The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Well, this new combat may be the F2P killer...

On the beta, Black Dragons are only level 114 combat (Meaning any combat 144 + will only get 10% exp for killing).

On f2p, the highest combat monster is Greater Demons iirc, which I highly doubt will be even 100+ combat based on this.

Lets say GDs become 114 combat too (highly unlikely), this would mean after 144 combat, which is the equivalent of 72 defence and 72 strength (or att/magic/ranging), and you would only get 10% combat exp forever after this point at best on f2p. Of course nothing is set in stone yet, but we do know Jagex has been slowly trying to kill F2P over the last year, this may be the next major attack...

On the beta, Black Dragons are only level 114 combat (Meaning any combat 144 + will only get 10% exp for killing).

On f2p, the highest combat monster is Greater Demons iirc, which I highly doubt will be even 100+ combat based on this.

Lets say GDs become 114 combat too (highly unlikely), this would mean after 144 combat, which is the equivalent of 72 defence and 72 strength (or att/magic/ranging), and you would only get 10% combat exp forever after this point at best on f2p. Of course nothing is set in stone yet, but we do know Jagex has been slowly trying to kill F2P over the last year, this may be the next major attack...

My understanding was that it was your combat skill that you are training VS the monster's combat level. So basically if you have 94 Strength and train Strength, you could kill monsters as low as 64cb, meaning Greater Demons and the like would still be on the table. Or if you had 99 attack, you could kill creatures as low as level 69 to keep training it, even if your combat is that ridiculous 200.

It is definitely going to have a large scale negative impact on our training methods and combat in general, but I'm almost positive it isn't going to make it impossible to train after a certain level. Just a lot more work for probably less xp/hr, because ofc 40K/hr is too much for us.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

My understanding was that it was your combat skill that you are training VS the monster's combat level. So basically if you have 94 Strength and train Strength, you could kill monsters as low as 64cb, meaning Greater Demons and the like would still be on the table. Or if you had 99 attack, you could kill creatures as low as level 69 to keep training it, even if your combat is that ridiculous 200.

It is definitely going to have a large scale negative impact on our training methods and combat in general, but I'm almost positive it isn't going to make it impossible to train after a certain level. Just a lot more work for probably less xp/hr, because ofc 40K/hr is too much for us.

Well if that's the case, I definitely don't mind this at all, I just hope you are correct, because I read it as the combat levels being the factor. This would keep it still very open, so i'll cross my fingers for that, been holding off going back to my f2p because of all this lol.

Mhmm, it would keep it a bit more open for sure. It was on that "Og Blog" thingy, in the update where he corrected himself after his first post made such a scandal. Even with that amendment though, I'm guessing the creatures we normally train on will still be off limits.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Not to mention Hellhounds are actually the highest-leveled monster in F2P (not including the rev knight):

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Hellhound

Don't know about you, but fighting hellhounds all day would be... hell.

Indeed it would ;) Just saying there are options, however unappealing they may be.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

You will get 10% less exp, so it's actually 90% of the original exp.

[404] Signature not found.

It's 10% of the original experience.

The XP reduction kicks in based on comparing your offensive stat to the enemy Defence level, and in fact does not use your overall combat level. Here is an example:

I have 99 Attack, 99 Defence and 1 Magic.

I Mage an NPC with 50 Defence, and I have selected to Mage defensively, so gaining Magic and Defence XP.

Let's say this NPC awards 200 XP, therefore 50% (100 XP) is for Magic and 50% (100 XP) is for Defence.

My Defence skill is more than 30 levels above the NPC so this XP is reduced down to 10% (10 XP).

However, my Magic skill is less than 30 levels away from the NPC so I get 100% of my Magic XP (100 XP).

I am awarded 10 Defence XP and 100 Magic XP.

The reduction is only applied down, never up. So if I kill an NPC that is 50 levels higher than my offence and defence skill, I will be awarded 100% of the XP.

However, if my offence and defence skills are 30+ levels above the NPC I kill, I shall only be awarded 10% of the XP.

From what I've been told, these are the combat levels of a few F2P NPC's on the beta servers:

Level in beta - (Current level) - NPC

170 - (83) - Shades

100 - (82) - Lesser demon

86, 88, 90 - (75, 82, 86) - Ankous

78 - (57) - Ice warriors

76, 77 - (64, 68) - Catablepons

74 - (53) - Ice giants

69 - (77) - Ghosts with level 90 ankous in same room

62 - (68) - Skeletons with level 86 ankous in same room

57 - (50) - Giant spiders

56 - (44) - Flesh crawlers (most northern room with the zombies)

52 - (83) - Cockroach soldiers

38, 37 - (59) Scorpions 2 rooms east from main room in the stronghold (3rd, green floor)

17 - (53) - Zombies (most northern room with the flesh crawlers)

Don't know the new levels for greater demons, hellhounds or the revenants yet.

...also you only get like 4 xp for a 150 hit now on a shade so it's nowhere near worth training on for xp.

But, could we figure out the strength levels for those somehow by knowing the highest hit of these NPC's and then finding out the defence after that?

Is there any way to determine the defence level? For anyone with a 99 in an offensive stat, I suppose the NPC would need to have 70 defence so they could gain some good xp from it in F2P.

Yes, there are formulas to figure it out now, but obviously theyre changing with the update. Jagex has been very nice and gave us a way to check accuracy, so it'll be fairly easy to figure things out, but I'd give it a few days to make sure they got the numbers right.

It's 10% of the original experience.

Oh, sorry. Looks like Jagex can't translate properly. It's written wrong in the german blog... :(

[404] Signature not found.

I heard that RuneScape will be multi-combat everywhere. Training on hellhounds already stinks because you've got to bank alot, now imagine being attacked by multiple of them. Killing for 10 minites, banking for 10 minites, killing for 10 minites and so on... If they don't give more xp/hit than low leveled monsters then I see no point in this update. Gaining less xp/hour at a higher level is ridiculous <_<

Not to mention Giants. Where can I train on to get big bones and decent combat xp?

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad to see this thread seems to be going under :(

Anyways, I have seen in an og blog that the new defence requirement for rune armour will be 50. What is everyone elses feelings on this as in game nobody seems to even know about it.

I think most of the F2P discussion on TIF is being rerouted here now.

Anyways, I have seen in an og blog that the new defence requirement for rune armour will be 50. What is everyone elses feelings on this as in game nobody seems to even know about it.

I was a little surprised when I first read about that in the og blog, but I don't think it's anything to get upset over. Raising melee stats is generally a pretty easy task, especially when your levels are that low. 40 to 50 is by no means hard. ;)

• Like 1

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Bothers me somewhat...especially cause I got 40 defense just to wear rune, and I'm not planning on raising my combat any further till i get 1k overall

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

That's interesting. Maybe it will help a little bit with the fact that attaining rune is so easy it homogonizes things.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think the change to the level requirement is fine over all, but it kills like 3 of my side accounts that have funky stats... One has 40 defence, attack, and range with 9hp, its gonna be brutal grinding out the lamps again. :(

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

Jagex decided not to implement the combat xp penalty so we don't have to worry about that :cool:

For P2P that is. They're going to be very consistant, and make combat just like dungeoneering.

E: trollface. But I wouldn't expect any less from them.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

They did implement it for F2P, and I'm not sure how/if it will change with the EoC update. I guess we'll find out.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.