The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

So how are the "more conservative" F2P purists among us approaching this update? Is a P2P skill still a P2P skill regardless of whether it's been partially opened up to F2P, meaning we shouldn't even get level 5 in those stats (or visit Burthorpe & Taverley and unlock their attendant music tracks)? Or are we looking at the whole thing with more latitude: anything at all that's opened up to F2P is ours, including former P2P-only opportunities, and we should thus make use of them?

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Personally, I'm of a mind that if it's available on a free world and without buying membershiop, then it's F2P and fair game. Today's update is just an expansion of what that used to entail.

• Like 6

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

On principle, I still see them as P2P skills despite the ability for us to train them, and as such personally wouldn't.

It's hard. We've never encountered something quite like this, nothing to compare it to. A definite gray area....

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

I don't really see why anyone should restrict themselves from training these skills up to Lv. 5, for the same reasons as Kaida.

The first five levels are F2P content, available using method available to F2P players. I don't see the issue.

• Like 1

It's somewhat similar situation like in 2005, when addy arrows and stuff was made from p2p to f2p (although then 100% of us didn't even think over ignoring these like nowadays) . Just a update for f2p also, we have become so afraid of updates due to the rarity of these events.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Magic shortbows were previously P2P, should you prohibit their use as well?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No, that was the point of my post. Although I have not used it yet.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

We have to level those skills up to five, 'cause now it IS free to play. I did level up several of them :)

Oh and how I should get wolf bones if wolfs doesn't drop them to me? They should give us wolf bones too if they already gave spirit wolfs.

mister-raven.png

You can buy wolf bones from the summoning tutor.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Probably sold out. Or maybe I'm thinking of the shards.

Since spirit shards are now F2P, I'd like to give a quick tip that buying them for 24ea on the G.E. nets a nice 1m profit per 2 weeks or so. :)

Pocket money if you have some cash just idling around.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Pro tip: After completing the Death Plateau quest, if you talk to Denulth again he will ask you to bring supplies to the archers on the ridge. When you do, the Ambush Commander will give you three experience lamps that give 180xp each. Then, just home tele back to Burthorpe and repeat. This can be done 5 times and makes getting the mems skills to level 5 a breeze. :thumbup:

But don't use them on Agility. Just going through the cave will take care of that.

• Like 1

Very good idea! I'll do that to get Construction and Farming to 5.

As far as I know Construction is still locked...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Very good idea! I'll do that to get Construction and Farming to 5.

It is possible for free players to get Construction up to level 5 (I've done it), you just have to be creative. ;)

Since spirit shards are now F2P, I'd like to give a quick tip that buying them for 24ea on the G.E. nets a nice 1m profit per 2 weeks or so. :)

Sorry, but I don't understand how this makes money? If you bought them off the G.E, who do you sell them to?

Sorry, but I don't understand how this makes money? If you bought them off the G.E, who do you sell them to?

The summon tutor/other summon shops buy them from the player for 25 ea :)

• Like 2

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

It is possible for free players to get Construction up to level 5 (I've done it), you just have to be creative.

Proof. ;)

It's just training through use of the skill that's locked.

So how are the "more conservative" F2P purists among us approaching this update? Is a P2P skill still a P2P skill regardless of whether it's been partially opened up to F2P, meaning we shouldn't even get level 5 in those stats (or visit Burthorpe & Taverley and unlock their attendant music tracks)? Or are we looking at the whole thing with more latitude: anything at all that's opened up to F2P is ours, including former P2P-only opportunities, and we should thus make use of them?

I'd say it really is mostly a personal choice at this point. The trend seems to be most of the higher level / older players refusing to touch them, and most of the lower level / newer players training them (with exceptions on both sides of course).

It would really be up to your own preference whether to train them or not.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

So, it's been a while since I've posted here (with a similarly named account that I lost), but I've been stalking this thread for a few years.

As for parts of p2p becoming f2p, I think that if it's there, you may as well use it. So far, I've found one useful(ish) training place. If you use the agility shortcut by the falador west bank, and head south a bit, you'll find a mine with 3 iron rocks (and 2 coal). Good for mining and superheating (I haven't tried either yet).

Also, a while ago, I went from 75-80 fishing using salmon and trout. During this time EoC was introduced, but I also took down the number of fish I had before I started training, EoC and after I got 80 fishing. I found that that I caught more salmon after EoC was introduced, whether that was due to EoC or my fishing level increasing.

But long story short, the ratio I found for trout to salmon was about 34:25 (or 1.36) for the whole time, and about 7:5 (or to a few more digits: 1.406) after EoC/fishing level increased (not quite sure which level I was at sadly). (Note: I'm not calculating standard deviation and stuff). For those that are wondering the numbers are (trout:salmon):

beginning: 8540:6118

EoC: 10355:7501

Finish: 12729:9189

Now, this doesn't take into account urns or increasing level, which I assume has something to do with the catch ratio. But I am currently planning to get 80-85 fishing (actually I am as typing), and will be recording the numbers, and maybe even making a graph from the data (although 7 points is a tad slim for a graph relating catch ratio to level).

So if anyone would like to either see this, or help with it, that'd be great (by providing the number of fish from one level to the next). I will also being doing a study into the fishing urns (just the regular ones), and how many you need for so much xp, etc. But if someone has the exact percent for each fish (salmon and trout) that'd be great, as I'm actually curious about this.

I hope this helps:

Fishing lvl | Fishing XP | Feather# | Urn# | Trout# | Salmon#| Trout% | Salmon%

------------|------------|----------|-------|--------|--------|--------|--------

88 | 184,470 | 2,645 | 58 | 1,484 | 1,161 | 56.11% | 43.89%

89 | 264,810 | 3,889 | 75 | 2,246 | 1,643 | 57.75% | 42.25%

90 | 14,980 | 224 | 4 | 135 | 89 | 60.27% | 39.73%

91 | 82,630 | 1,173 | 27 | 649 | 524 | 55.33% | 44.67%

92 | 602,676 | 8,566 | 197 | 4,772 | 3,794 | 55.71% | 44.29%

93 | 594,460 | 8,466 | 194 | 4,758 | 3,708 | 56.20% | 43.80%

94 | 105,760 | 1,496 | 35 | 823 | 673 | 55.01% | 44.99%

95 | 831,100 | 11,804 | 273 | 6,584 | 5,220 | 55.78% | 44.22%

96 | 846,290 | 12,003 | 280 | 6,696 | 5,307 | 55.79% | 44.21%

------------|------------|----------|-------|--------|--------|--------|--------

Total | 3,527,176 | 50,266 | 1,143 | 28,147 | 22,119 | 56.00% | 44.00%

EoC drop fishing. Trout and salmon numbers are calculated from fishing xp, feathers (fish total), and urns.

I think you have good fishing luck :)