Penance Horn

muggiwhplar

It supposed to deplete charge slower, no personal confirmation on that though. You also get an emote or something to show off your mastery of a role.

You need level five in one role to to get the master horn. Whether or not the number of level five roles you have affects how fast the horn depletes is unconfirmed, but it's likely that it doesn't make a difference, as there's certainly no word on it in the knowledge base.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

From the information that I've read up on it, the Master Penance Horn takes twice as long to fill up, but holds twice the amount of experience within it.

So, it's basically having 2 normal Penance Horns, but in one.

And if anyone is wondering, it takes 10 waves to fill up 10% of the Master Horn (or 20% of the normal if I'm not mistaken), or on average, 1% per wave.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Isn't it 1% per wave for the normal horn? That's what I thought anyway.

I believe the xp held in the horn is also affected by your level in the skill being trained.

You know, you could be right. I was under the impression that it was for the Master Penance Horn, but I may have misread, after thinking about it.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

What I want to know: is time required to charge (0 -> 100%) < time it takes to deplete (100 -> 0%)

This is the ultimate question, isn't it? I also want to know the answer, if anyone has it. Perhaps there is a certain level (Agility-speaking) where it becomes faster to get the XP rewards from BA and then go train then to train constantly, assuming that your level affects the XP reward.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

You know, you could be right. I was under the impression that it was for the Master Penance Horn, but I may have misread, after thinking about it.

Yeah nubmer I read as 10% a game was normal horn.

Also worth noting 10% a game does NOT equal 1% a wave

Kb clearly says the harder waves earn you more.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have been watching my son fill up his master horn. He is lvl 5 in all those categories and is quite fun to watch as he is sooooo very good at playing that game (most mini-games actually).

I am personally wondering if that master horn is worth the time one has to invest in filling it. Questions I have relate to how much extra experience one will gain using it before it is drained and has to be filled again. (Will the time it takes to fill it be worth the amount of extra experience it gives during the time it remains charged or could I have used the time needed to fill it to gain that much experience anyway?)

I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning and my growth is yet to end!!

I am personally wondering if that master horn is worth the time one has to invest in filling it. Questions I have relate to how much extra experience one will gain using it before it is drained and has to be filled again. (Will the time it takes to fill it be worth the amount of extra experience it gives during the time it remains charged or could I have used the time needed to fill it to gain that much experience anyway?)

time to recharge: time you need to teleport to a bank, switch equipment, tele to Barbarian Outpost, find a team and fill your horn to 100%

time to deplete: how long it gives twice the exp

If the time to recharge < time to deplete, it will be useful. For example, recharge time is 5 minutes and deplete time is 10 minutes. If you have to spend 15 minutes in game, not using the horn will get you 15 minutes normal training and using the horn will get you twice the amount you would get in 10 minutes = 20 minutes. Obviously better.

Technically, if time to recharge = time to deplete, it doesn't matter whether you use it or not.

If the time to recharge < time to deplete, it will be useful.

That's assuming that you think that "time spent running in a circle on an agility course" = "time spent playing a minigame".

I just watch tv while training agility. I don't think anyone's crazy enough to just watch some game character run in circles, while doing nothing else.

I think I'd rather train agility (+tv) than play BA. So, I'll only use the horn if it'll save me time in the long run.

Yeah nubmer I read as 10% a game was normal horn.

Also worth noting 10% a game does NOT equal 1% a wave

Kb clearly says the harder waves earn you more.

Right, but as I said, average of 1% each wave, assuming you don't restart is all.

I read in General Discussion that someone figured it to be roughly 0.3% for wave 1, and 1.9% for wave 10. But who knows if that's correct lol.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

If the time to recharge < time to deplete, it will be useful.

That's assuming that you think that "time spent running in a circle on an agility course" = "time spent playing a minigame".

You also make some money and get some distraction from training while doing ba, that alone already worth the (extra) time.

Anyways, on topic:

However while you are getting the master horn, you are wasting exp to points to get to all level 5.

You fill roughly 1/16 each complete rounds for normal horn, getting a master horn is around the same number of games to fill a normal horn...

If you are leveling attacker... you might need twice the time to get a team. Its like everyone all wants to be an attacker.

David (my son) filled his "master horn"; then went over to Bandos Agility. With this horn, you get 5 exp for each statue and 700 for each grapple (total for full round was a little under 800 experience). This all averaged out to be about twice as much agility experience than you would get without the horn. Also, after about 3 hours of this, the horn still showed "full".

I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning and my growth is yet to end!!

David (my son) filled his "master horn"; then went over to Bandos Agility. With this horn, you get 5 exp for each statue and 700 for each grapple (total for full round was a little under 800 experience). This all averaged out to be about twice as much agility experience than you would get without the horn. Also, after about 3 hours of this, the horn still showed "full".

Its good that you tested this out. But it tells us nothing.

1) It is in kb and news announcement that horns give double xp

2) Without telling us HOW MANY LAPS were done in the 3 hours the fact it still shows full means nothing. For all we know your kid did 1 lap an hour, or something way below average.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

rofl .. I seriously doubt anyone would do one lap of agility and then wait an hour to do another.

It takes 2-3 minutes (depending on your agility level & how many times you fall) to complete the Bandos Course. So do the math.

Now David has moved over to Ape Atoll, running that course as a ninja .. no, not one lap per hour .. rofl. Even with his low agility level, he made over 60k experience in less than 2 hours. I would call that very good and worth the time invested in chargint the horn. (Since he has no interest in keeping a time card on this training and I have no time to sit and watch for very long, the number of laps made were not recorded; yet if any of you have trained at this course, you know it takes about 2 minutes to complete. Again, this horn seems to be worth it. At least David's experiences has persuaded me the time spent getting the "master" horn charged is well worth the time. (Also, if you are on a good team, it is fun!)

If the horn fills up based on a system in direct relation to BA points earned, then it'd probably fill fastest on a role that earns points the most easily (not attacker, to be sure)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.