees off before they sprung this on us.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Personally, I hope the combat update is not implemented in F2P. It looks to me like something that would have a real negative impact on most of our training methods, and from what i have seen in the videos, only P2Pers would really reap the benefits to begin with. I'm just glad i finished my melees off before they sprung this on us.

What specifically about the changes do you believe would have a negative impact on our training methods?

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

It's for f2p cause they stated F2P will get some abilities but P2P have more options to these special perks