The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

The general consensus is that if you've taken advantage of the Trial in any way, you're not pure F2P anymore. If you've spent your entire trial on an F2P world, though, people don't mind that.

Do you get two P2P trials if you've created two accounts one after the other? When this promotion first came out, it used to be one mem trial/IP address or something like that.

22031_s.gif

Technically the two weeks of membership makes you ineligible for the lists. To what extent (and under what conditions) you are regarded as 'pure F2P' despite the trial varies among the community.

To decebal: ALL new accounts get the trial, as far as I've seen. My friend has done it three times so far without any IP address tricks.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

As there is no way to avoid getting the trial, as long as you don't log into a members world (and thus have absolutely no way of using any of the membership advantages) then you're generally still considered pure F2P.

That's the qualification for TFS, and, as I understand it, the Top 250 list as well.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Technically the two weeks of membership makes you ineligible for the lists. To what extent (and under what conditions) you are regarded as 'pure F2P' despite the trial varies among the community.

To decebal: ALL new accounts get the trial, as far as I've seen. My friend has done it three times so far without any IP address tricks.

There was some debate about it before in the top 250 list, and most people (including Lord Slaya) were alright with accepting people that have been in the trial. Will there be people that won't consider them pure F2P? Of course.

I'm guessing Jagex realized limiting mem trials did nothing against gold farmers and hurt normal players.

22031_s.gif

I think it was more of Jagex trying out the trial as, well, a trial run. Before you start flinging free membership at every new account you might want to try a few random ones first and generate statistics, particularly numbers on what fraction might continue as P2P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The trial is an issue that differs from one person to the next. Personally, I would consider anyone who has not used the trial in any way, shape, or form to still be Pure F2P as there was absolutely no advantage gained, and you were essentially F2P the entire time. Logging in even briefly to a member's world, for any reason, would invalidate your account. The majority of people I have spoken to (or who have spoken to me) agree with this, however, everyone has their own opinion regarding it.

Personally, instead of forcing the trial on new accounts, I have always thought it should be something unlockable, for example, when you reach 500 total level, you are eligible for the trial. That way, anyone who might really want to try it could, and could actually benefit from it (as it generally doesn't much benefit your average, new player starting from scratch) and anyone who did not want to pursue it would not have it forced upon them. It would also prevent a lot of those macro-ers and goldfarmers from training in P2P and spamming their ads in P2P worlds, which I hear is a hot topic.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Entirely off-topic to the most recent posts on here, but kind of wanted to bring up a discussion question about F2P/P2P.

So I made a F2P noob again this past week in hopes of slowly transferring back into being a Pure F2P (seeing as my old Pure F2P account got banned) and was surprised by the fact that you start with 2 weeks of membership. The funniest thing about these two weeks is that I have been able to make more money then would I had I started off F2P, even though I have no plan on continuing my membership once it ends.

Anyways, what are your guys thoughts on this?

Does having these 2 weeks, even if you don't train and P2P stats, place me in the not "Pure" F2P'ers?

Overall thoughts on the whole 2 week system in general?

Just create the account, but don't log onto it for two weeks so that the trial uses itself up while remaining unused.

But then you'd be stuck with trade limits, which could become annoying in the future.

Anyone making a new F2P account at this point will be stuck with trade limits. It's just one more way they try to entice people to buy membership.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Even if you never trained P2P skills, you still could take advantage of membership benefits which I'd consider not pure F2P. However, since most of it is honor anyways, I don't see a problem with having the trial and only logging into F2P worlds rather than waiting the whole 2 weeks.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Anyone making a new F2P account at this point will be stuck with trade limits. It's just one more way they try to entice people to buy membership.

What would you say if a F2P Pure was to buy 1 month of membership in order to lift the trade limits, but not log in during that month?

What would you say if a F2P Pure was to buy 1 month of membership in order to lift the trade limits, but not log in during that month?

Then by any definition they are no longer pure F2P. Otherwise, we'd all buy a month just to get our favorite skillcapes. :P Even before the trial controversy, that was a rule set in stone within the community. Buying a month (even if you didn't go on members worlds) meant you were no longer "pure" F2P.

Then by any definition they are no longer pure F2P. Otherwise, we'd all buy a month just to get our favorite skillcapes. :P Even before the trial controversy, that was a rule set in stone within the community. Buying a month (even if you didn't go on members worlds) meant you were no longer "pure" F2P.

Yeah, but going to buy your skillcape requires you to log into a P2P world, while this would just give yourself something that a vast number of the F2P community already has anyway, without even logging in.

It's just always been the way we've looked at it. If you pay for membership, for what ever reason, even if you never set foot on a members world, then you're no longer considered pure F2P.

The trial membership has strained things enough without trying to consider exceptions for buying mems to get around the new trade limits.

It was November 2011.

There is still a trade limit in which certain players can not make a trade where they give away more than 25,000 coins, to prevent players from buying/selling gold. This was introduced on 22 November 2011 to combat Gold farming.

Source: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_limit

22031_s.gif

Hey guys,

just decided to pick up this game again since dropping it 2 or 3 years back :P

the last update i remember was them building up to EoC for members, and the grand exchange switching from 1 central point to 4 wider points O.o

what would you guys say were the 5 most significant f2p updates since then that i should look into?

Katakanaman1.png

Runespan for training RC, find on top floor of the new wizards tower.

"Elemental spike" staff for completing the new rune mysteries, basically it can switch to any elemental staff.

Dungeoneering combat change.

Tool belt, but I think it now auto fills? All your tools are auto on you.

EOC?

How long would it take to get 70+ all stats in f2p again?

I might come back to this game assuming Jagex doesn't perm ban me again. Playing on my skiller, of course.

I'm already 50+ all non-combat stats & 85 dg. How long would it take to get BOTH the non-combats and the combats to 70?

(Moreover, is it worth it?)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It's good to see you're thinking of coming back, Sonic.

The non-combats will go pretty quick, but I really don't know what the combat xp rates are anymore. Thanks to urns I don't think there's anything that's below 35k xp/hr anymore and most are much higher than that.

From 50 to 70 is 636294xp, which is about 18 hours at 35k xp/hr. And that's for the slowest things like Mining and crafting amulets.

Depending on how much you play, you could probably do it in a month or so. Less if you're willing to throw scads of money at the buyables.

As for whether it's worth it, that's really for you to decide.

Mining is easily 40k+/hr without max efficiency, just dropping iron with urns. Woodcutting goes at around 75k/hr with 99 wc, so probably around 60k maybe at 50-60-ish WC. Fishing provides similar rates at barbarian village.

As for combat, I'm not sure about lower level training methods, but considering the fact that melee xp per hour goes over 90k at 80+ melees, it has to be alot faster than before in any case.

So yeah, everything is faster. I just don't know how people train combats at lower levels, since I haven't really done it.

My words, but a whisper - your deafness, a shout.

-

If the future's looking dark, we're the ones who have to shine. If there's no one in control, we're the ones who draw the line

-

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Thanks for the clarification, Makka. I was being really conservative with my xp estimate since I haven't really mined since before the EoC.

btw - I'm hitting about 60k/hr cutting and dropping willows with urns at level 79.