The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

• 2 weeks later...

Started experimenting with power mining in the wilderness. Some surprising results.

44.2k xp /hour.

First off, there's two clumps of iron. Top down, they look like this

[hide]

west clump:
X...
.XXX
..X.

east clump:
X.X
X..
XX.
XXX

[/hide]

There were 4 different mining patterns I tried,

[hide]

_ - character walked
d - dropped ore
123... order of mining
. - blank space
x - unused ore

1: west clump - mining 4 in an L
1__d
..x.

2: east clump - mining 4 in a line
d4.X
_3..
_2X.
_1XX

3: east clump - mining 4 in 2 squares
3d4
2_.
X1.
XXX

4: east clump - mining 5
4d5
3__
X2_
XX1

[/hide]

I started with the 4th mining pattern, with 2 different trials.

Trial 1 was on a world with an 81 ms ping, that had 850 players. I clocked 43,589 xp / hour, over >12 minutes.

Trial 2 was on a world with a 37 ms ping, that had 350 players. I clocked 44,228 xp / hour, over >8 minutes.

After that, I stayed on the low ping world.

Trial 3 was with the 2nd mining pattern. I clocked 36,813 xp / hour, over >11 minutes.

Trial 4 was on the 3rd mining pattern. I clocked 39,484 xp / hour, over >4 minutes.

Trial 5 was on the 1st mining pattern. I clocked 38,945 xp / hour, over >4 minutes.

After that I tried hopping to a world with a 38 ms ping with 800 players, but I was subsequently jumped and had to log to avoid being PK'd.

Setup was full batwing (including wand), Inventory was 20 swordfish, 6k fire runes, 6k air runes, and rune pickaxe. Spent time killing hobgoblins until they were no longer aggressive. Bound an iron ore to my action bar, always tried to drop in the same spot.

• Like 1

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The second pattern is definitely better for mining because you only need to move 1 spot. With the action bar, you can also drop while mining without interrupting it. So you might be able to get even higher xp rates. Also, since you're not using urns, you can get up to ~47k/hr using your method with urns (+20% xp)

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I mine in the wilderness as well, but unless you are very low combat, you don't even need to worry about the hobgoblins. Just bring a shield of some sort (even wooden works) along with your pick, and when they stop being aggressive, rejuvinate what little health you lost.

If you see a pker on the edge of your map, just run into the middle of the hobgoblins and attack one, and keep doing so. After a few minutes of waiting, they will always just leave, especially since you have nothing of worth on you. If you are about to die, protect item prayer should be able to save your pick (not 100% sure, never died in wildy and needed to use it).

No risk, and no time lost.

• Like 1

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

The second pattern is definitely better for mining because you only need to move 1 spot. With the action bar, you can also drop while mining without interrupting it. So you might be able to get even higher xp rates. Also, since you're not using urns, you can get up to ~47k/hr using your method with urns (+20% xp)

That's what I was testing. The second pattern was the worst in terms of XP/hour, probably because of the respawn rate. I'll try testing with population if I get the opportunity, but reflecting on the rates, is a high population world something you'd even want in wilderness training? Seems like one rogue pker ruins any advantage you have over other places and banking.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

That's what I was testing. The second pattern was the worst in terms of XP/hour, probably because of the respawn rate. I'll try testing with population if I get the opportunity, but reflecting on the rates, is a high population world something you'd even want in wilderness training? Seems like one rogue pker ruins any advantage you have over other places and banking.

Sorry, I meant to say the 2nd clump of iron, not the dropping pattern.

2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Pretty sure it's above that. On a bad day with abilities, I'm getting 45k xp/h ranging. Melee is probably higher (this is with abilities).

Momentum training looks to have similar xp rates to before, although I haven't done any of that yet.

22031_s.gif

Melee is probably higher (this is with abilities).

Where would you train Melee in F2P, right now?

Because I tried Red spiders in P2P with an Obsidian maul (Lv. 60, right weakness) and I was missing all the time, so I don't want to imagine what it would be like for F2P, with Rune weapons.

Melee is probably higher (this is with abilities).

Where would you train Melee in F2P, right now?

Because I tried Red spiders in P2P with an Obsidian maul (Lv. 60, right weakness) and I was missing all the time, so I don't want to imagine what it would be like for F2P, with Rune weapons.

This is why I shouldn't be talking when I haven't tried it yet.

I just went to Varrock sewer spiders. Never got above 20% hit chance using a rune 2H, no one else there was accurate either. By the sounds of it crush doesn't work either.

This makes me wonder,I am definitely getting a reduced XP rate. I was hitting so much better against lessers using ranged...

22031_s.gif

What's your ranged level? And were you using the gravite bow or the gravite 2H sword? :huh:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This is probably a stupid question, but what's the best overall non-degrading melee weapon in F2P now? I've searched everywhere but couldn't find any conclusive answers.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

This is probably a stupid question, but what's the best overall non-degrading melee weapon in F2P now? I've searched everywhere but couldn't find any conclusive answers.

Melee would be Rune 2h sword I believe.

2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Isn't Cooking fairly fast if you use urns?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Isn't Cooking fairly fast if you use urns?

Cooking lobsters with urns has yielded to me up to 201K/hr (on bonfires of course) and my worst hour I think I got around 170K. It's very easy.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

I went to try mining. At first I tried to click "C" to drop iron ores, sadly it didn't feel right. The I remapped my mouse so right click is now "C". Now I just have to click both mousse buttons at once when mining iron ore and have other hand free.

Seems more efficient to me. I could do it better, but I don't want to get into trouble with use of macros.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Entirely off-topic to the most recent posts on here, but kind of wanted to bring up a discussion question about F2P/P2P.

So I made a F2P noob again this past week in hopes of slowly transferring back into being a Pure F2P (seeing as my old Pure F2P account got banned) and was surprised by the fact that you start with 2 weeks of membership. The funniest thing about these two weeks is that I have been able to make more money then would I had I started off F2P, even though I have no plan on continuing my membership once it ends.

Anyways, what are your guys thoughts on this?

Does having these 2 weeks, even if you don't train and P2P stats, place me in the not "Pure" F2P'ers?

Overall thoughts on the whole 2 week system in general?

Runecrafting | Cooking | Firemaking

writer | musician | scholar