The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Perhaps she's referring to sticking with RS in general as opposed to simply leaving.

btw - love the new sig, Water. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Love the idea as well... but I'm not really the forum type of guy :unsure: Think I'll stick to my YT channel and try to find a way to make something work on there...Suggestions are welcome btw :lol:
That's like you rationalizing living with a boyfriend who beats you because all your stuff is there and you don't want to have to find another apartment. :thumbdown:
Read that 10 times and I still don't get it. Anyone? :blink:

My CDs are in his truck.

93/99 Fishing --- 22/74 Summoning

I'll achieve my goals, even if I have to crawl towards them.

Always accepting donations of living minerals, fishing urns, granite crab pouches, etc.

[hide=Thanks to]Silvermist82, Byzantus, Eka-iridium, emers8529, Octarine, A Local Guy, ezeeipancake, and Thor ls Here[/hide]

I mean that Water is the battered girlfriend, Runescape is the boyfriend that hits you, and you don't want to leave because it would be too hard find a new place to live, move your furniture, etc.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

I mean that Water is the battered girlfriend, Runescape is the boyfriend that hits you, and you don't want to leave because it would be too hard find a new place to live, move your furniture, etc.

Why do I have to be the girl in this story <_<

I getcha now, thanks for clearing it up :P

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

i saw water at gamers grotto a few days ago, doing nothing

what a xp waste

havent logged on in weeks

MOAR XP WASTE. =DDDDDDD

Sucks that f2p don't get to edit the wiki. Not surprised again. Oh well, RSWiki is superior to it in every way, anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

On the issue of the F2P Highscore removal, there's actually more to the story that hasn't received as much attention as it should.

For those that aren't aware - there are actually two ways to access the RuneScape Highscores system on the RuneScape website. The first is the standard way, which most all players use to view their stats. The second is the Light Feed, which is what fansites like Tip.it use to retrieve F2P stat data for stat signatures and calculators, as well as all stat trackers. Jagex not only removed F2P from the regular RuneScape Highscores, but also the Light Highscores Feed. So as of now, F2P cannot use any of these stat lookup/tracking tools.

While Jagex's intent was clear on the removal of F2P from the regular highscores, I believe they may have accidentally removed them from the Light Highscores as well. The Light Highscores Feed has always been used as simply a means for fansites to parse stat data, and provides a way to obtain the levels and experience of skills even if they're unranked (as long as they're level 30+). There was absolutely no reason that F2P should have been removed from the Light Highscores Feed, which is simply used as a data source and has nothing to do with rankings.

As I have yet to see Jagex address this issue at all, I have posted a thread here calling for the restoration of F2P on the Light Highscores (not the regular Highscores):

[qfc]278-279-967-63398482[/qfc]

The thread has already received a lot of support as I think it's such an easy and uncontroversial solution - Jagex can keep F2P off the regular RuneScape Highscores if they want, but the very least they should do is to keep F2P on the Light Highscores feed so fansites can offer stat signatures to F2P players again, as well as track their levels and experience gains.

If we can show a lot of support for this, then I think it's likely to happen. Myself and others have been trying to get a Jagex response on this issue for a couple days now but have yet to receive one, so if anyone can get one on that would also be much appreciated - this is a pretty big deal for those of us who maintain large stat databases, but as it's not exactly the first thing that comes to people's minds, I don't think this issue has been seen by the right set of people at Jagex yet, who would almost certainly identify this as a mistake and fix it.

RuneTrack.com Founder

While Jagex's intent was clear on the removal of F2P from the regular highscores, I believe they may have accidentally removed them from the Light Highscores as well.

No, their removal of F2P from the light hiscores was intentional as well. Well before November 22, W13—the founder of Zybez—asked Jagex through private correspondence whether F2P data would remain available on the light hiscores following their planned hiscores tweak. They responded in the negative.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

While Jagex's intent was clear on the removal of F2P from the regular highscores, I believe they may have accidentally removed them from the Light Highscores as well.

No, their removal of F2P from the light hiscores was intentional as well. Well before November 22, W13—the founder of Zybez—asked Jagex through private correspondence whether F2P data would remain available on the light hiscores following their planned hiscores tweak. They responded in the negative.

Interesting - do you know the reasoning? (Also if you could post a link to the source of that information if you saw it on a forum somewhere I'd appreciate it for reference.)

The RuneScape highscores and the Light Highscores aren't really equivalent entities. The RuneScape Highscores is more focused on rankings, while the Light Highscores is just meant to be a data feed and contains data on players who are not listed on the RuneScape Highscores (as long as they have 1 skill above level 30 - possibly level 15 now).

If P2P stat data is accessible on the Light Highscores for players not on the regular highscores, then it would be a contradiction not to have F2P players on the Light Highscores as well, as the state of not existing on the regular RuneScape highscores does not prevent you from appearing on the Light Highscores. Jagex's entire reason for removing F2P from the regular Highscores was to minimize the rank distribution - not to block fansites from retrieving F2P players' level and experience data as well.

RuneTrack.com Founder

No, their removal of F2P from the light hiscores was intentional as well. Well before November 22, W13the founder of Zybezasked Jagex through private correspondence whether F2P data would remain available on the light hiscores following their planned hiscores tweak. They responded in the negative.

