The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Does anyone remember Mendark 9? :P

As a name yes, as a person no.

Honestly I can't even put a character/stats to that name. I know I know the name, and I think I remember him being very high ranked, but that's all I remember (very hazily). Didn't he have a 200m? (Like... Defence or something?)

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

As a name yes, as a person no.

Honestly I can't even put a character/stats to that name. I know I know the name, and I think I remember him being very high ranked, but that's all I remember (very hazily). Didn't he have a 200m? (Like... Defence or something?)

No. You might be confusing him with Eikoor, who was rank 1 in F2P defence xp for years (and still is, according to this).

When I discovered the top f2p list sometime in 2005, Mendark was #1. Here's a screenshot of the top 100 f2p list from February 20th, 2005 (possibly the earliest known screenshot of the list; credit goes to ocelotbren for posting this):

http://img212.images...uari2005pr4.gif

I distinctly remember that by 2006, Mendark had 99 in every f2p stat except rc (97) and prayer (80) and he was easily the best f2per by leaps and bounds, with Syzygy well behind at #2. Mendark was working on rc at the time. He gained xp at a pretty steady rate every day. But then at some point in June 2006, he stopped gaining xp. He never came back on again after that. In August 2011, his name was changed to Leon71 and he got his agility level high enough to show on the high scores. I think the general consensus is that he was hacked. Never got to meet him, but considering I was a pure f2per on my first main from 2004-2005, hypothetically I could have. Really wish I had.

Mendark was around for a long time. You can see from this list—which I think is from November 2002, but don't quote me on that—that even 10 years ago in RSC, he was still 101 combat:

http://www.angelfire...ory/lvl100.html

Incidentally, note how Galaxyg—another famous f2per—had the 10th highest combat in all of Runescape at that time. :) Advanced Bot, a level 109 at the time, was another pure f2per. There might be others that I've overlooked.

• Like 3

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Havent played for like a year but check this thread every now and again? Is it true rune arrows are F2P? What else is F2P now which used to be for members?

Yes, rune arrows are now f2p. Blue dragonhide armor and the magic shortbow are also f2p.

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Havent played for like a year but check this thread every now and again? Is it true rune arrows are F2P? What else is F2P now which used to be for members?

Yes, rune arrows are now f2p. Blue dragonhide armor and the magic shortbow are also f2p.

Wow thats amazing! Is range now the best for PVP?

Has F2P improved alot over the last year or is it pretty much the same, what were the major updates?

SUPER.gif

Has F2P improved alot over the last year or is it pretty much the same, what were the major updates?

Runespan, quest reworks for Prince Ali rescue and Doric's quest, and the EoC removed the combat level nerf from Dungeoneering.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Runespan, quest reworks for Prince Ali rescue and Doric's quest, and the EoC removed the combat level nerf from Dungeoneering.

Whos EoC? Is runespan helpful?

SUPER.gif

Indeed, he was the original pro F2Per, and the player I respect the most, still to this day. He's also the only Pure F2Per I can recall meeting back in RSC :P

• Like 1

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

is there anyway that f2p can get these items or do we just buy them from the grand exchange?

also are all the new f2p items also only buyable from grand exchange?

and just to confirm, is magic shortbow and blue d-hide the best ranged equipment now for f2p?

is there anyway that f2p can get these items or do we just buy them from the grand exchange?

Blue d'hide, magic bows, rune arrows and all the parts of the Batwing armor are only available from the G.E. for us. I think all the new F2P stuff is only available there.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Blue d'hide, magic bows, rune arrows and all the parts of the Batwing armor are only available from the G.E. for us. I think all the new F2P stuff is only available there.

Whats the Batwing armour? Is this update new, when did it happen?

Whats the update on F2P highscores because that was the last straw for me.

SUPER.gif

Whats the Batwing armour? Is this update new, when did it happen?

Batwing Robes (not armor, sorry) are new mage robes released with the EoC. They are crafted by members from batwings dropped by bats, and can be bought from the G.E. by us. Check it out, they're actually pretty cool looking:

http://runescape.wik...i/Batwing_robes

Whats the update on F2P highscores because that was the last straw for me.

There's been mention of bringing them back, but, unfortunately, nothing official yet.

Is this update new, when did it happen?

The EoC is just under a week old, I think the blue d'hide is starting to settle in price, not sure on the batwing/magic bows.

I am slightly sad that the runecrafter robes are now 0 stat across the board, but happy we have an alternative.

Does anyone know what kebabs now heal? it used to be based on constitution, but with that shield heal ability maybe food is now next to useless....

Seems like the stats on the dhide coifs went to 0.

oh and lowest healing tier of kebabs is ~7% base lp: 99 con = 558.

oh... we get rune javelins? how do those work?

It depends on what you fight, check out the weakness thread forum.tip.it/topic/315670-f2p-monsters-and-their-weaknesses , at the 3 tiers of speed all weapons have the same stats.

mace(cr)=dagger(st)=scimitar(sl)

sword(st)=longsword(sl)

warhammer(cr)=battleaxe(sl)

Still assuming for training quicker = better.

What is the quickest way to train ranged now? Monster? Armor? Weapon?

As of now, I'm trying to figure out what the quickest xp is for ranged, and how to use the abilities. Not quite there yet, but I'm learning as I go. For training, I'm currently wearing blue d'hide set, diamond power amulet, magic bow, and steel arrows.

Not quiet sure how to use the abilities in the action bar for quickest XP yet. What's the easiest way?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Nike

What I do is train at lessers (which are weak to bolts), using rune arrows (as long as you're not auto-attacking, you should only lose one arrow every 5 lessers or so).

As for abilities, I use piercing shot on cooldown, only breaking this to use my ultimate. In between piercing shots (it's on a 3 second cd), I use snap shot/whatever other abilities I have.

Of course, if you Momentum train, you're training will look a bit different :P .

22031_s.gif

So, I made a topic which touches on some things people have asked about (http://forum.tip.it/...s/#entry5331278 and http://forum.tip.it/...s/#entry5331746)

This is what I came to:

EDIT: See this topic for the most updated monsters and gear (the list below won't be updated and is out of date!): http://forum.tip.it/...s/#entry5331278

Results: Training

The monsters for training should be:

• Melee: Deadly red spiders
  • Ranged: Lessers/Ghosts/Warped Bats
  • Magic: Nothing (high alch/superheat)

Leave a comment if you find otherwise.

-----

Commenting on weapons/armours:

For all classes: Wear a team cape (it's the only cape that gives bonuses) and Explorer's Ring (only ring that gives a bonus).

Melee: Apparently R2H is the best item*. Wear full Rune, charged Rune Gauntlets, Batwing Boots, Amulet of Power, and bring a shield if you plan to use Rejuvenate.

Ranged: Magic shortbow. Wear full Blue D'hide (as your opponents are likely using magic if they're weak to ranged), or depending on the situation full Rune (especially if they are using ranged; full rune barely lowers your ranged Attack and boosts your Defence quite well), charged Rune Gauntlets, Batwing Boots, Amulet of Power, and bring a Magic Shieldbow if you plan to use Rejuvenate.

Magic: Well, you probably shouldn't be training against monsters. But if you *do*: Bat Wand/Staff of Fire/Staff of Air depending on the route you go. Wear full Batwing (as your opponents are likely using melee if they're weak to magic), Amulet of Magic, and bring a Bat Shield if you plan to use Rejuvenate.

*: I personally didn't research melee so feel free to correct if you find otherwise (I would have expected a crush weapon like Rune Warhammer, but I imagine the extra abilities of the R2H makes up for it).

Remember the triangle is very important now; the armour you're used to wearing doesn't necessarily apply anymore. (If you spot an error above feel free to inform me as well, I was going off memory - I'd especially appreciate comments on the choices of gloves/boots.)

-----

I saw no difference in the xp/hr with manual use of abilities vs. momentum, except for Lesser Demonds (odd). However, I've heard otherwise, so if you have a tip for using abilities please reply (I still probably wouldn't use it because that's a lot of clicking for training, but that's me personally and this is for public use and metagaming instead).

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Of these three, which would you say is the best to train on overall and why? For lessers/ghosts, which specific location(s) do you recommend?

Also, I currently have 30k mith arrows. Since I'm nearly done spending my money on skills (aside from range, the only "spending skill" I have left is Magic, and since I plan to alch green d'hide bodies, it's actually profitable at the moment), I have a good amount of cash left to blow on random stuff. I was thinking about swapping the miths for 30k rune arrows. Is that a wise move? Would it make my training go by significantly faster?

For all classes: Wear a team cape (it's the only cape that gives bonuses)

Wow, it's been so long since I touched melee that I had totally forgotten this. Thanks!

Melee: Apparently R2H is the best item*.

So after all these years, r scim is no longer the king. Interesting turn of events. Would love to hear other opinions on this weapon choice.

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Of these three, which would you say is the best to train on overall and why? For lessers/ghosts, which specific location(s) do you recommend?

Also, I currently have 30k mith arrows. Since I'm nearly done spending my money on skills (aside from range, the only "spending skill" I have left is Magic, and since I plan to alch green d'hide bodies, it's actually profitable at the moment), I have a good amount of cash left to blow on random stuff. I was thinking about swapping the miths for 30k rune arrows. Is that a wise move? Would it make my training go by significantly faster?

Melee: Apparently R2H is the best item*.

So after all these years, r scim is no longer the king. Interesting turn of events. Would love to hear other opinions on this weapon choice.

Lessers require the least amount of input tbh. The ones in Karamja resource are especially fun to kill seeing that random ricochets will insta-kill imps for an extra 35 xp once in a while. I'd like to hear the advantages for corpse spiders and ghosts.

Rune arrows will make your training go by faster. If you got cash to burn and don't mind losing a few, use them, especially if you will use abilities that don't consume ammo.

Finally, I agree with R2H. It's the only 2Hander we got, which means it enjoys the extra damage bonus. I still like to keep a shield and rscim in inventory for some rejuvenation once in a while.

22031_s.gif

Commenting on weapons/armours:

For all classes: Wear a team cape (it's the only cape that gives bonuses) and Explorer's Ring (only ring that gives a bonus).

Did Clan capes lose their stats?

Also, I tested the Rune Javelin very briefly at Ghosts in SOS, and using abilities I got about the same amount of xp/hr as using MSB + mith arrows, despite ghosts being weak to thrown.

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!