The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Commenting on weapons/armours:

Melee: Wear full Rune, charged Rune Gauntlets, Batwing Boots, Amulet of Power, and bring a shield if you plan to use Rejuvenate.

Melee-weak monsters usually use ranged attacks. Won't the addition of Batwing boots to your set skew your effective defense modifiers and result in less ranged defense than before?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Ranged: Lessers/Ghosts/Warped Bats

Of these three, which would you say is the best to train on overall and why? For lessers/ghosts, which specific location(s) do you recommend?

I almost wonder if, with Warped Bats, you could increase your xp/hr by using Ricochet (as the bats have low health, this may be able to knock some out or at least quicken the process). That could possibly bump those up to #1 or tie with the others. Given that you should never have to heal here that's another big plus.

For Ghosts, I would use SoS (4th floor with Ankous). There are different leveled Ghosts, though, and I believe the higher leveled ones are the best to use (so, ignore the level 60s). I'm unsure if you would ever need to heal, maybe an inventory of food would do good enough to last you a long time.

For Lessers, the resource dungeon. Given that you need to heal, I'm unsure how satisfactory these are.

So I guess I'm indecisive, it's between those three but I'm unsure which is exactly the best because it's so close.

For all classes: Wear a team cape (it's the only cape that gives bonuses) and Explorer's Ring (only ring that gives a bonus).

Did Clan capes lose their stats?

Yep :( Hopefully they fix that.

Melee: Wear full Rune, charged Rune Gauntlets, Batwing Boots, Amulet of Power, and bring a shield if you plan to use Rejuvenate.

Melee-weak monsters usually use ranged attacks. Won't the addition of Batwing boots to your set skew your effective defense modifiers and result in less ranged defense than before?

Yep, that's the specific thing I was wondering about. So in that case it would be Carapace boots?

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Wouldn't the extra armor and lifepoints bonuses from the Batwing boots more than offset the fact that they're magic?

btw - what gloves would you recommend for people who don't have charged rune gaunts? Batwing again?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Even by themselves Carapace boots come up much better than Batwing boots in terms of ranged defence.

It may however be possible that wearing carapace boots would actually decrease your ranged defence than if you had worn no boots at all. Should try it out in-game to see if that's the case.

If you don't have charged rune gauntlets and you're fighting a ranged creature blue vambraces would be better than batwing gloves.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There are different leveled Ghosts, though, and I believe the higher leveled ones are the best to use (so, ignore the level 60s). I'm unsure if you would ever need to heal, maybe an inventory of food would do good enough to last you a long time.

Forgive me for sounding dim but I have to ask: why would healing be a problem with lessers but not against ghosts (especially the higher-leveled ones)? Is it because you can effectively range them from a safe spot without worrying about them retaliating?

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

If you don't have charged rune gauntlets and you're fighting a ranged creature blue vambraces would be better than batwing gloves.

Thanks. I was thinking more for melee than ranged, but it looks like the blue vembraces would still be the best choice. Especially now that the Stronghold boots/gloves no longer have any stats worth mentioning.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

There are different leveled Ghosts, though, and I believe the higher leveled ones are the best to use (so, ignore the level 60s). I'm unsure if you would ever need to heal, maybe an inventory of food would do good enough to last you a long time.

Forgive me for sounding dim but I have to ask: why would healing be a problem with lessers but not against ghosts (especially the higher-leveled ones)? Is it because you can effectively range them from a safe spot without worrying about them retaliating?

During my trials I didn't really notice losing much HP to Ghosts, but these were pretty quick trials so it's possible they do take their toll after time (take a few minutes and try for yourself haha!).

• Like 1

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Just wanted to brag a bit here by saying that I just got my 7th 99, fishing :) But that in addition to that, I've also finally accomplished two things I've been wanting for ages:

1. All 99s on the right column of the stats screen

2. 100m total xp

mv3n1.png

• Like 3

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

For all classes: Wear a team cape (it's the only cape that gives bonuses) and Explorer's Ring (only ring that gives a bonus).

Melee: Apparently R2H is the best item*. Wear full Rune, charged Rune Gauntlets, Batwing Boots, Amulet of Power, and bring a shield if you plan to use Rejuvenate.

Well, for melee the amulet of strength gives 0.2% more critical bonus but you lose the +1 to prayer, so it's a good alternative.

Magic: Well, you probably shouldn't be training against monsters. But if you *do*: Bat Wand/Staff of Fire/Staff of Air depending on the route you go. Wear full Batwing (as your opponents are likely using melee if they're weak to magic), Amulet of Magic, and bring a Bat Shield if you plan to use Rejuvenate.

Here again, the arcane blast necklace gives 0.3% more critical bonus, so definetely better if you have it.