Interesting - do you know the reasoning? (Also if you could post a link to the source of that information if you saw it on a forum somewhere I'd appreciate it for reference.)

The RuneScape highscores and the Light Highscores aren't really equivalent entities. The RuneScape Highscores is more focused on rankings, while the Light Highscores is just meant to be a data feed and contains data on players who are not listed on the RuneScape Highscores (as long as they have 1 skill above level 30 - possibly level 15 now).

If P2P stat data is accessible on the Light Highscores for players not on the regular highscores, then it would be a contradiction not to have F2P players on the Light Highscores as well, as the state of not existing on the regular RuneScape highscores does not prevent you from appearing on the Light Highscores. Jagex's entire reason for removing F2P from the regular Highscores was to minimize the rank distribution - not to block fansites from retrieving F2P players' level and experience data as well.

Yes, I realize the utter lack of logic as well. It's really mind-boggling.

I can't give you a link to the source because it's on a sub-forum that you can't access. The best I can do is provide a screenshot of what W13 said:

9Sjkl.png

That's all. No reasoning was mentioned. Knowing them, they probably didn't give any.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Tbh it's the same. The light hiscore is as the name suggests a light version of the real hiscore. It covers the basic information needed (levels, rankings, exp) without the graphics you get in the normal hiscore. It's only purpose is to generate less traffic for people who need to fetch a massive amount of data, e.g. fansites and tracking sites. So, it's logical F2P aren't on the light hiscore because they aren't on the real one.

[404] Signature not found.

Hai F2pers, just letting you know that I got an idea tonight and started to work on it.

I decided to make F2P Stat Signatures that you guys will be able to edit with your own stats and re-edit whenever you level up!

<3: <3:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Hai F2pers, just letting you know that I got an idea tonight and started to work on it.

I decided to make F2P Stat Signatures that you guys will be able to edit with your own stats and re-edit whenever you level up!

Yeah, that would be great. I already thought about that and I hope you make them like the already existing Tip.it signatures because I really liked them.

[404] Signature not found.

That would be cool! :D

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Gah, out of the loop. Haven't logged in for several weeks and when I went to check my hiscores in SwiftKit, my name didn't show up... Got scared, but then I noticed some of my friends' names not showing up either.

Then I looked more into the issue and gave Jagex the finger. >_>

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

You are awesome. :thumbsup:

I love you Gradeskip! <3:

Seriously though, this would make a lot of sense to do. Would you only have the F2P skills on the siggy (like Tipit's F2P version), or will you have an option to show P2P levels too? I'm like 90%+ F2P, but I still like to show off the P2P levels that I got when I was a member.

<3:

They will not be like Tip.it Stat Sigs because i'm not into coding and wouldn't know how to do that. Tif staff may create some of those someday but I decided to still go with my original idea:

They will simply be composed of multiple images that will work with BBcodes and you will need to edit the url and change the number in the image's url whenever you level up. For example, if the url of level 89 is http://www.[...]/89.png, you will have to change the 89 to a 90 when you level up.

I think this can work well since you will only have to edit a number when you level up, instead of having to re-create a whole signature and enter again all of your new stats if it worked like Tip.it's.

Also, for my current plans, I did not plan to include P2P stats because it would almost double the amount of images, but it might come in the future if people want it.

The only thing that I won't be able to do is the total level... because since it's all pictures, i'd need to create, for the total level only, about 1500 images of all numbers, which would take wayyy too long, but again, it might come in the future if i find a solution. :)

Glad you guys like the idea <3:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

The stat sigs are a great idea, Gradeskip. Looking forward to it. :thumbup:

Also, I just posted my stats on the RSOF. The QFC is in my sig. Feel free to comment, rate, flame, troll and otherwise bump it so the page 50 monster doesn't eat it. :ohnoes:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Here's a preview, I will make a guide on how to create and maintain them shortly! :)

wborder.png

I could add the combat and total level but for the total, it'd have to be 2 separate images. For example, 1450 total would be [14][50], because i can't create 1500 pictures... that'd be impossible! :P

And they don't work yet on TIF because the image limit per sig is 10. But if you guys use other forums, you will be able to use them. In total, this is 28 images and 1994 characters, so if some sites have a limit of characters, it will have to be raised to 2000 for this to work.

Anyway, let me know if you guys have suggestions! <3:

Hope you guys like it :)

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Something like this?

hfrPB.png

Dart.jpg

Nope, that is a picture that cannot be edited.

I have finally finished, after having to go through some stupid modifications that took a few hours longer than expected. :D

Please read my previous post (3 above) for some information if you haven't read it yet.

Proudly, I present ya', Zr's F2p Stat Signatures!

Here's a preview

Top.png

Left1.pngCombat.pngRight1.png

Left2.png93.png99.png92.png99.png91.png94.png99.png75.pngRight2.png

Left3.pngSkills.pngRight3.png

Left4.png77.png80.png81.png99.png81.png85.png81.png75.pngRight4.png

Bottom.png

From the code, many of you will be able to make your own, but if you cannot work it out, I will write a guide on how to create and edit it tomorrow. <3:

Feedback much appreciated! :thumbup:

Edit: If any level image doesn't work, it's Photobucket's fault and will usually get fixed in the next few minutes.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png