The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Quickly, to the G.E.! :P

Is it wrong that I'm kind of excited for this and can't wait to get home and see what changes the eoc has made? I didn't try the beta at all, so this is going to be completely new to me. It will be like stepping off of Tutorial Island all over again, and that's pretty cool. :)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

<p>They were very relevant for a great number of people.

Anyways after loading the EOC for 4 hours and 15 minutes I got in!

Ran to an uncrowded place... bam crash, here we go again.... blue-d'hide sets are not yet f2p

>implying Jagex is even intending to give us f2pers the hiscores back and that wasn't just an empty promise.

You are aware the reason they took F2P highscores out was because they became completely irrelevant, right?

Irrelevant in what way? Can I have some proof on your opinion? This whole thread has facts of people making use of F2P High Scores, in what way did you come with irrelevant?

Anyways, Dungeoneering Combat Penalty is gone, happy dungeoneering 8-)

>implying Jagex is even intending to give us f2pers the hiscores back and that wasn't just an empty promise.

You are aware the reason they took F2P highscores out was because they became completely irrelevant, right?

Irrelevant in what way? Can I have some proof on your opinion? This whole thread has facts of people making use of F2P High Scores, in what way did you come with irrelevant?

Anyways, Dungeoneering Combat Penalty is gone, happy dungeoneering 8-)

It's not an opinion.

The F2P highscores were bots taking up all the higher spots, with the legitimate F2P players being unable to keep up considering the super low exp rates in F2P.

Just thought I should mention, Stones Boy became the 8th Pure F2per to max since Dungeoneering was released about 30 minutes ago :D

Is this including El popo1?

Off the top of my head: El popo1, 3008jasper, Tezaki1, leon, kameeru, lokizorro, kadour ziani, micahal, arkhangelsk (lumikki) and maybe a few more I missed

Midnight.png

Just thought I should mention, Stones Boy became the 8th Pure F2per to max since Dungeoneering was released about 30 minutes ago :D

Off the top of my head: El popo1, 3008jasper, Tezaki1, leon, kameeru, lokizorro, kadour ziani, micahal, arkhangelsk (lumikki) and maybe a few more I missed

Leon isn't 1614(unsure on what hes missing), Kameeru isn't 1614(he is missing 99 pray), Lokizorro got banned(unsure if he made it to 1614 before that), Micahal isn't 1614(to the best of my knowledge), Arkangelsk(no clue who this is but it sounds familiar).

Just thought I should mention, Stones Boy became the 8th Pure F2per to max since Dungeoneering was released about 30 minutes ago biggrin.gif

Leon isn't 1614(unsure on what hes missing), Kameeru isn't 1614(he is missing 99 pray), Lokizorro got banned(unsure if he made it to 1614 before that), Micahal isn't 1614(to the best of my knowledge), Arkangelsk(no clue who this is but it sounds familiar).

I think I used to know Lokizorro. Is it known why he was banned? A quick search did not seem promising.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

>implying that a majority of p2pers now aren't bots.

Look at the damn Hunt hs for [bleep] sake. Of the top 1k, maybe, just maybe 100 are human players.

Take off your rose-coloured glasses and accept the fact that p2p bots are just as bad/worse as f2p bots.

The difference being that P2P players can actually make their way to the top of the highscores, while in F2P, next to no-one can.

And if f2p bots and players alike are completely unable to compete with p2p bots then what is the point of the removal from the high scores?

The facts they gave us in this case were highly illogical, so it is hard to accept "just because of bots" as the defining reason why the high scores were removed for f2p, let alone their utility to the average f2p player which was far greater than simply ranking.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

The removal happened right after the nuke iirc. So it kinda makes sense for jagex to have wanted to get rid of those accounts that no longer played because they were bots but were not banned to keep the hs compedative. But as bots are back in full force in p2p, that argument is more or less moot now. Not to mention there were plenty of ways they could have made the hs competitive without removing f2p.

Look at the damn Hunt hs for [bleep] sake. Of the top 1k, maybe, just maybe 100 are human players.

Take off your rose-coloured glasses and accept the fact that p2p bots are just as bad/worse as f2p bots.

The difference being that P2P players can actually make their way to the top of the highscores, while in F2P, next to no-one can.

Next to no-one making it to the top of the hiscores is an illogical point. Due to the fact that P2P offers plenty of faster methods compared to what F2P has. Not to mention it is highly illogical to assume that back in the day F2P's weren't all over the HS top pages. There have been multiple skills with multiple F2Pers on the front page: Range, Mage, Smith, Firemake, Mine, Craft. Multiple others have been top 100: Fishing, Strength, Cook, Pray, Runecraft, Defence, Woodcut, Hp. Even though Range, Mage, Smith, Firemake, Mine, Craft were listed as front page skills, there were multiple F2Pers in the top 100 or abouts, myself included with 107th in Firemaking back in 2010. Pretty much all skills have had F2Pers in the top page/top 100. So don't go spouting illogical bullshit when there have been F2Pers who have been where not many people have. Plus we all started as F2Pers, so why is it a logical reason to remove us from the HS when F2P was here way before P2P was.

Pretty much summed it up. Lokizorro was accused and convicted of macroing, and Arkangelsk was proven to not be F2P, despite any claims, way back when a certain player known as Isthatok ran something called the 250 List. I can't be bothered to look through over 100 pages of the old 250 thread to find the post for each of them, but it's there.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Pretty much summed it up. Lokizorro was accused and convicted of macroing, and Arkangelsk was proven to not be F2P, despite any claims, way back when a certain player known as Isthatok ran something called the 250 List. I can't be bothered to look through over 100 pages of the old 250 thread to find the post for each of them, but it's there.

Hmm, I might remember Ark tbh. I remember running into a "Pure F2Per" back in the day with a green phat and hp cape claiming they were pure F2P but that their brother was a J-mod and gave them the items. Is this the same person, or am I just remembered another wannabe F2Per.

Next to no-one making it to the top of the hiscores is an illogical point. Due to the fact that P2P offers plenty of faster methods compared to what F2P has. Not to mention it is highly illogical to assume that back in the day F2P's weren't all over the HS top pages. There have been multiple skills with multiple F2Pers on the front page: Range, Mage, Smith, Firemake, Mine, Craft. Multiple others have been top 100: Fishing, Strength, Cook, Pray, Runecraft, Defence, Woodcut, Hp. Even though Range, Mage, Smith, Firemake, Mine, Craft were listed as front page skills, there were multiple F2Pers in the top 100 or abouts, myself included with 107th in Firemaking back in 2010. Pretty much all skills have had F2Pers in the top page/top 100. So don't go spouting illogical bullshit when there have been F2Pers who have been where not many people have. Plus we all started as F2Pers, so why is it a logical reason to remove us from the HS when F2P was here way before P2P was.

I know you probably don't like it, but that's the reason why Jagex removed highscores for F2P

And they said they'd probably bring F2P highscores back once they would have dealt with bots.

There's an even better way of checking if an account is banned, inactive and has to be taken off the hiscores. Check to see if they logged in for x-days and/or being banned. Removing all F2Pers from hiscores is like a full-body cast for a thumb.

To this day I stand by the fact that removing F2P hiscores due to bots is just the tip of the iceberg.

22031_s.gif

Oh sorry, I misread the first post about stones and thought it was just 120 Dg xD.

Midnight.png

I have always figured the removal of f2p highscores was just another petty Jagex move to shove another reason to become members down our throats, as usual. Saying it was about bots was just an easy story to tell everyone. I have a pretty cynical view of Jagex on the whole however, so yeah.

Gotta say I'm still pretty undecided on the whole EoC thing. F2p doesn't change much, so when we get any update I'm usually pretty grateful, but once again there is a devaluation of the exp we have earned up to this point. Drop all is crazy.

That said, change is refreshing, and Dungeoneering just got a whole lot more reasonable (no more level 90+ combat exp nerf!) so that's nice. Also it's fairly easy to continue training combat in the old style with momentum, but regardless this EoC business is here to stay. Just gotta roll with it and adapt I suppose.

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P