[404] Signature not found.

Anyone (previously) level 90 or above try dungeoneering recently? Wondering if the level penalty was lifted or reduced. Just got ~8.6k xp on a small floor 20 with 35 prestige (my combat level is 155, 99 str / 54 def).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I heard that it had been removed when they released the EoC.

Anyone (previously) level 90 or above try dungeoneering recently? Wondering if the level penalty was lifted or reduced. Just got ~8.6k xp on a small floor 20 with 35 prestige (my combat level is 155, 99 str / 54 def).

The combat 90 nerf has been completely removed from dungeoneering.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Is there any equipment/armor which increases magic attack accuracy? I would like to keep with a staff to save runes, but I would also like to get above 10 accuracy....

Tome of frost is +48. The best part is that it allows you to weild a batwing wand which has +450 and a 4-tick speed rather than 6-tick.

I'll have to try a wand some time. I am currently killing roach soldiers with the staff's 2x damage + whatever ability the roaches usually die in 1-2 hits.

Is there any info on how weaknesses affect damage received? As in I am hitting 1300(non crit, but max roach lp) with earth blast with a staff. What is the difference if I used, say water blast with wand vs earth blast with wand?

I'll have to try a wand some time. I am currently killing roach soldiers with the staff's 2x damage + whatever ability the roaches usually die in 1-2 hits.

Is there any info on how weaknesses affect damage received? As in I am hitting 1300(non crit, but max roach lp) with earth blast with a staff. What is the difference if I used, say water blast with wand vs earth blast with wand?

Wow, I didn't know anything about this 2x damage multiplier for staffs. I simply compared the bonuses of staffs vs. wands and immediately noticed the staff's were absolutely sucky in comparison, so I assumed they were worthless now. Now I'm definitely interested in a comparison.

Well, for melee the amulet of strength gives 0.2% more critical bonus but you lose the +1 to prayer, so it's a good alternative.

Man, I could've sworn when I compared them it had lower bonuses... I guess I somehow mixed it up with amulet of defence O_o

Here again, the arcane blast necklace gives 0.3% more critical bonus, so definetely better if you have it.

I forgot about dungeoneering items too; I had no idea people trained with those haha.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Yeah I know they snuck that in that little bit of info. I heard about it in passing through the main EOC thread. Some notes on it.. abilities do not get the buff (yet) so in their testing the wand with abilities basically matched the staff on auto attacks.

I think for what I am doing the law/nature staff would be the best, but the improvement is not worth the 10k tokens and -1 bank spot.

Is there a way to avoid the P2P tutorial when making a new account?

You have two options, both of which involve creating the character but not logging in right away.

Create a new character then exit the game and do one of the following:

• 1 - reload and log in normally, then simply log into a free world.
  • 2 - don't log in for two weeks while you wait for the trial to expire (but honestly, who could resist using a new character for two weeks? :P).

As long as you don't log into a members world during the trial, you're generally still considered pure F2P.

You have two options, both of which involve creating the character but not logging in right away.

• 2 - don't log in for two weeks while you wait for the trial to expire (but honestly, who could resist using a new character for two weeks? :P).

As long as you don't log into a members world during the trial, you're generally still considered pure F2P.

I don't think the first option works, as it forces you into creating your character, which will automatically log you into a random P2P world. :/

What I found worked, however, was to log into your account on the main RS website, then change your e-mail from there.

When you activate the new e-mail, it automatically activates the P2P trial and will let you log in to lobby as usual. From there, you may log into a F2P world.

I don't think the first option works, as it forces you into creating your character, which will automatically log you into a random P2P world. :/

What I found worked, however, was to log into your account on the main RS website, then change your e-mail from there.

When you activate the new e-mail, it automatically activates the P2P trial and will let you log in to lobby as usual. From there, you may log into a F2P world.

If you don't gain any experience in the P2P world, especially in P2P skills, I don't think it matters.

• Like 2

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I've found people can be pretty touchy about the whole thing, but as long as you avoid gaining any xp on the members world and immediately switch to a free one then, as far as I'm concerned, you're still F2P.

Has anyone found any other creatures besides deadly red spiders that are good for training melee on? Ideally, I'm looking for one that drops bones so I can get Prayer xp at the same time.

• Like 2

I've found people can be pretty touchy about the whole thing, but as long as you avoid gaining any xp on the members world and immediately switch to a free one then, as far as I'm concerned, you're still F2P.

Has anyone found any other creatures besides deadly red spiders that are good for training melee on? Ideally, I'm looking for one that drops bones so I can get Prayer xp at the same time.

Hellhounds are weak to slash, if you don't mind a trek to the wilderness.

22031_s.gif