The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Really it's not that bad, at least it doesn't affect the actual gameplay.

I like it. It blurs out the stats I don't care about.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Well done as always Dan. I love your videos. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Nice video, was very enjoyable to watch

On a side note, catalytic staff in dungeoneering now supplies all runes needed for fire blast making it the best Mage staff to use. The wand is faster, but for some reason catalytic staff gives 2x damage with fire blast selected.

Midnight.png

:o So we don't need the blastbox+fire runes anymore? Looks like I'll be changing my binds again.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Hey everyone,

Many of you may already know about the Pure F2p website Lord Slayas, myself, and the rest of the Purefreetoplay team help run. For those of you who don't.. the website can be found here: Purefreetoplay. For those of you who haven't been there in awhile, there have been many new exciting updates to the website. Including (but not limited to) the introduction of some F2p Skill guides, a new banner/logo for the site, as well as some changes to the basic template/overlook of the website. This is NOT a clan site (so no need to worry about any sort of multi-clanning issues), but instead is a fansite based solely in/around/for the F2p Community. However we can't have a thriving F2p community/fansite without it's active members (especially with all the negative updates Jagex has thrown at us these past couple years).

That's why I'd like to let you all know about the newest and biggest feature to our website yet.. The Pure F2p Community Forums! These can be found here: Purefreetoplayforums, or alternatively from a link on our main site. I would encourage you all to visit our forums and make an account - this is still a work in progress (mostly tweaking or adding in new features), but we're active with currently about 40 members and growing. A site like this can't exist without having active members using and participating in our great F2p community :) . You'll find many nice features on our site with many more to come as we work things out. Suggestions and Site Feedback are always welcome as we continue to improve and update the site to be the best we can make it for our users.

I would also like to point out, that although our website is solely built around offering support and information to/about F2P players, anyone is welcome to make an account, browse around our forums, and join in on the discussion.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, concerns, or anything else regarding the site, they can post them here, on our forums, or our Tip.it thread and we'll do our best to answer/address them as soon as we can.

Thanks,

~Medi

-The Purefreetoplay Team.

• Like 1

nice site medi, i will be making an account i think

does anyone have a list of all the xp lamps (or other stuff that gives xp, like the goolash stuff from that one quest). that you can get right at the start of the game with ease, i know about the stronghold ones, the ones you get from the easy quests and the ones you get from the guy in a basement fighting the dragon (if you can still get them)

are there any i missed?

Ranqecaravan.png

Don't forget the ones you get from the Death Plateau quest in Burthorpe - three 100xp lamps upon completion, and up to five more runs through the cave that give three 180xp lamps each time. This will give you Agility xp (in fact, it will probably get it to the max of level 5) so if you're avoiding the mems skills you won't be able to do this, and you need a combat level of 18 to do all five return trips.

If you want to train all the P2P skills to 5, I highly recommend using the XP lamps from Death Plateau (And post-death plateau) on Construction, as using XP lamps is the only way to level up that skill in F2P.

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently come back to this game on my skiller account, and I really need some help with moneymaking D:

What are some good ways to earn some gps without engaging in any combat?

Now, here are some considerations:

- all my non-combat skills are in the 50's right now; which ones should I train first?

- I'm aware about some of the rewards in the Great Orb Project - I want to know alternatives to that. AKA don't say buy water talismans from GOP.

Also, I'm really bad at anything Runescape-economy related so don't suggest flipping. Unless there really is no other option.

And finally, how should I train combat, if all my combat skills are currently at 1? It's a possibility that I might level combat on my skiller as well.

Thank you ^_^

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Here's a copy of my spreadsheet I have for such questions. Obviously the tests were done as realistic maximums, so no bots (foreign language worlds) and at higher levels (level at the time of test in brackets) but it should hopefully give you an idea on where to start. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqAjqwBrJ8opdGRIWlh6SXRKclB3bEcwZFNyQTVMTkE&usp=sharing

yo, i recently thinking of playing RS back, this is my longest off from RS of around 2 years+ rather than the small break here and there, nth beat the good old time of RS.

nice to see some familiar name are still here, ^5 with sonic coming back to RS around the same time.

thx OTM for the spreadsheet, i still remember the time you just started that spreadsheet. this will definally help for my comeback.

now, can you guys please update me what had i missed for this 2 years? i remember i stop sometime after clan citadel update, cant remember too clearly.

Not much has really changed, but...

- rune and gravite 2h swords are best now

- blue dragonhide, magic bows and rune arrows are f2p (although gravite bow is still better)

- new mage armor called batwing is available for use, in addition to the bat wand and shield (although gravite staff is still better)

You will probably be overwhelmed by EoC but it's worth exploring the depths ^_^

By the way what's a good place to train melee, ranged and magic?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

i used so many days to get updated through tip.it and RS Wikia, but those hidden updates and etc maybe still dunno.

except dungeoneering which i leave it 1st for the time been (wanted to up more of my total skills 1st)

rawr... i used so much times to understand the EoC, only around yesterday i can finally cope with it

i just dont like the fact that ~

- my runecrafter set become useless

- many mobs got ranged/magic attack

- kayle' sling is too weak to use

- sighted bow are weak now

- some staff become 2h

- some EQ such as antidragon shield, and some new implemented shield will rarely be used

- 1-handed ranged nerfed so much yet didnt add new crossbow/bolt

- no longer have random event to get exp lamp

- they skipped yew bow and give us magic bow which magic tree are member (not that we can craft it anyway, but its still weird)

- some skills are unchange throughout the 2 years, and etc

dunno i should be happy to the free of charge magic training or not, but combat magic no longer need its conresponding runes

magic is seriously imba with its chain and the 2x speed.

> Sonikku

i dunno if tip.it got this or not, but i found something useful at RS Wikia, search for "bestiary free to play"

it show each mobs weakness, which greatly help after EoC.

edit: omg, fire blast dual spell, on ice giant/warrrior is like pudding, with chain ability, they like just spawn to be killed, lol. i think it also can work on a group of higher hp mobs, however i dunno the accuracy of the spell since not the weakness.

Stronghold of Security no longer have aggressive mobs !!! can anyone tell me where got aggressive mobs?

edit: i think i just found my answer, wilderness and <(x2)+1, but got any lower lvl aggressive mobs?

edit 2: so quiet =.=.

anyway, found out that javelin are F2P, somewhat good and bad, it is not cheap and its always better to use the best shortbow that you can use with the affordable arrow.

the ability greatly lower the amounts of runes and arrows uses, however, need to be constantly clicking on hotkey.

the bestiary are very nice when looking to training targets

without weak aggressive mobs, its harder to train combat skills, my old magic and ranged training partner favorite lesser and greater demon, now with magic attack while the latter one now need to go into pvp wilderness.

pvp become so hard on F2P, due to too balanced combat system and less variety choice of armor.

FoG are barely enough ppl to start a games

really looking forward for future skills and EoC updates

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd drop in and post this:

2) Will F2P be added back to the hiscores? If not, why not? If so, how are we tackling bots skewing the scores?

Unfortunately we’re not going to be adding free-to-play players back into the Highscores. Highscores (both the current and Seasonal) will remain a members only feature. We’ll be keeping an eye on bot activity, but will ideally be aiming to create Seasonal High Scores which are more difficult to bot.

[qfc]298-299-423-64991725[/qfc]

Just can't trust anything Jagex says anymore...

this is really bs, they should at least make F2P players with maybe 1.5k above total level in the highscores, now it is so hard to keep track other players level.

if got some1 being online for a very long time, or the exp gaining very quickly in a short amount of time will sound the alarm for them to check

i just back recently, so i dunno if jagex got say that F2P will get back highscores, but it seem that jagex keep removing things that are important to F2P

this is really bs, they should at least make F2P players with maybe 1.5k above total level in the highscores, now it is so hard to keep track other players level.

if got some1 being online for a very long time, or the exp gaining very quickly in a short amount of time will sound the alarm for them to check

i just back recently, so i dunno if jagex got say that F2P will get back highscores, but it seem that jagex keep removing things that are important to F2P

They did say they were in process of adding F2p back to hi-scores around 6 months ago, can't find the exact quote, but obviously they went back on their word again, not exactly anything new with them...

- blue dragonhide, magic bows and rune arrows are f2p (although gravite bow is still better)

- new mage armor called batwing is available for use, in addition to the bat wand and shield (although gravite staff is still better)

How does one get the batwing armor?

How does one get the batwing armor?

if not wrong, F2P cannot craft it, just buy it from GE