The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

>log into a P2P world without gaining P2P exp

>still considered F2P

>wat

Well, the pride in having a pure f2p account is that the character hasn't gained any experience or items using members methods.

So, being forced to log into members and then switching out would still count since you've done neither.

• Like 1

~M

Like I said, it's a touchy subject. But not everyone realizes that there are ways around being forced into logging into a members world, so logging out right away and then sticking to free worlds for the rest of the trial is acceptable in my eyes. Besides, how's anyone going to know that you were logged into a mems world for 5 seconds after account creation unless you tell them? ;)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Obviously you can always lie and pretend that you were pure F2P when you were on a members world and did some training even if only of F2P skills. However, I feel that if you received no benefit from being on members world and you wre only there long enough to log out... It really just depends on how strict people want to be... I think it is silly to reduce community more because you don't want to count something like that. (logging off immediately, especially as it is not 100% widely known how to avoid logging in at all)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Aren't you on the highscores for 2 weeks regardless, if you create a new account? (since all new accounts have two weeks of membership?)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If you got a skill level high enough to be ranked, yes.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If you don't gain experience in any member's skills, you should be fine.

The thing most pure F2Per's should be concerned about are high level people pretending to be pure F2P while training F2P skills on P2P worlds. The reason being is the faster training advantages realized.

At low levels (right after account creation), any advantage is minimal.

Anyone else find that dungeoneering with leeches now incurs severe XP penalties? The irony.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Is the whole team penalized, or just the leachers?

Honestly, I have no idea what anyone is talking about with the auto-log into P2P world. Just created my first account since the trial was activated and I had logged in to the lobby just fine, and then from there logged into a F2P world.

Also, grey areas are bullshit, they shouldn't exist.

Exactly. Since it can be changed at will to any of the four basic elements, it eliminates the need to have separate elemental staves.

Is the whole team penalized, or just the leachers?

Entire team.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Was wondering, does anyone know the fastest time for a solo (1:1) f2p dungeon? I know the fastest time for a 5:5 is currently 52 seconds.

Was told I might now hold the record (which I doubt), and it got me wondering :P

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Making a new account is bad anyways, I tried so hard to remember an old Runescape account I used back in the day and I found out that I didn't put members on so I am pure F2P.

When you make a new account you have these annoying things:

- After your first trade you have a 25k limit until you become P2P.

- Some items can only stack up to 300, for example cutting willows, after every 300 you have to go sell them or w.e

That's just some.

Yeah, it's bad that new accounts now have limits on them but it's had the unexpected bonus of limiting (to some extent) the amount of F2P bots. They're still all over the place, but they're not nearly as prevalent as they are in members worlds.

Probably not. Can't be bothered to go to one of those anyway.

I'm also glad that the xp penalty has been lifted for parties of 5 combatants and imposed if there were too many low levels. This had always been the case in P2P and I'm glad Jagex made F2P the same way.

Just wondering, what's the ideal hotbar setup for melee, ranged, and magic?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

For dungeoneering?

I think I would want all of the "hit multiple enemies" abilities

skip the damage over time, except for the magic "force choke" that thing hits hard.

And all of the "first level hits +125%"

then teles home/gate/ggs

No, not just for dungeoneering. I was referring to training in general.

It just depends on what you're training really... However, the best combinations I've found using ranged for an example. I usually start out with the piercing shot, then use fragmentation shot, then kick, then back to piercing shot. If that doesn't kill them I repeat and also throw in a binding shot to stun them for longer so i can use more piercing shots. Timing the attacks with your auto attacks especially is useful as it's like having two attacks going. The reason I use this combination is because it allows me to take full use of my abilities because I always have my 3s recharge one available, and I can use it with my auto attack. Whenever I can though I also stun to add more damage to that, and the second option I use is comboing the DOT effect of frag shot with kick so they sometimes get 3x damage for moving a space. If you time these abilities right, and then also line up your auto-attacks with them it leads to some really great hits and fast kills.

TL;DR: Use the 3s recharge ability often with auto attacks. combo DOT with a kick, and also stun as often as possible so that your 3s ability does more damage when it hits.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

My ranged rotation:

Piercing Shot > filler > Piercing Shot > filler etc, except when Deadshot is available and can do lots of damage.

"Filler" can be, in order of best to worst:

• Snap Shot
  • Fragmentation Shot
  • Ricochet (unless afraid of fighting multiple enemies at once)
  • Binding Shot
  • Anticipation
  • Freedom (it gives you a small amount of adrenaline, which is more useful than just standing around doing nothing).

Deadshot to be used when available and the enemy is high enough on health.

My mage rotation:

Wrack > filler > Wrack etc.

"Filler" can be, in order of best to worst:

• Asphyxiate (seriously, don't delay this thing)
  • Combust
  • Impact (some people may prioritize this above Combust)
  • Chain (unless afraid of fighting multiple enemies)
  • Anticipation
  • Freedom

Anticipation and Freedom should not to be used when dual wielding, because your auto attacks can sneak through the 1.8 second window, offering a greater DPS increase than the extra adrenaline from Anticipation and Freedom.

I personally use Omnipower when available, but I prioritize Asphyxiate over it as it can prove more useful.

I'd also mention my melee rotation, but frankly, I can't remember it and I always forget something when I set it up.

As for how they are set up on the action bar, it's personal preference. I like to place my strongest ability on button 1, but other people probably do things differently. As long as the buttons that are most likely to be pressed in quick succession are close to each other, you should be fine.

22031_s.gif

I'd like to add that I recommend also bringing a shield (shieldbow for ranged) if you're not already using a one-handed weapon and putting Rejuvenate on your abilities bar as it completely eliminates the need for food.

I usually wait until I'm at about half my lifepoints and then use it. Just remember to keep the shield equipped until it's done. If you switch back too soon it will stop.

• Like 1