The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

It is, but it's a bit trickier since new characters are pretty much forced into the trial.

I haven't done this personally, but as I understand it the trick is to not log in right away when you make a new character. Exit and then go back to the login screen and log in normally and pick a F2P world. That way you're not immediately dropped into Taverly or Burthorpe or where ever. The general consensus is that as long as you don't log into a members' world during the trial, you're still pure F2P (mileage may vary, the whole membership trial is a pretty sticky issue for some people).

The other option, of course, is to make a new character and not log in at all for two weeks until the trial expires. But who could resist playing for two weeks? ;)

btw - Welcome to TIF! :)

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Thank you, I am thinking about making a pure f2p account for if i get bored on my main, not to play hardcore or so. I would really like to ever achieve a f2p 99 (although I've only gotten one 99 ever)

also, how does runespan work in f2p?

Glad to hear you got it sorted. :thumbup:

F2P Runespan is pretty much as wormy described it, but functionally it's the same as on members worlds (ie: drain creatures to get runes and ess, drain nodes for better xp). You'll find the xp rates are slower than P2P, but still incredibly fast compared to crafting at the altars.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

F2P Runespan is pretty much as wormy described it, but functionally it's the same as on members worlds (ie: drain creatures to get runes and ess, drain nodes for better xp). You'll find the xp rates are slower than P2P, but still incredibly fast compared to crafting at the altars.

I believe F2P runespan has a larger % increase over F2P altars, than the P2P increase has over oronia altar. Anyone able to confirm this?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

This is anecdotal but in my experiences, and information from friends; F2P runecrafting is ~10-12k xp/hr making air runes (without gloves), and ~15k xp/hr making body tiaras. F2P Runespan is ~40k xp/hr (this value I'm not entirely sure about). ZMI runecrafting is ~60k xp/hr and P2P Runespan ~100k xp/hr.

I found F2P rcing at altars to be closer to the 5-7K/hr range without gloves and tele tabs, around 15K with gloves and with both gloves and teletabs around 30K/hr. F2P runespan is between 55 and 65K/hr depending on node spawns.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

How did everyone else do?

I didn't check exact numbers, but I based on level up pics from before and after (fortunately showing my xp counter) I estimate that I gained an approximate total of 1.5M xp over the weekend, which means I gained ~300,000 bonus xp.

That's twice the amount of Prayer xp I gained, and my Prayer went up 8 levels. :o

Welcome to TIF and the wonderful world of F2P! :)

If you have any questions, this is the place to do it so don't hesitate.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the conventional wisdom on the 10 binds?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'll probably go with: frac spear, frac platebody, spine longbow, frac gaunts?

(assuming you can bind more than one ammo type)

cosmics, laws, frac arrows

Darn... still no multiple ammo spots, so... no idea on what else I will bind.

Dunno what these will be like in EOC mode so if I find one I'll also get:

blastbox, catty staff

aside from spine shortbow what is the 'best' weapon to clear small floors solo c1/c6 cmb 120+?

Spear is better than 2h and will remain better than 2h in eoc due to its speed.

I don't think there really is a set 10 binds, although the obvious things to bind would be spear, gaunts, boots, chain/plate, bow, staff (fire or catalytic). Additional binds could probably include helm, legs etc. I've currently got as my main 4 binds as spear, boots, gaunts, and chain, but might change the chain for staff after eoc as fire blasts only require fire + air runes.

Speaking of eoc, would really hope jagex fix the runecrafting in dg, or it'll be 2010 dg all over again.

Midnight.png

For Sees All1:

Level 136 Deadly Red Spiders

91/91/91 stats, with combat level 185

Using rune mace (crush weakness) and melee abilities

conservative estimate of 10k xp per 5 min

extrapolated amount comes to a maximum 120k/h

The problem? It gets boring altogether too fast to bother paying attention.

The spiders also drop nothing.

Security spiders have considerably lower xp gain, cut at roughly half the 50k/h rate, if not even lower.

Other stuff:

If Jagex does not allow F2P to make cosmic and law runes in dungeoneering post-EOC, it would be best to bind cosmic runes in the ammo slot.

Shades in dungeoneering are weak to crush. Most everything else is weak to some type of spell or another. The latter is also true outside of Daemonheim, as the F2P area is populated with undead.

Tanglegum staff (the one usually turned into water) has all 4 elemental types.

The death rune's only use in F2P is to teleblock.

Chaos is useful in the curse spell which boosts your damage by 5%.

I know a variety of celestial staff does for p2p, maybe tanglegum is the ftp alternative

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Just thought I should mention, Stones Boy became the 8th Pure F2per to max since Dungeoneering was released about 30 minutes ago :D

• Like 1

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Congratulations, Stones Boy! :thumbsup: