The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

What 10 items should you have bound? I was thinking something like F Maul, F platebody, F platelegs, Spine Shortbow, Air Staff, Bryll Bottom, Bryll Top, Dromo Top, Dromo Bottom, Frac 2h, and 125 Frac arrows for ammo, but this could be completely wrong.

And for someone level 90+ dungeoneering, what 4 binds should you start each floor with? F maul, spine short bow, air staff, and F2H?

How about the abilities bar? I suppose create gate, gate tele, GGS tele, but what else do you need in there? just combat abilities?

This is a pretty loaded discussion question, but I'm curious as to how well we're doing in mastering post EOC dungeoneering.

Mlevine.png

I personally solo dungeoneering, and I find the best way to be effective doing so is to start off each floor using a hybrid setup up. Bryll Hood, Robes, Bottoms, Magical Blastbox, and Fractite Longsword. Allows for seamless use of both Melee and Mage abilities flawlessly in the same attack with no delay or changing of gear. I have all the useful one handed melee abilities bound + the ultimate, and all useful the mage abilities bound + the ultimate.

I also have loadouts set up for just melee, and just mage, but honestly, I never ever change from my starting gear.

Everyone has their own style, so it really depends on what you feel works for you, but this is what works best for me after a lot of trial and error :P

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

So you wear magic gear even while doing melee? Why this as opposed to wearing melee gear while doing magic? And you keep fire blast in your abilities bar? Which monsters do you mage vs. use melee against, and why do you choose to use a F longsword as opposed to some other fractite weapon?

Pardon my silliness and misunderstanding... EOC is still confusing me :wink:

Mlevine.png

So you wear magic gear even while doing melee?

He wears magic hat, boots, gloves, all of which do not impact your hit rate for melee (only body, legs, and shield have a negative accuracy for off-style penalty)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Dag. Is that still glitched? I know it was happening at first, but I thought they fixed that. From what I understand, the best thing to do in that instance is just leave the floor and do it again.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Think I remember hitting a similar curebearer on my noob account. I went through a full inventory of food and I didn't even damage the guy for one single lifepoint. I also found that they overbuffed enemies when DGing for low leveled players, although they might've fixed it by now.

22031_s.gif

Welcome to TIF! :)

I'm not sure that anyone has tried to find the best monsters to train Magic on, as it's generally done with high alch'ing or superheating. I had at look at the RuneScape Wiki's list of creatures weak to magic attacks and only found 3 (outside of Deamonheim and quests) that are F2P:

You'll just have to experiment a bit and see what gives the best xp. Haakon might be your best bet though, as it looks like you'd be able to safespot him across the tables in the long hall.

Be sure to let us know which one you find to work the best.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Welcome to TIF! smile.gif

I'm not sure that anyone has tried to find the best monsters to train Magic on, as it's generally done with high alch'ing or superheating. I had at look at the RuneScape Wiki's list of creatures weak to magic attacks and only found 3 (outside of Deamonheim and quests) that are F2P:

You'll just have to experiment a bit and see what gives the best xp. Haakon might be your best bet though, as it looks like you'd be able to safespot him across the tables in the long hall.

Be sure to let us know which one you find to work the best.

More here: http://forum.tip.it/topic/315670-f2p-monsters-and-their-weaknesses/

For XP I would assume ice warriors there are enough of them and are high enough level.

Ok, thanks. I would do alching, but it's a bit too expensive for me and I'm still a low level mage (can't use high alch). I'll try some of those you mentioned and let you know. :)

Update: For now I've tried to mage ice warriors and they give pretty nice xp and are easy to kill (1 monster = 103-104xp and it's like 10 - 15 secs to kill) Now I'm going to try another method that I found on wikia. Creating gatestone teleports in dungeoneering.

mister-raven.png

Dag. How did I not know about that? :wall: That's a much more intensive list than the one I found.

Indeed it does not, since binding creating and dropping a gatestone to your action bar, and then just tapping them in quick succession would provide far too easy free magic xp. It would also be very easy to macro.

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Ok, thanks. I would do alching, but it's a bit too expensive for me and I'm still a low level mage (can't use high alch). I'll try some of those you mentioned and let you know. smile.gif

Oh, yeah Icies are probably a bit too high for you right now, glad you found a creature that works =]

I personally solo dungeoneering, and I find the best way to be effective doing so is to start off each floor using a hybrid setup up. Bryll Hood, Robes, Bottoms, Magical Blastbox, and Fractite Longsword. Allows for seamless use of both Melee and Mage abilities flawlessly in the same attack with no delay or changing of gear. I have all the useful one handed melee abilities bound + the ultimate, and all useful the mage abilities bound + the ultimate.

I also have loadouts set up for just melee, and just mage, but honestly, I never ever change from my starting gear.

Everyone has their own style, so it really depends on what you feel works for you, but this is what works best for me after a lot of trial and error :P

I'm about to get back into DG (I haven't done any post-EoC) so I have a couple of questions about this loadout:

Why a longsword? Are a lot of the monsters still weak to slash?

Which gloves and boots are you using?

Why no Ranged?

Why no shield (for Rejuvenate)?

Hmm...I thought I had more questions than that, but I guess that's it.

For now. ;)

I'm about to get back into DG (I haven't done any post-EoC) so I have a couple of questions about this loadout:

Why no Ranged?

For now. ;)

Although I haven't done much DGing since the EOC, anti-dragon shields are common enough that you're guaranteed to get a shield during your run. Also, you could just buy the novite kiteshield at the start.

22031_s.gif

Why no Ranged?

For now. ;)

This is just the loadout I found works best for me after a lot of trial and error. I'm not claiming this is the absolutely best loadout for everyone, in fact, unlike old dungeoneering, this is no one universally best setup anymore.

You can only have 4 items bound in one loadout + your ammo (at 90 dungeoneering anyways), so you need to choose wisely.

I use a longsword because it is a good melee weapon that yes, many monsters are weak against. It also is one-handed, which allows me to wield my Magical Blastbox at same time (my ammo bind). Being able to use two attack styles without having to switch weapons/gear basically means you are prepared for virtually any fight, and can switch it up in the middle of a fight with abilities, while still having you auto-attack deal the same damage. - sounds complicated, I know - but it's sound.

No gloves and boots, since only 4 items bound per loadout, I do not have room for them. Post-eoc, gloves and boots don't give a very sizeable bonus, as far as I can tell, anyways.

No ranged because having 3 attack styles in one loadout is pretty much impossible, especially considering the fact we only get 1 ammo bind. I chose magic, because I have found in my travels, that more enemies are weak against either mage or melee, then to range. This might not be the case for everyone, but that's what I have found.

Why no shield for rejuvenate? As always, not enough binds, but even if i did have more binds = not worth it. I don't even have to eat once on an average floor, so the ability is pretty much useless. When you get the hang of taking down monsters using their weaknesses, you can beast through most enemies and take little to no damage at all. The few high levels who could potentially damage you, protection prayers or keeping them at a distance (mage) takes care of it.

Long answers, I know - but I wanted to cover it thoroughly, and feel free to pick apart my style, but it's personally what works best for me :P Feel free to pm me in-game if you need any help with it.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.