The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Has anyone thought over playing rs 2007 with "f2p" account. So you will not use any p2p gear and visit p2p areas. Ofcourse the we would have issues with proofing that, but as for the player himself, it might be good playing experience.

You're starting with a fresh character on '07scape, so you might as well create another account to begin with.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Has anyone thought over playing rs 2007 with "f2p" account. So you will not use any p2p gear and visit p2p areas. Ofcourse the we would have issues with proofing that, but as for the player himself, it might be good playing experience.

You're starting with a fresh character on '07scape, so you might as well create another account to begin with.

That was the intended plan. No way I'm going to make my pure f2p account a member.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

This is weird.

Game Changes (free players and members)

Talking of free players, we're changing the trial system so that new players once again start off as a free player. To do this, we're making Burthorpe and Taverley part of the free game, as well as the associated quests and training areas within it. We are also allowing free players to train members’ skills up to a maximum of level 5, giving them a taster of the kind of content there is on offer for players who subscribe.

Dart.jpg

Wait, we're going to have access to former members only areas and will be able to train members skills to level 5 all while still on a F2P world? Wow. :shock:

I think as long as it's being done on a free world without buying membership then it's all good. This is an update like any other, they've just opened up new areas for us.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Read this as: This trial system hasn't really worked out. Bots have flooded the P2P game. So we're removing it and replacing it with [...].

Oh well, cleaning things up is good.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It's only lvl5 anyways.. that's practically nothing...

Nice to have new areas though, and yea I'm glad they are removing the trial thingy cause all it did was allow bots 2 weeks to get going and screw things up.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Anyone thought about construction? Gilded Altar anyone?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

What effect, if any significant one, will the opening-up of these new areas have on current F2P training methods? Are there more efficient ways to train combat and non-combat skills now?

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

What effect, if any significant one, will the opening-up of these new areas have on current F2P training methods? Are there more efficient ways to train combat and non-combat skills now?

The only skill I could think of is perhaps construction... Ex-members with Gilded altar in house could use their house to host Gilded Altars to f2p'ers, this could boost their prayer exp rates significantly...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

I'm really really happy about Taverley and Burthorpe becoming F2P. There's some great spots for training skills. Also, we will be able to do some member skill stuff, that is awesome too!

Aaanndd.. Easter event looks promising. I hope they don't do it like last year. But all those promised costumes and other items sounds pretty awesome :)

mister-raven.png

Anyone thought about construction? Gilded Altar anyone?

Construction is an interesting thought. Is there any way to train it outside of a PoH? And if not, does this mean we'll be able to buy our own houses?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's possible, but the ceiling of 5 seems more to cover what you would reasonably gain during the course of the tutorial. For benefits, it'd probably be best to look to the lower leveled slayer weaponry, lower level p2p craftable/fletchable items, etc.

hzvjpwS.gif

It depends on whether the gilded altar is considered p2p assuming that f2p get access to the house at all.. That would be a huge boost for F2P though... Albeit requires borrowing a P2P house..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It depends on whether the gilded altar is considered p2p assuming that f2p get access to the house at all.. That would be a huge boost for F2P though... Albeit requires borrowing a P2P house..

A boost justifiable seeing the prayer exp rates and methods...

Account Help

Still unsure why people are mentioning gilded altars. You only get to level 5 construction max, and will have to be on a f2p world at all times as f2p so you can't just hop into another players house with an altar.

• Like 2

Still unsure why people are mentioning gilded altars. You only get to level 5 construction max, and will have to be on a f2p world at all times as f2p so you can't just hop into another players house with an altar.

But P2P-people can come to a F2P world and open their house there...

If these people have a Gilded Altar, then there is potential for F2P people to use said altars...

Wondering if low level member items would be opened up to F2P aswell =/ thinking of Marentills for example...

Account Help

Does this change the new F2P max?

I'm guessing JaGEx will remove f2p's member skills in the future, which would leave all of us pure f2pers in an awkward place.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Whoop, whoop! Nothing too major, but still, nice number :D (100cmb) Found out that flesh crawlers are an epic way to train melee. 2 hit kills with Momentum, 65 combat skill xp + another 20 for hp. :)

161z6gg.jpg

Now gonna get 50's for rune, finally.

mister-raven.png

I'm guessing JaGEx will remove f2p's member skills in the future, which would leave all of us pure f2pers in an awkward place.

+45 Total Levels for New Max before New Skill.

I doubt that F2p will get to access Guilded Alters but that would be nice. The Monthly Distraction & Diversion is a way to train Construction up to Level 5.

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

+45 Total Levels for New Max before New Skill.

I doubt that F2p will get to access Guilded Alters but that would be nice. The Monthly Distraction & Diversion is a way to train Construction up to Level 5.

Right now F2P has 1 in all skills. Increasing it to 5 is a gain of four levels in each of nine skills. So actually, it's +36 total levels :).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png